ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616263 times)
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #675 on: August 09, 2014, 09:52:55 PM »

Going back to "Nice Bomb Throw Boosting" or "Bomb Throwing" or "Throw Boosting" or etc. for a minute, I think we can all agree it needs a formalized name. So per RW's suggestion on IRC, whether he was joking or not Cool, I'm gonna take the admittedly narcissistic approach as its discoverer and name it now as Lemon Boosting. The following video is a demonstration I whipped up to show how consistent it actually is if you're good at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W27dQz6P1W0

Quote from: Myria
Can you do this in Lorule?  This is Big Bomb territory.  I'm wondering whether it is possible to somehow get the Big Bomb to follow you while you're up there in Lorule.  From there, go up on top of the trees, the up and to the left back to the screen where the Big Bomb spawns.  Then get onto the wall from the trees.

If you can get to that wall, you can try going along that wall west past the Rupee Rush game, then north along the Rupee Rush game's west wall.  Maybe going north from there would result in entering Thieves' Town...?  Obviously, try without the Big Bomb first.

You can get up there but not with the Big Bomb following you. We haven't been able to get from the OoB trees onto the wall leading towards Rupee Rush, either.

Quote from: Weegeechan
I'm almost 100% sure now that the painting house has no loading zone.

I'm still not 100% convinced, but again this is (unfortunately) mounting the evidence against it Undecided

Quote from: KingOfHeart
What if this big bomb could help us skip the Skull Woods dungeon?

This bomb has multiple possibilities with it's huge collision.

So, for this to happen, we'd need the means of getting Big Bomb into Thieves' (obviously) and the means of jumping the gap between Thieves' and Skull without blowing up the bomb. IMHO, it might be a bit premature to discuss Big Bomb clipping through Skull Woods until we can put a dent in those.

Though, I guess it's worth noting that the Big Bomb is able to hover over gaps: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGNuwpz5w
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #676 on: August 09, 2014, 10:59:04 PM »

So I assume you reached the ledge on Lorule Castle screen via Blacksmith? Because that ledge has sorta been the best way to reach Thieves' all along, but there's just no way to actually get there without BSmith screen.

The last part about the south of grove area... I'm not sure what you did to reach there. However, I'm hype because that means we can do the Flippers Treasure area that requires Titan's Mitt early. Early being before Lorule. Hype.

Yes it was via Blacksmith

About the south area, I was talking about this spot : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEpvOwXhw

You need to throw the bomb right/slightly diagonal right-up and you will end up onto the cliff

Can you do this in Lorule?  This is Big Bomb territory.  I'm wondering whether it is possible to somehow get the Big Bomb to follow you while you're up there in Lorule.  From there, go up on top of the trees, the up and to the left back to the screen where the Big Bomb spawns.  Then get onto the wall from the trees.

If you can get to that wall, you can try going along that wall west past the Rupee Rush game, then north along the Rupee Rush game's west wall.  Maybe going north from there would result in entering Thieves' Town...?  Obviously, try without the Big Bomb first.

I have tried and I  have reached this zone : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaXBXmOsIw
Maybe I can go in the left screen I don't know because it was my first attempt and I fell. But even if I can, I had not the big bomb with me  Undecided
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #677 on: August 09, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »

When on a tree, there's nothing to hook to, right?

That be one way to get inside of the baseball game.

Any advice on a trick to get a reg bomb to explode as you leap so you can get onto of cliffs?
(So far I tried swinging my sword a few times, and then trying to leap. I was always a few frames early or late)

Little ledges are much easier now with the throw method, but this method has not worked to getting you really high.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:24:44 AM by KingOfHeart » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #678 on: August 09, 2014, 11:48:12 PM »

Nice going getting the bomb throw there. I gave that some effort some time back and had no luck, so nice to see it is doable.

As far as the one on the tree is... you can get to the next screen, but it yielded no useful results. HOWEVER. That was from ground level. I never got on the tree.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #679 on: August 10, 2014, 01:58:34 AM »

How do you execute a "thrown bomb boost"?  Is there a video of this?
LemonKong
Regular Guay

« Reply #680 on: August 10, 2014, 02:17:44 AM »

Myria, take a look at my previous post Wink
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #681 on: August 10, 2014, 03:06:57 AM »

Myria, take a look at my previous post Wink

Ah that one; I've used that for two weeks or so since it was discovered.  Where is the place to use it to get onto the wall there, though?  I didn't know of any jump-off points.  Fire rod is supposedly more reliable, but you're really good at those bombs.

I used Nice Bombs boosting to get "into" the entrance to Treacherous Tower and make silly screenshots.  There's nothing there, but it does look silly.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #682 on: August 10, 2014, 05:28:58 AM »

Going along with weegeechan, I also don't think the house has a loading zone, since for one if you notice after you beat thieves, there is nothing around (enemies), and link doesn't go directly into the house but just blacks out and is in the house, so that makes me believe that to get in the house is cutscene activated by thief girl, and there is prob nothing in the house, and is just filler.

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #683 on: August 13, 2014, 05:40:49 PM »

I have tried and I  have reached this zone : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaXBXmOsIw
Maybe I can go in the left screen I don't know because it was my first attempt and I fell. But even if I can, I had not the big bomb with me  Undecided
How'd you get up there?  I tried portal clipping on the screen south of there, but I just get voided.

Melissa
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #684 on: August 13, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »

Myria, Throw Bomb Boost works.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #685 on: August 13, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »

Few days ago I was trying to exploit this screen transition particularity, and I'm pretty sure we can get the big bomb into Thieve's Town. We "just" need to be here : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACaU2yT3ElVMw
then dash. We won't fall straight down. I think we could fall far enought from the bomb so it won't follow us anymore and it will be against the screen transition. Now, we just go to the left screen and we lead the bomb wich was remaining in the right screen. (we could repeat this procedure from Blacksmith to Thieve's Town if needed, because when we go from right to left in these 2 screens, the big bomb remains loaded too)

How'd you get up there?  Coming from the Blacksmith?

It's possible to get onto the edges of the bridge to the castle--where the ghostly blue torches are--using a Hinox, right?  Can we use a Hinox to get onto the fence, then go from the fence to that ledge, so that we don't have to go from the Blacksmith's area?

Melissa
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #686 on: August 13, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »

Myria, Throw Bomb Boost works.

Oh, I see.  Go from Hyrule to the other portal, then boost off that up to the upper level.  That's why it wouldn't be useful for the Big Bomb, then =^-^=

Melissa
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #687 on: August 14, 2014, 07:57:48 AM »

I tried that before, you can walk outside the fence but you cant get to thieves town, also I couldnt manage to get the bomb to follow you once you are outside the fence.

They tried the fence thing
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #688 on: August 14, 2014, 09:34:03 AM »

They tried the fence thing

What about getting on the fence?  What stopped that?  Like, there's a way to use the Hinoxes to smack you onto the bridge's white ledges, right?  Can those Hinoxes smack you onto the fence?
Naxanria
Deku Scrub

« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »

Not certain if known/useful at all, but spin attack seems to hit twice if being close enough: http://youtu.be/srgnzIjrirE
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: