ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:19:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617115 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2013, 07:24:29 AM »

Here's the video for the merge glitch in Lorule castle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEWm8YChT1E
-
And the bomb trial timesaver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ZhkvoUcXc

Hah. I did look thru multiple dungeons without finding a room where you could store merge. I never did try it in Lurle castle.
It really seems like it must be related to rooms where you look down other other rooms below. I mean, is it really a coincidence that both Thieves' and Lorule Castle, where it works, you look down on a floor below with perfect view.
This may also work somewhere in the Ice Ruins if that's the case.

Hitaka
Regular Guay

Phoenix

« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »

Dunno if this is common knowledge but I haven't seen it mentioned. In the Lost Woods, the ghosts always end up in the same spots, the only randomness is which direction they pick. First round the ghost ends on the right, second round they end top and bottom. Third is always down so it doesn't matter.

Life itself is that which is eternal.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

Dunno if this is common knowledge but I haven't seen it mentioned. In the Lost Woods, the ghosts always end up in the same spots, the only randomness is which direction they pick. First round the ghost ends on the right, second round they end top and bottom. Third is always down so it doesn't matter.

The ghosts cant walk up, left or right on 1st and 2nd round. I tested it multiple times on a file. Only last one is always down.

Edit: nevermind me. It appears I wasn't completely awake yet and didn't understand the message.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:36:12 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »

This isn't actually and if this is complete set in stone fact then that's good because I tend to not pay attention mid animation of it all... If I can just look at the last position for them before they separate from their circle then that's brilliant.

This may be obvious to those who know the early desert palace boss door, but I was able to get onto the platform with the boss key in desert palace without filling the room with sand using the same method.

This is interesting, we also need the small key in that room still don't we? Not sure if the room where you raise the sand is locked without going through the dungeons again myself... But I'm pretty sure we need the key... two boosts seem pretty... time costly if you fail them for a bit and pretty impending on death also if you don't have Blue Mail at that given point in time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:29:10 PM by Volvagia » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »

This is interesting, we also need the small key in that room still don't we? Not sure if the room where you raise the sand is locked without going through the dungeons again myself... But I'm pretty sure we need the key... two boosts seem pretty... time costly if you fail them for a bit and pretty impending on death also if you don't have Blue Mail at that given point in time.

Yeah, we still need the small key there. Getting the boss key early basically allows you to skip entering the room that you use to fill the sand.
However, you can grab that key without moving the gargoyle, making it pretty fast. Just use the bow/hookshot to hit the switch when standing on the red blocks in the bottom left, then throw a bomb to the switch, and move to the blue blocks. You'll get up to the small key, removing the need to go up and move the gargoyle, saving a few seconds.
And the boost really isn't difficult, I can do it without any trouble. (I have an easier time doing it from the corner in front of the chest)
You can also throw a bomb, then use bow/hookshot so that you won't have to wait, the timing is much stricter though.
You could even do another boost to get up to the small key, but that doesn't even seem worth it.

I assume that it is common knowledge by now that you can get pushed up onto any surface with the use of a living armos/gargoyle as long as the Tornado Rod reaches up? (which is why I hate the fact that there isn't one in Skull Woods...)

Edit:
It's not just 3F main room of lorule castle that could to the merge glitch. You can also do it on 2F. So we now know that it works in 3 rooms in the game. all of which has a clear view of a room below it.
I haven't gotten it to work anywhere in Ice Ruins yet however. Which is kind of surprising to me, since it has various rooms that are similar to that of lorule castle and thieves' hideout.

In Ice Ruins I tried to boost from the Northern B2 room into the Miniboss room of B3. However, there seems to be a pretty obvious invisible wall blocking it? I tried with boots cancel and all that, and link "slide" against the air, not moving forward, until he reaches B4, where he regain the ability to move forward and fall down into the void, respawning at B2 again. tried several times, vertically, diagonally, etc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:31:18 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Ovenn
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »

I can't see the video, It's private.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »

It's open now Cheesy didn't know what the fuck happened

I don't think this is something new? There are several locations in the game were you can dash indefinitely in corners.
I am not entirely positive if they cause link to bounce around as if he is almost clipping though, except for one location in Lorule, where he actually does clip, right after he bounce around in the corner for a very short moment.

Edit: A very, very useless merge clip in 1F Lorule Castle.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/a_link_in_the_stairs.jpg
You basically get up on the lower railing on the right side of 1F by falling down onto it from higher ground, then merge to the right wall, make your way over to the left side by walking to the left on the wall.
You'll notice that you're able to walk right thru the staircase from the opposite direction when merged onto the wall. This could be the stairs missing collision on the opposite side. I assume that this is the case, because I do not see why there'd be merge collision that only prevent you to move from one of the directions, I can't think of anywhere in the game where this would be the case. So the staircase simply not having collision under it seems to be more logical?

I can't really think of anywhere in the game where it may be possible to replicate this.
It does however display that they may have skipped collision on locations where they don't intend you to be, even though it is possible to reach it without even performing any kind of glitches.

Edit2: Okey, It is most likely just the stairs lacking collision from below.
I just managed to use Tornado Rod thru a floor in Lorule Castle:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/clip_thru_floor_1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/albw/clip_thru_floor_2.jpg
I didn't move or anything between the 2 pictures, I only used the tornado rod once.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:43:43 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2013, 05:46:05 PM »

I think this has been pointed out three times now in this thread alone lol.
Rdy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »

You don't need to Merge against the flip walls in the Dark Palace to be moved along with them. As long as you're running against them it seems to usually push you onto the other side.

Additionally, there might(?) be a way to clip into walls with the flip walls by merging if you get kicked out by low meter. I had a weird thing happen to me at the Dark Palace Master Ore that I'm unable to recreate, so this is probably nothing?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »

You don't need to Merge against the flip walls in the Dark Palace to be moved along with them. As long as you're running against them it seems to usually push you onto the other side.

While we're at it, I should probably mention that it is possible to charge past the two switches in the northern room of 2F to get past the flip walls, as long as they're rotating in the correct direction.
You can charge up-right past the switch in the middle to get to the right side of the wall.
You can also charge down-right past the top left switch in the room to get to the middle of the room.
This makes it so that you wont have to use any items. I'm not really sure if this actually save any time, but it's something I guess.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »

Has anyone tried using merge storage to clip through things? A few days ago I tried it in Lorule Castle to see if I could figure out trials skip. You can store a merge on one side of the door, then go around to the other side and activate it. Sometimes it actually looks like Link gets stuck briefly behind the door before popping onto the wall on the other side. Probably useless, but it feels like there just might be something there.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:33 AM »

I mentioned it in irc much earlier today when cloud asked about it. If hitting a crystal switch results in both crystals in the top floor, northern room of the Dark Palace being activated, the walls will not rotate.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2013, 03:10:59 AM »

Edit2:
It's possible to skip opening the first Locked Door on 2F in House of Gales, giving you a spare key for 3F, making it possible to go straight for the boss when you reach that floor.
I still don't know of a consistent way of doing this, and I haven't been able to do it while recording at all.
Where you get the Big Key there are 4 armos. You can use the armos to get pushed to the upper ledge while using Tornado Rod, bypassing the locked door.

Has anyone found a consistent way of performing this glitch? It's enraging me to no end. Performing it with just 3-4 hearts is ridiculous, and getting it has been very inconsistent.

"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:06 AM »

Has anyone found a consistent way of performing this glitch? It's enraging me to no end. Performing it with just 3-4 hearts is ridiculous, and getting it has been very inconsistent.

it's mostly timing. Merge into the wall to set up for the position, try to get Link as close to the ledge as possible without being under it, and wait for the armos to get directly in front of you, then pop out and take a hit. then don't move. you'll want to tornado rod when the armos is at about the peak of its second hop after hitting you. takes some practice and it's very precise, but it can be done with some level of reliability. (also, the timing of when you pop out of the wall doesn't affect the glitch; the armos snaps back onto the ground after hitting you, so it won't change the hopping cycles)
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2013, 07:42:33 AM »

Hi, I don't have this game, but I was watching Zander run it and he accidentally did something similar to Collection Delay in OoT. When you pick up a key with a hookshot and mash A after he grabs it, Link will do a grabbing animation instead of holding the key over his head, delaying the CS. If you pick up a bomb during this time it can delay it even further, probably until you throw the bomb since Link's hands are busy. This would make sense since in OoT you can delay collection by holding a bomb over your head. Might be worth looking into, here's a link:

www.twitch.tv/zandergothsrl/b/484994986?t=369m30s

EDIT: also, forgive me if this is known.

EDIT: another example from the same run:
www.twitch.tv/zandergothsrl/c/3344546?t=118m50s
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:21:03 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: