ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234773 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »

I was thinking it might, similar to how it loads whatever dungeon room you spawn in.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »

I think someone has testing this some time back; xRedShifterx was it? I don't think he tested ever statue, since there's like 100. Also you might need to do this from the entering the academy, not the owlan's room. I could be wrong but I think someone told me that if you use cheat to go through the wall then owlan is still there. Which means that all the "rooms" in the academy are one big room in terms of loading and that the doors do nothing. I could be wrong though (it's been a while since anyone has attempted this) it should probably be confirmed.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

It's a long shot, but I wouldn't mind trying out all the statutes whenever I have time. I just need someone to explain what I need to do exactly.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:42 AM »

Just save somewhere, then do BiT, go to the door to Knight Academy, load your file, and open the KA door as the screen is fading out. You might need to open the door a little earlier than that, it'll prolly work if you open the door and load the file with the same A press.
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2012, 05:52:08 AM »

It doesn't seem like it's going to work. I noticed that the bazaar statue would spawn me somewhat close to the study room at the south end of the academy. So I tried all of the ones close to it using Kazooies maps. One statue in fire sanctuary spawned me halfway up the stairs, but that's the closest I ever got to even getting on the second floor. Makes me wonder if the second floor is even loaded. But anyway, the only maps I was able to use were the ones here on the site, so there may have been something I missed.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #350 on: April 26, 2012, 12:40:53 AM »

There is one problem with that. Owlan's room is not loaded if you don't open the door. You can try this out with walk through walls cheat. Idk if bitwarp loads this room then somehow.
This is true. I tested all the statues. As far as I know, no statues load you into any building. I haven't tested all, because it seems pointless. BitWarp, as you know, is xyz. None of the statues are close to 0x or 0y, or I would assume so. And I'm pretty sure the buildings are centered on a map. When I did BiTWarp with beds and doors and check the map, Link was not even on the map.
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #351 on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »

The second statue in Fire Sanctuary appears to be the closest we'll get. But the interesting thing about it is it seems to be able to spawn me with the second floor loaded, but it may just be because I'm close to the stairs. I did my best to try and spawn right between the walls, but I either get pushed into the stairs or out of bounds.

But hey, this is something I guess. Grin

Fladorius
Deku Scrub

« Reply #352 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:33 AM »

Alright, so I found that thunderhead early works after beating skyview temple. I did however go back into the temple, then back out and then attempt it. I don't know if it will work right after the kikwi cutscene. Sorry if this was already mentioned.

When I was doing a Harp run earlier, I save and quit on the prompt after getting the Ruby Tablet and when I did a BiTWarp to Upper Academy I also activated Thunderhead. I wasn't purposely trying to do it, but I load files really late on warping and when I was finished with Earth Temple I noticed Thunderhead was opened. Not exactly sure if opening Thunderhead at this point would help Any% though.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #353 on: April 30, 2012, 03:46:10 AM »

Thats known, its later than the current place for Early Thunderhead.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #354 on: May 04, 2012, 05:53:49 AM »

Three vids.

The first is well known small time saver leaving Skyloft. just made a vid for those who don't know about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOO8-S90pE

Already known, but if you save at a Deep Woods statue after visiting Skyview, then the thunder head cs will play if you select your file. Doesn't matter how late in the game.

Saving in most places after visiting skyview, if you examining a statue will cause thunderhead. For some reason it does work if you saved in Skyview, but it seems to work almost everywhere else. So using the save prompt after Skyview, you can activate thunderhead and save warp back to skyloft simultaneously. Faster than the current method by like 15 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYuc3C5_gtw

The last one is the crazy one. If you've pushed down the log near the waterfall in Faron Woods and you saved at a Deep Woods statue, both the gates will be open. Magic. Afaik, this seems to be the only things I could get to work in Faron. So just make this file with these conditions, and copy it over to File 3 and you'll be golden for the rest of the game. Note: If you make this file after you enter Skyview, it'll trigger the thunderhead CS automatically, which results in s soft-lock. So you have to make it before you enter the dungeon.

In order for this trick to be useful, you need to copy the file once you've met the criteria so that it's always available. After getting the slingshot, push the log, save in Deep Woods, and copy the file to File 3. A nice bonus of file 3 is that the game automatically loads it in BiT, so the gates are open by default. Takes like 50 seconds to make this file, but definitely worth the time saved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5adaPmxHpZ8

indykenobi
Deku Scrub

« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »

A couple notes on that third vid of TestRunner's:

- You can enter Skyview 0 and leave, save at the statue, and the file won't trigger the thunderhead cutscene in BiT.  So I think it's actually opening the Skyview Temple door that causes that to happen.

- What I do for any% runs is push that log down, and instead of visiting the Faron Entry statue, I visit the In the Woods statue to setup the fence version of Early Lake Floria (because I'm rubbish at the rope version).  So part of the 50 second cost of making the magic gate-opening file can also be used to make for a quicker setup for that trick, if you choose to use it.  In fact, that's how I noticed the upper academy gate was open in BiT; I did that setup, then saved outside Skyview Temple and copied to slot 3 so I could test some Early Thunderhead stuff.  Then next time I was in BiT, boom, the gate was open.  TestRunner was the one who figured out that it was pushing the log that made the UA gate open.  Which still makes no sense to me, but whatever.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »

yea, forgot to mention that skyview 0 does not trigger thunderhead. Not sure if it's the fact that the Door is open, the entering Skyview CS, the Fi text when you enter, or some variable that checks if you've entered Skyview 1 yet. This ofc has no effect on the open gates in bit.

Normally, the fence hop is about 10 seconds slower than the rope method (according to parax). With this new glitch, the fence hop is obviously faster, which obsoletes the annoying rope method. Your welcome =P (and yea, props to indy for showing me the glitch initially, and triforcebrawl for finding that first vid. )

kenshen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »

Considering the fact that skyview temple has a zero version of the map... Is it possible that the forest where the kikwis if i spelled that right also has a zero map? Considering how many versions of that map there are. you see I'm interested in exploiting this glitch for speed runs and beta stuff as well so just curious.  
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »

LOL BETA-QUEST!

Theoretically, yes. Most areas have multiple versions as you progress through the quest. Although I don't know you you'd get into other areas "early". And the conditions for "version_1" may be nothing in most areas, meaning that that there is no "version_0".

kenshen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure the trigger that loads Forest one is placing the tablet opening the hole in the clouds if we can glitch our way through the clouds before the tablet gets placed we'll get to forest 0 right?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:07:35 AM by kenshen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: