ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 12:16:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 180805 times)
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2015, 01:42:48 AM »

Alright, we're naming it Mask Jump. Someone put the video in the wrong section, so there's already confusion with the name. I'll remove the edits on the Jumpslash Cancel page and put in a new page for Mask Jump.

We were debating with the name of the glitch (some runners and me) and we didn't fully decided but we think that the best name could be JumpSlash Cancelling since, the name itself explains the trick, you cancel the jump slash animation and then Rename the previous jump slash cancel into something else since you really are not cancelling the jump slash, you're just canceling the endlag like you mentioned earlier ;P
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:55 AM »

I found a really simple timesaver (?) that skips the tiny running cutscene when approaching the owl statue in clock town. All you do is wait to activate the statue instead of doing it in the 1st cycle. You can then just approach it like every other statue in the game.

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2015, 04:25:47 AM »

We were debating with the name of the glitch (some runners and me) and we didn't fully decided but we think that the best name could be JumpSlash Cancelling since, the name itself explains the trick, you cancel the jump slash animation and then Rename the previous jump slash cancel into something else since you really are not cancelling the jump slash, you're just canceling the endlag like you mentioned earlier ;P
Well... Crap. Screwed me over there.
Uhhhhh..... Doggone flabber biscuits, this is such a dilemma. Feel like throwing a Super Smash Bros term here. A-Cancel, J-Cancel..... Huh??
Welp.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2015, 05:28:38 AM »

I feel like Mask Jump suits the trick just fine. It accurately describes what is happening, you are using a mask to jump. It's also short, sweet, and to the point.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2015, 05:50:12 AM »

Okay, so I was in Stone Tower, and when I did the ledge clip to get to BK, I targeted a bubble, and it put me into the tunnel with the bubbles, rather than OoB just outside the door.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #260 on: March 19, 2015, 04:47:54 PM »

I made this strawpoll, i guess share it with everyone and everyone who reads this, probaly we see who likes what more #OpieOP http://strawpoll.me/3907535
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #261 on: March 19, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »

I really don't see why this is being debated so much. It's just a name.

The Snarky Lesbian
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #262 on: March 19, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »

Hey there, completely new speedrunner here.

I have a question regarding the rupee farming for the 5000 rupee HP. In Benstephens1000's 100% rupees, it says killing eenos with light arrows. Which Eenos is that referring to? Also, is that really the fastest method?

In my first 100% file I used the Clock Town Shooting Gallery to farm the rupees. Every win after getting the Shooting Gallery HP and the Quiver awards Link with a a gold rupee (200 rupees). Doing that about 28-30 times awards about 5000 rupees. Now, the Shooting Gallery minigame takes about a minute to a minute and 20 seconds to complete. Depending on how well you do, every cycle with getting the rupees and running back to the bank takes about 4-5 minutes. Which is not all that bad.

But you guys are the pros, what do you think about that method?

Khari Eventide aka The Snarky Lesbian
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #263 on: March 19, 2015, 05:59:59 PM »

The eenos are the snowman enemies in North termina field at night. Every eeno that you kill with a light arrow gives you 50 rupees so 10 eenos fills your wallet, and it's fast to get there. Every trip for 500 rupees take about 1:30 which is pretty good honestly. The shooting gallery is definitely not a fast idea at all. It would take around 3 times longer to do it this way! Plus, the gallery isn't open at night which is the best time to do this, so you'd have to ledge clip in every time!

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
The Snarky Lesbian
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #264 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:34 PM »

Okay, that IS a pretty cool strat. A lot faster than my octorok genocide, and the risk of failure is nil.

Nice, thanks a lot!

Khari Eventide aka The Snarky Lesbian
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »

Do bubbles still give 50R when killed via light arrow?

PVZBronyGod
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2015, 11:14:20 PM »

If you read the post you quoted you'd have a basic understanding of it.

I don't have the savestates to analyse the glitch to confirm, but basically with MM things work like this:

You have 4 byte day counter. The intended day range is 0-4, where 0 is the day before you enter Termina, 1-3 are your main three days, and the 4th day is the Dawn of a New Day. Normally, even if you get into the 4th day, it's impossible to go farther than that since the 4th day rolls over back to the 4th. When you dupe over the Gibdo Mask and store Hot Water in that bottle, it speeds up time crazy fast for some reason, allowing you to shoot past the 4th day.

Now, to determine what day of the week it is, some things will take the current day variable, divide it by 5, then use the remainder to figure out what the current day is, while others use the day variable as is.

So the 5th day glitch is not necessarily glitching to the 5th day, but rather glitching beyond day 4 to where (day variable % 5) == 1, same thing as the New Day wrong warp.
K
PVZBronyGod
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2015, 09:12:57 PM »

So i have some more questions...
Giant Link, should it be posted to the Remake Changes page?
How much damage does Giant Link's attacks do?
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2015, 01:00:56 AM »

Should I make a thread on adding/editing pages to the MM3D section on the ZSR website? I think it would be good to make one because there are pages that are lacking in content (mainly the dungeon and boss sections) and we can discuss edits that should be made.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »

Besides adding/editing, put general guidelines too. (game capitalization, OoT vs. OOT, official names for moves, Jump Attack vs. Jump Slash) the latter which I think should be discussed further.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: