ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:46:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 288755 times)
Deku Scrub

« Reply #375 on: July 31, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »

This is the method I used and it seemed to work well enough for me.
First I target with my shield up, so that Link does a little bouncing up and down animation. I turn on the sound and listen to the rhythm of his feet hitting the floor and keep that in my head. Then I start running with a bomb. With the rhythm in mind, I use the cutscene item about one beat after I hear the bomb explode. If Link does a throwing motion, you did it too early. If nothing happens or he uses the item instead, you're too late.
Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« Reply #376 on: July 31, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »

This is the method I used and it seemed to work well enough for me.
First I target with my shield up, so that Link does a little bouncing up and down animation. I turn on the sound and listen to the rhythm of his feet hitting the floor and keep that in my head. Then I start running with a bomb. With the rhythm in mind, I use the cutscene item about one beat after I hear the bomb explode. If Link does a throwing motion, you did it too early. If nothing happens or he uses the item instead, you're too late.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I did this and got it on my second try! Thanks, this is amazing!

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #377 on: July 31, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »

Also if you do the DHWW without using a fairy, you will not need to OI to use farores wind if it was already equipped to x or y. This requires you to get the frame where link falls through the grotto hole.

Heres the common method for doing that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMEKBoHtytM

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Demise
Regular Guay

« Reply #378 on: July 31, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »

Oh so the button won't be disabled if you don't use a fairy? That's nice (I never use a fairy).

ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #379 on: August 01, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »

I'm preparing to get the Ice Arrows and Light Arrows in my inventory as standalone items. So basically all I have to do is RBA Magic Beans on II as Child Link and RBA the Hookshot on II as Adult Link any time before getting the Light and Ice Arrows respectively? Those will create bottles in my inventory. When I obtain the Magical Arrows, those bottles in my inventory will be replaced by the Magical Arrows as standalone items.

From what I've read, the only way to get a bottle on B as Child Link is either NG+ or the Kiddy Capper's glitch?

So Fire Arrows are impossible to get as a standalone item, because it requires you to RBA Fire Arrows on II?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:51:24 PM by GeneraLight » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #380 on: August 01, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »

there is technically 1 other way to get bottle on B using NG+ FW. This method is kind of new so not sure about all of the specifics but I think you have to pay to fish at the pond then save twice and you should have like one frame or something where you can use FW to escape. After that idk what you need to do though Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Demise
Regular Guay

« Reply #381 on: August 01, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »

Argh, I wanna learn megaflipping, but I really can't manage it at all... How do you guys get it so consistently?

And while we're at it, I'm kinda confused about superslides. The "hold stick in ESS pos -> pull out bombs and wait for it to explode (or take damage in any other way) -> press L" method gives me wildly varying speeds for some reason. Some of them do look like something close to a HESS, others are not much faster than walking. Why is this happening? And also, is this the only method to SS in OOT3D, or are there other ones that give either a simple SS or a consistent HESS?

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #382 on: August 02, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »

The best way to megaflip consistently is simply practice and learning the timing. Sometimes it helps if you are off centered with the bomb.

A FESS (Forward ESS) can vary in speed depending on many factors which I believe to be how quickly you L target after taking damage, the position of the camera, the angle of the ESS.

Other forms of superslides that work in this version are HESS and WESS which both operate the same way they do on console, however for WESS most walls will not give you sword recoil and thus it isn't often useful. HESS on the other hand is in my opinion harder than on console for whatever reason. The timing seems rather strict

ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #383 on: August 02, 2013, 06:14:14 AM »

Is there any way of getting infinite Gold Skulltulas in OoT3D?
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #384 on: August 03, 2013, 08:46:50 AM »

Is there any way to do Kiddy Capers without inventory overstuffing?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2013, 12:15:13 PM »

You can dupe skultulas in grottos by getting the token while entering the grotto's exit

there is know other way to do kiddy capers
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:18:49 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #386 on: August 04, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »

You can dupe skultulas in grottos by getting the token while entering the grotto's exit

there is know other way to do kiddy capers
I've heard that infinite Gold Skulltula glitch was patched in OoT3D.

Also, I was able to pull off Kiddy Capers without inventory overstuffing. All you have to do is die while your B Button is disabled.

Question #1: What happens when you get more than 24 items (20 in the inventory and one on X, Y, I and II)? Does that game break? What happens?

Question #2: Are Fire Arrows impossible to get as a standalone item? Because they require you to RBA with a standalone Fire Arrow on II to get a standalone Fire Arrow. Do you think there may be another method besides RBA?
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2013, 10:32:22 PM »

Hey everyone,
I'd like a bit of help to perform the forest escape using TSC kind of consistently
I tried a few methods I found on youtube but I managed to do them only once in a while and with a lot of tries
Would you have a method to recommend ? and why ?

Is there something more I need to know to perform this trick like being very fast at a very precise moment otherwise it won't work ?
Should I mash the B button ? And then the A button ?
Or is it better to time them to be more consistent ?
And last (but not least) question: what would be the perfect angle to get past the guard ? Should I be perfectly aligned with him or a bit on his right or left ?

Thank you in advance for your help this is a very useful trick and I'd like to know all your little setups that allow you to perform it very consistently ,)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »

There is only one thing I've found you can do to actually make this more consistent, although I don't think you'll like it. The only think that helps is practice. Sometimes mashing works, sometimes it doesn't. There is a specific angle of course but the being able to turn exactly 90 degrees or whatever on the circle pad is really hard making trying to line it up near impossible. Your best bet is tons of practice yo give you a good feel of the angle you want.

ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »

How do I get the Giant's Wallet (500 Rupees) on Slot 4 in the Gear section? I've already done inventory overstuffing by obtaining all 22 normal items in the game and getting the Ice and Light Arrows as standalone items, removed my strength upgrades by RBA'ing -No Mask- on II, and acquiring the Purple Gauntlets by RBA'ing Pocket Egg on II using a bottled fish.

Regardless of whether you use bugs or a fish, you can still carry up to 200 Rupees in both cases. The Adult's Wallet (used a fish) or Deku Nuts (used bugs) replaces your Slot 4, which results in allowing you to only dive 1 meter, and the Silver Scale replaces the strength upgrades in Slot 3, giving you the Purple Gauntlets.

Collecting the Giant's Wallet after RBA'ing the Pocket Cucco on II upgrades your Rupee capacity to 500 Rupees, but does NOT change the Adult's Wallet icon in the Gear menu.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:56:49 PM by GeneraLight » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: