ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 280005 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« on: July 07, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »

Sup, newcomers. Got a question about Ocarina of Time 3DS (tips, routes, glitches, anything really)? Ask here. You got questions, we got answers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:52:40 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 03:25:48 AM »

How do I do I get a Big Poe on B in this one?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »

How do I do I get a Big Poe on B in this one?

Do you want Big Poe on B for trading them in and recieve the 4th bottle?
If that is the case, then I recommend you to RBA a red potion instead. It will give you the 4th bottle, without having to mess up anything related to the big poes.

Otherwise, Big Poe is value 30. Just RBA the value 30.
You can check this page for information about item amount.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »

Do you want Big Poe on B for trading them in and recieve the 4th bottle?
If that is the case, then I recommend you to RBA a red potion instead. It will give you the 4th bottle, without having to mess up anything related to the big poes.

Yeah, I already did that and I have the bottle, but I want to max out the points at the Poe shop now.

Otherwise, Big Poe is value 30. Just RBA the value 30.
You can check this page for information about item amount.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

That page is kind of confusing, and I'm not seeing anything regarding Big Poes there. I tried using the method described here and I got... hover boots.

Tried it with Bombchus+Poe and I got the Poacher's Saw... wtf.

EDIT: Was finally able to get it to work with Arrows+Bugs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:25:50 AM by corneliab » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »

EDIT: Was finally able to get it to work with Arrows+Bugs.

Yeah, that is why I suggested you to look at the page I wrote.
It shows the new count combinations in OoT3D. And as you may have noticed, Bugs is linked to arrow count Smiley
You are ofcourse able to do it with other items than the bug and arrow count. ^^

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »

Yeah, that is why I suggested you to look at the page I wrote.

That page just made everything more confusing, especially seeing as how this was about BA and not RBA.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:38 PM »

That page just made everything more confusing, especially seeing as how this was about BA and not RBA.

It... explains what bottle links to what count... Bugs = Arrow count
It says that on the page, it should not be confusing in any way whatsoever.
If you find it confusing, then you should really try to start understand it, as it helps alot when it comes to RBA and amouns in BA.

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »

It... explains what bottle links to what count... Bugs = Arrow count
It says that on the page, it should not be confusing in any way whatsoever.
If you find it confusing, then you should really try to start understand it, as it helps alot when it comes to RBA and amouns in BA.

Oh please. I understand that section's significance for BA now, but it was hardly clear. That chart that's supposed to explain which bottled items are linked to which "ammo" only describes its RBA utility (updating item amount?). This is because you linked me to what was purely an RBA page (even though I was trying to do a BA exploit), and since I'm kinda new to all this BA/RBA stuff, I didn't know wtf I was looking at.

Considering that the OoT3D page doesn't even have an adequate BA section up yet, you could've just given me a straight answer from the start, instead of tossing me an RBA page and expecting me to work backwards.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:16:16 PM by corneliab » Logged
enzo22
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 04:04:51 AM »

Alright, question time.

I did a TSC with Young Link to skip the King Zora and the letter in a bottle thing to get to the the Water Temple without realizing it would block access to the Ice Cavern later.  Has anyone found out a glitch specific method of bypassing him as Adult Link?  Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
I will continue messing around myself, but thanks in advance!
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 04:44:37 AM »

Alright, question time.

I did a TSC with Young Link to skip the King Zora and the letter in a bottle thing to get to the the Water Temple without realizing it would block access to the Ice Cavern later.  Has anyone found out a glitch specific method of bypassing him as Adult Link?  Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
Currently, No. There is no way to bypass King Zora as an Adult, Sorry Sad. I have been experimenting this and DoT. But sadly, i haven't been pregressing as i would like to.  Sad
enzo22
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »

Currently, No. There is no way to bypass King Zora as an Adult, Sorry Sad. I have been experimenting this and DoT. But sadly, i haven't been pregressing as i would like to.  Sad

aww alright.  Not too big of a deal since it's really not too far in the game.  Thanks!
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 05:39:50 AM »

Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
If you want to get to the Shadow Temple early, RBA for the Nocturne of Shadow. You're going to need the Odd Poultice from the Biggoron trading quest, though.

Since you don't have any boots and can't do the Restricted Items method for Deku Stick on B, I recommend doing the Epona Death+Swordless glitch, followed by saving and quitting. The timing for Epona Death is pretty strict, so you should probably mash one of the tabs on the bottom screen to progress through the frames- you're going to want to mount right after the bomb explodes.

Once you reload your file you'll have Deku Sticks on B, which will allow you do the Bottle on B exploit (scroll down to the bottom).

Put the Poultice on II and catch some bugs/fish with the B bottle. You'll now have the Nocturne of Shadow, so you can get to the Shadow Temple and grab the Hover Boots.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:06:36 AM by corneliab » Logged
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 06:21:30 AM »

Alright, question time.

I did a TSC with Young Link to skip the King Zora and the letter in a bottle thing to get to the the Water Temple without realizing it would block access to the Ice Cavern later.  Has anyone found out a glitch specific method of bypassing him as Adult Link?  Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
No, dont do Hover Boots on B. When you use them as a child, you will be able to walk with them on (the same as adult link, kind of like a slippery stop). BUT when you hover off a ledge, the game freezes and I think so does the DS. Therefore don't use Hover Boots on B.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:42:44 AM by HeyListen » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 06:26:21 AM »

No, dont do Hover Boots on B. When you use them as a child, you will be able to walk with them on (the same as adult link, kind of like a slippery stop). BUT when you hover off a ledge, the game freezes and I think so does the DS. Therefore don't use Hover Boots on B.

I'm not talking about Hover Boots on B. Did you even read my post? -_-
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »

I'm not talking about Hover Boots on B. Did you even read my post? -_-
Sorry i quoted the wrong person Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: