ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:21:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173541 times)
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2015, 04:48:08 AM »

This is what I was talking about before: http://youtu.be/HnNO78yCt9g
Hope it makes more sense.
Also, I think this is as fast as the jumping part in the beginning can get: http://youtu.be/2BTL2wxwNUUIf Bk skip in STT is possible, I can see it being much a run ender. U can end up either screwing it up and voiding out or crash the game. Either way, looks like we'll be grinding STT a lot more from now on.
Mask jump to skip epona and hookshot? Ehhhhhh..... Well, for one, there's no way we're skipping epona because we need her for a warp and climbing ST would be a pain in the butt. And those 5 minutes supposebly saved from skipping hookshot would probably dwindle down since mask jumping is pretty slow.
When I was talking about skipping Epona, I was saying that with jump slash cancel hovering we'd find some alternate clip into milk bar; arbitrary height and distance travel solves a lot of issues with it IIRC.

Also, hook shot skip is made a bit more viable because we could take fairy fountain alt exit to ikana. Hookshot skip's much less viable than epona skip I grant you.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:51:00 AM by Madmonk12345 » Logged
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »

When I was talking about skipping Epona, I was saying that with jump slash cancel hovering we'd find some alternate clip into milk bar; arbitrary height and distance travel solves a lot of issues with it IIRC.
For milk bar clip, It seems possible if we find a corner to triple slash in that faces the loading zone, but we'd need the time to be 2 or 3 AM to get in. Remember that we can't change direction of the jumpslash in midair.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2015, 05:03:32 PM »

We could maybe do a grunz clip with an actor and then do this, old jumpslash would be facing the right direction.
I feel like this could also have potential for goron mask skip.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »

We could maybe do a grunz clip with an actor and then do this, old jumpslash would be facing the right direction.
I feel like this could also have potential for goron mask skip.

I don't think Goht without goron mask is possible though. Epona skip would be usefull... I'm sure there's a way to zora clip in there.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:12 AM »

I found a way to do the main Woodfall area faster. You can turn into Zora and swim across the swamp, hookshot the chest near the owl statue, then Long Jump to the platform.

I made a video for it so that it's easier to know the setup and where to swim to. There's quite a large area of water where there is no poison for some reason  Undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-dnSYZh2ec

EDIT: You can also swim up to the owl platform, the change into Goron and pound up to lock onto the owl statue, save, then reload your file. This is probably slower and it might not even be doable with 3 hearts but w/e

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:15:16 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
BassSlap
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2015, 01:40:59 PM »

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I have found a crash glitch. Thought this would help in-case a speedrunner does this. If you are in northern clock town and enter the deku playground just as the bomb cut-scene starts it will 'soft' crash. You will see the scene but instead of entering the hole you will just hover there as the text "Ouch! Watch where you're going!" stays on the screen. The normal sounds (bomber kid walking around and shooting the balloon and the crickets) play but you cannot do anything.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2015, 03:43:45 AM »

Well, I found a few things today. The first thing I think is pretty sick and I hope there can be a use for it somewhere.

I call it Chain Bombing because what it does is allow Link to explode Bombs one after the other without stopping (as long as your timing is right). What you do is:

1. Shield drop a bomb
2. Shield crouch until the bomb explodes
3. As soon as the bomb hits your shield, almost instantly shield drop another bomb
4. The bomb will explode and then another bomb can be dropped and shielded
5. Repeat to keep exploding bomb after bomb.

I made a video of it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7Qe371pO8&feature=youtu.be

The other trick I found is a form of Mask Storage that has some clipping potential.

With the Hookshot, go into first person, get right up to a hookshot-able surface (not always necessary) and aim as far up the surface as you can. Fire the hookshot and almost immediately put on a mask right after. I only tested it on torches, but Link will always fly towards the object and clip through it. He'll then put on whatever mask you stored.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:46:10 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »

I think "chain bombing" was already known from mm64 because it was one of the ways to get your health down to a certain amount. Used to be helpful for great bay bk skip on 64

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

I think "chain bombing" was already known from mm64 because it was one of the ways to get your health down to a certain amount. Used to be helpful for great bay bk skip on 64
Huh, interesting! Well at least there's a vid of it now for MM3D. I guess it could still be used at some point down the line. Who knows  Tongue
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »

Huh, interesting! Well at least there's a vid of it now for MM3D. I guess it could still be used at some point down the line. Who knows  Tongue
It looks like it could be useful for something, but it's a HUGE waste of bombs. I dunno, time will tell.

Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #295 on: March 31, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »

After some testing of consecutive mask jumps, I think I have some bad news. I'm pretty sure it can't be used to gain height at all. The time it takes between link pulling out the bottle and the frame he becomes able to do a jump slash is too long, and he loses too much height.

This doesn't mean it can't be used for skips; it just means it's restricted to horizontal distance travel, which should still be enough to skip epona and probably do STT boss key skip but not enough to do fairy fountain alt exit.

More testing needs to be done though. You can't really home buffer when unpausing from the item menu because a certain frame softlocks the game, meaning I couldn't perfectly test it. Either way, the vertical distance gained is tiny if it exists at all, meaning using it for that purpose is out of the question, even for TAS given how long it would take.
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #296 on: March 31, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »

Btw, how are we going to get into milk bar with mask jump? i'm thinking we can ledge clip on the wall next to the east clock town guard and Mask jump there, but i'm not so sure.

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #297 on: March 31, 2015, 11:02:07 PM »

Thanks to PlayMyLife, who figured out how to keep Link's arms raised during getting hit with a bomb, to perform Bomb OI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHeHJiDtc8M

Bomb OI Confirmed to still work Tongue
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »

It's possible to navigate the Song of Soaring menu a bit faster.
After you play it, as soon as the text box for it disappears you can start pressing towards the point you want to warp to before the map comes up.
Example, you want to warp to stone tower, as soon as the text box disappears, you press right twice before the map appears and mash A to get through the prompts. Saves ~0.5 seconds.

EXDEATH
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »

Alternate Moon Tear Skip
 I used to do it on MM64 as a kid before i saw Gainers being done nowadays
https://youtu.be/DO0YUWxCbBk

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: