ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:48:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 280527 times)
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2013, 04:46:36 AM »

What I do:

1. Pull out a bomb
2. Turn 90 degrees and L/Z Target
3. Immediately Shield Drop the bomb and sidehop/strafe away from the bomb.
4. Hold the circle pad in an ESS position (slightly down-left or down-right)
5. Side roll into the explosion with my shield up while still L/Z Targeting.

My Link will slide back a few feet and then stop.

What am I doing wrong? Are there any other methods to HESS?

You have to shield at the same time you press L. The HESS works by you shielding damage at the same time you would normally get a FESS
You say you get going forwards, that means you did everything right but you didnt shield the damage at the right time.

You can also get a HESS by megaflipping into water to keep momentum.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #406 on: August 19, 2013, 05:51:13 AM »

You have to shield at the same time you press L. The HESS works by you shielding damage at the same time you would normally get a FESS
You say you get going forwards, that means you did everything right but you didnt shield the damage at the right time.

You can also get a HESS by megaflipping into water to keep momentum.
I'm shielding the damage at the same time I press L while maintaining holding the circle pad slightly down-left/down-right. The most I've gotten was sliding a few feet back and Link's feet stuttering like crazy. I'm also getting a long trail of blue non-damage. If I do not shield or L Target as I side roll into the explosion with ESS position, I always get a FESS.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:53:32 AM by GeneraLight » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »

You don't have to hit L and R at the same time. It's actually a little better to hold L slightly before R so that you do not shield before targetting. If you go forward, you shielded late I'm pretty sure, although I think it could also be because of rolling at the wrong time but I'm really not sure.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2013, 12:47:23 AM »

I managed to to a HESS 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Thank you all for the help.

Does FHESS exist?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:54:51 AM by GeneraLight » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2013, 03:08:34 AM »

To my knowledge FHESS is not a thing

Since you have so many questions I suggest you join us at #oot3d on the IRC server irc.speedrunslive.com as it would make all of your question much more convenient to answer sense you seem to have quite a few of them. Also we'd be able to answer immediately. Just a suggestion.

ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »

Is there any way to get above 100 Gold Skulltulas in Ocarina of Time 3D? The old Gold Skulltula cloning glitch was patched.
cannotbedone
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #411 on: December 03, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »

i cant seem to find a Gate skip as adult for gerudos fortress. Is there a link somewhere or is it just non existent?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #412 on: December 04, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »

Just for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SRHgf0HVK8

BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:41 PM »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but, why does no one do MQ speed runs? And if I were to do a MQ speed run would it be in a diff catagorey than the other any%? I also plan to do a route for MQ involving killing Ganon, would that also still be in any%?
5311216gnik
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #414 on: March 24, 2014, 08:46:58 PM »

Any% ng+ is around 5 minutes faster, and normal any% is around 3-4 faster, and there's already a MST route made (though it's probably outdated by now)
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #415 on: March 26, 2014, 04:49:30 PM »

I guess I should specify more, I'm gonna do a child Ganon% using MQ routing cause it's faster to get bombs and bomb the dodongo skull eyes. And because Gononless, in my opinion, is lamesauce. So would that have it's own catagorey? Or would it just count as any%?
5311216gnik
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #416 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:01 PM »

It would be any% with an alternate route
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #417 on: April 04, 2014, 04:12:18 AM »

I had a question about the current MST route on ZSR for OOT3D, is there a reason we have to DHWW to forest temple after completing fire temple? Can't we just wrong warp from the Fire Temple Blue Warp with FW RIWW?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #418 on: April 04, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »

I had a question about the current MST route on ZSR for OOT3D, is there a reason we have to DHWW to forest temple after completing fire temple? Can't we just wrong warp from the Fire Temple Blue Warp with FW RIWW?
The way blue warp wrong warps work in this game is a little weird. I'm no expert but I believe that I've heard that this game lacks a certain byte that the consooe version has in it's code. This makes it so that blue warps are only capable of wrong warping directly into some sort of cutscene. Because there is no cutscene for any parcular point that could take you to the forest temple, there is no way to wrong warp to the forest temple with blue warps because any of the points that would work on console will crash the game on the 3DS I believe

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #419 on: April 04, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »

The way blue warp wrong warps work in this game is a little weird. I'm no expert but I believe that I've heard that this game lacks a certain byte that the consooe version has in it's code. This makes it so that blue warps are only capable of wrong warping directly into some sort of cutscene. Because there is no cutscene for any parcular point that could take you to the forest temple, there is no way to wrong warp to the forest temple with blue warps because any of the points that would work on console will crash the game on the 3DS I believe

No.

Any time you wrong warp from a blue warp, you set the game up to play a type of cutscene stored within scene files.
Scene files have an optional header command that defines alternate scene setups and possibly cutscene setups. Cutscene setups directly reference the type of cutscene stored within the scene files, and when a cutscene setup is loaded it updates what is known as the cutscene pointer to point to the cutscene before it is played.
Scenes like Forest Temple and Tower Collapse Interior lack this command in their file header and in turn lack a cutscene setup which can update the cutscene pointer. Thus when you wrong warp into these scenes, the result is dependent on the cutscene pointer's previous value.

We don't know exactly what is happening in OoT3d without an emulator, but it's likely the code was changed so that the cutscene pointer is zeroed when a cutscene is finished to prevent playing a cutscene without first pointing to one.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: