ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:47:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455186 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »

I dunno, I never pay attention to dowsing.
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #511 on: April 18, 2012, 01:58:19 PM »

Potions are not worth it, period. They take far too long to buy and upgrade, and there's not even any real point in it because they barely even help. You only visit the Bazaar once, to fix Scrapper, and you can't buy a potion then because you need both bottles to be empty for Fire Sanctuary water, so it would be a huge detour.

edit: also for the record, even if you already have bugs from hero mode, you can't upgrade potions without the bug net.

What do you mean you can't upgrade potions without the net? I was showing my friend Skyward Sword the other day (on hero mode) and the first thing I did when I got the first bottle was buy a health potion and upgrade it to show him the upgrade system.

But maybe when the net becomes available at Beedle's Shop, the guy tells you to buy it so you can upgrade potions. Possibly a bug in the code, because it shouldn't allow you to upgrade, then no longer allow it until a certain condition is met.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:22:18 PM by Matt23488 » Logged

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #512 on: April 18, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »

Hmm, that's weird. If that's the case, now I do wonder if upgrading potions is faster. But it sounds like you'd need to do it before you leave skyloft? Getting the extra silver rupee in Earth Temple + second visit to the bazaar + the large amount of text required to buy/upgrade potions. Also, you lose a lot of time since you only have one bottle open, when you need two for the Fire Sanctuary. So you'd need to make an extra trip to refill water, which would take at least 2 minutes. So my hunch is that the potion is still slower. It would need to save like 5 min, which is definitely does not.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Ruffbad
Deku Scrub

« Reply #513 on: April 18, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »

I was just wondering on the skyward sword page on the bit warp section. Are all those question marks untested bit warp's?
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #514 on: April 18, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

Err, no. I think those were all tested, but they just haven't been updated. I'll see if I can fix that up today.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #515 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »

Bleh, they just aren't recorded in text. All the warps have now been tested I suppose, thanks to Kazooie. Just use the pictures, they describe better than words.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #516 on: April 19, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »

Yeah all warps is now tested. You can see where each warp leads from pictures. If you testrunner don't have time upload bitwarp page I can also do it Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #517 on: April 19, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »

That would probably be for the best, I'm much busier than I'd like to be. Also I noticed that "Lanayru Caves" should be removed and "Boat Hangar" and "Skyloft" are missing their pictures. Many of the area names also needs to be corrected. Also the order of the statues in the pictures is different than the chart, so there should be a note made somewhere. I don't know if it's just me but when I load a pic the page goes blank and I have to go back. It's super inconvenient.

pivotguyDC1
« Reply #518 on: April 23, 2012, 05:49:06 AM »

What exactly is the fastest way to create a corrupt file? I forgot.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #519 on: April 23, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »

Load File 1 (main file). Save at the upper academy. Die at the killing post. Activate BiT. Copy File 1 over to File 2 during a cutscene which the map button is disabled. Delete File 2 and then quickly save over it while it is still being deleted. And your file should be corrupted. You'll use it twice in a run: once after saving your bird, and once in skyview temple. In an any% run, you'll do it a third time to activate early light tower.

pivotguyDC1
« Reply #520 on: April 23, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »

What exactly is the fastest way to create a corrupt file? I forgot.
Forgot Completely about the main page.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #521 on: April 24, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPbq-MK3Weg

yep
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #522 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »

This is one of those times where I wonder what the hell they were thinking when they coded the game.
The developers should've been aware that there's a delay between the spawning and cutscene trigger and solve this issue. I honestly have no idea how problems like these manage to make it to the release... It's just stupid.

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #523 on: April 24, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »

Damn, I should've known. It worked for the fi text after lmf, works the same way here. I wonder what other forced text/cs can be skipped this way.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #524 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

It works after every dungeon, so you can jump before the Skyview Kikwi text or the AC Water Dragon text, too. You can't skip either of those though afaik.

I'm not sure I like this new trick >.> On one hand, yay saving a minute... on the other hand, boo replacing a 100% consistent trick with a much harder one. Seems like it'll also make it so a segmented run can't use that save prompt. :/ The jump doesn't seem to work when you load from the save.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:09:43 PM by Paraxade » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: