ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:19:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Rupee Route  (Read 8632 times)
zellpree
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:31:08 AM »

This game is very tight on rupees, for those who haven't played it.

The rupee route is going to be strange, and difficult to route, and slashing grass doesn't seem like the best way to grind it all out.

There have actually been 3 different routes I have seen today.  And what I think is best is to go out of our way for most of highrule, in preparation for lorule.

There is 100 rupee behind the Eastern Palace that doesn't take long to get (As long as you awaken the save point near the entrance of the dungeon)

And another 200 rupees in the house near Sahashrala's. 

This cover the expenses for the Smooth Stone (Required to get flippers, which is required to enter a few dungeons)

And just for lowrule, you only need to purchase 2 things from Ravio (Hammer, and Tornado Rod) which is 40 more rupees

Just wanting to know the different routes people have conjured up thusfar.

Mine consists of getting both 100 rupee chests, and going out of my way for more money.  (ie: I have 85 rupees entering lorule)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:14:38 PM »

This game is very tight on rupees, for those who haven't played it.

I dunno, I was pretty much drowning in rupees my entire playthrough. I can't imagine rupee routing being much of a problem.
zellpree
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:48:58 AM »

Really?  I felt like I was always just barely short on rupees.  I didn't really even run through the game as fast as possible.  Just casual play :/
Crankeey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:26:11 AM »

Haven't finished the game yet but renting items once seems fairly cheap. There are so many 50-100 rupee chests in the dungeons I can't imagine realistically going of the way to collect rupees.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 08:10:49 AM »

I think house of gales before hera is faster.  If you go straight to get the glove then to hera, you dont have pegasus boots which costs a bit of time.  Ravio's is also much closer to gales than hera.  Ideally you could rent tornado + hammer + bombs at the same time, do gales, warp to kak, then do hera.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »

I think house of gales before hera is faster.  If you go straight to get the glove then to hera, you dont have pegasus boots which costs a bit of time.  Ravio's is also much closer to gales than hera.  Ideally you could rent tornado + hammer + bombs at the same time, do gales, warp to kak, then do hera.

Was thinking this also when playing Hero Mode... I can't imagine Hera being faster than doing Gales because of the boots alone... If Rupee routing also becomes an issue we can get money from Gales also... though I can't see that being an issue unless someone plans in a lot of death warping... which probably won't happen.
FriiedPorkchop
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »

You could get the pegasus boots before going to Hera. It would cost little to no time and you wouldnt have to hunt for rupees on the overworld to buy the smooth gem.
Mofat
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »

Theres loads and loads of chests with 100 rupee's, and quite a few enemies that will give you red rupee's upon defeating them, if you can put the route to go through same area with said enemy a few times it could help, but unfortunately many of the rupee chests in dungeons are a little out of the way.
zT DeFuZeD
Deku Scrub

Hero of the Triforce

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 11:13:54 PM »

Doing house of gales first is better in my opinion because you get the boots, and the boots make you rich. Certain trees(like the one in northeast kakariko) pop out rupees when dashed each time you enter the area. Another tree by witches house drops a red and two blue rupees. and there are plenty others. Just make a list of known money trees, and every time you pass through that area during your run, take an extra three seconds and dash that tree for cash if you need it. This greatly saves time on chest hunting

"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: