ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:57:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234788 times)
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »

Up to. I playied about 5-6 hours yesterday; I suppose I should've mentioned that.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »

Well, at this point, NG+ shouldn't be decided. Since we are still breaking the game, all any% races should be Hero Mode. Once we get a more defined understanding of the game, a NG+ category can be made. If we call Hero Mode NG+, something could come along later and it would make things even more confusing. So as of now, there should be no NG+. Agreed?
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »

Well, it seems I've reached my first impasse. I assumed I'd have to stop before the Hero's song quest, since I skipped the sailcloth, but apparently nothing ever triggered the gate of time. So I'm told to hit the pillar with a skyward strike, but I can't really do that if it's not there. >_>  I believe Kazooie uploaded a video with it last week, but I didn't think it would be impassible.  So does this mean that we won't be able to skip the first imprisoned fight or is there some other trigger that I've neglected?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »

Yeah, Kazooie showed that in his video. You can still skip the Imprisoned, you just have to go into Sealed Temple and learn Ballad of the Goddess to raise the gate of time before you go do the Faron silent realm. The game doesn't stop you from leaving before fighting the Imprisoned.

Also I did a 5:56 SS run today using the new skip, so as long as you raise the Gate of Time I can vouch nothing else goes wrong and the game is still entirely finishable.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:52:15 AM by Paraxade » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2012, 07:10:36 AM »

grats on the sub 6

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2012, 07:13:09 AM »

All right, thanks Parax. So was a way to get into Owlan's room ever discovered so we could do the sailcloth skip without getting stuck?
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #336 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »

Nope, you have to get the sail cloth. But you can skip the race intro with BiT, so that saves like a min or two.

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »

Alright, so I found that thunderhead early works after beating skyview temple. I did however go back into the temple, then back out and then attempt it. I don't know if it will work right after the kikwi cutscene. Sorry if this was already mentioned.
pivotguyDC1
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:49 AM »

Quick update: Sailcloth is unnecessary, unless you want to save yourself some hearts after every large jump. You can travel up vents without any problems. Link just doesn't have a sailcloth to pull out during the animation.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2012, 05:17:17 AM »

pivotguyDC1: Not quite. Completing the Ceremony unlocks some of the doors inside the Academy. One of these locked rooms is the instructor that teaches you the spiral charge. So you still much complete the Ceremony (and thus get the sail) in order to learn the spiral charge and thus be able to progress. It's really silly reason, but that's how it is, unless we can find a new major skip to to skip the song of hero or Lavius. The item itself isn't required, but the task of obtaining it is.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »

pivotguyDC1: Not quite. Completing the Ceremony unlocks some of the doors inside the Academy. One of these locked rooms is the instructor that teaches you the spiral charge. So you still much complete the Ceremony (and thus get the sail) in order to learn the spiral charge and thus be able to progress. It's really silly reason, but that's how it is, unless we can find a new major skip to to skip the song of hero or Lavius. The item itself isn't required, but the task of obtaining it is.

Pretty confident that Lavius can be beaten with just arrows, it just takes a fuckton of time/arrows to do. If you can get into thunderhead without having to do the spiral charge training you could skip the sailcloth.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »

Heh heh, Lavius. Spiral charge itself is not required to beat the game, but the task of obtaining is required to progress the story (to get the pumpkin soup). You can use a bomb to skip the first phase of lavius, and then fight him with the sword (arrows optional) for the second phase. It's a shame how trigger based this game is, cause otherwise a lot of items/quests could be skipped.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2012, 11:08:29 PM »

Yeah, sailcloth skip seems impossible for now. No sailcloth = no Instructor = no spiral charge = no pumpkin soup = no lavius = no song of hero = no win. A way into that room would be helpful. Some other event would hopefully unlock the doors. The only thing I could think of is that playing in a blank game crap and then loading, which would load you into the original academy. If I recall correctly, that one has open doors. But that would be a pain and certainly not worth it.

Also, the doors don't unlock from the ceremony. Finishing the ceremony puts you into Academy 2, which has all the doors locked for the Fi sequence. Finishing Fi puts it into Academy 3. For some reason, skipping Academy 2 and finishing Fi causes the doors to remain locked instead of going to Academy 3.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

If you load a file and then trigger a loading zone during the fade-out, you spawn in the new map at the file's xyz coordinates (kinda the opposite of BiTwarp). I guess you could try to see if there's any place in the game you can save to spawn inside Owlan's room?
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »

There is one problem with that. Owlan's room is not loaded if you don't open the door. You can try this out with walk through walls cheat. Idk if bitwarp loads this room then somehow.

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: