ZSR Forums
September 21, 2024, 03:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% segmented run (goal of sub-1 hour)  (Read 62806 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »

ING, Grunz is timing TAS techniques. You have to time it as though speedrunner were actually doing it. Megaflip off stalchild into water and out for a HESS, shit like that. That's not happening in a 15 minute segment with a bunch of hard tricks already.

ZFG, post your rough timing, I want to see what your estimates look like compared to mine.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »

Ok now I realized I timed something wrong again in the silver scale route and it looks slowest again.  Here are my calculations, I'm sure I messed something up but it sure looks like silver scale is out

silver scale route

kokiri to zr - ?:??
to bean - 0:27
to zd - 0:45
to silver scale and to ruto bottle - 1:55
plant bean 0:20
giving letter to after cs - 1:23
leave zd - 0:23
zr to castle - 1:10

total - 6:23 + ?:?? (22?) - 6:45

kakariko - zr

kokiri to kakariko - 0:30
cucco collecting to exit kv - 2:25
to zr - 0:20
bean - 0:23
leave zr - 0:10
to lh - ?:??
plant bean - 0:25
to owl to castle - 1:10

total - 5:23 + ?:?? (1:00?) - 6:23

zr - kakariko

kokiri to zr - ?:??
to bean - 0:27
leave zr - 0:10
to kakariko - 0:20
cucco collecting to exit kv - 2:25
to lh - 0:56
plant bean - 0:25
to owl to castle - 1:10

total - 5:55 + ?:?? (25?) - 6:20

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 07:51:14 PM »

ING, Grunz is timing TAS techniques. You have to time it as though speedrunner were actually doing it. Megaflip off stalchild into water and out for a HESS, shit like that. That's not happening in a 15 minute segment with a bunch of hard tricks already.

ZFG, post your rough timing, I want to see what your estimates look like compared to mine.

no rg, grunz said that with tas techniques it would be nearly a minute faster. 30 seconds is without tas techniques. just go ask him yourself.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2010, 02:34:29 AM »

Then the question to ask is how much time do you lose because you have to wait for daylight?

Or, instead of all these theoretical questions, someone could take another groobotube type demo and do it and see.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2010, 03:17:13 AM »

Or, instead of all these theoretical questions, someone could take another groobotube type demo and do it and see.

sounds like a plan, rg. Smiley i would do that myself, but unfortunately my usb controller adapter is a piece of horse shit and doesn't work properly, so my only option would be to use a keyboard (which... i'm definitely not doing). hopefully someone else will do it and find out exactly how much time the bean route does save in the long run. Smiley

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2010, 07:18:47 PM »

sounds like a plan, rg. Smiley i would do that myself, but unfortunately my usb controller adapter is a piece of horse shit and doesn't work properly, so my only option would be to use a keyboard (which... i'm definitely not doing). hopefully someone else will do it and find out exactly how much time the bean route does save in the long run. Smiley

Ing do a TAS without slowdown or frame advance (unless to execute hard tricks), and save states. That's what groobo did I believe.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2010, 09:33:14 PM »

Ing do a TAS without slowdown or frame advance (unless to execute hard tricks), and save states. That's what groobo did I believe.

uh, what part of "i don't have a usb controller adapter that works properly" didn't you understand the first time <.<

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2010, 12:26:46 AM »

uh, what part of "i don't have a usb controller adapter that works properly" didn't you understand the first time <.<

TAS's don't use any type of controller, you use a TAS input plug-in that only uses the mouse. It's quite easy to use actually.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2010, 12:29:15 AM »

TAS's don't use any type of controller, you use a TAS input plug-in that only uses the mouse. It's quite easy to use actually.

but that plugin requires using frame advance...

Zero
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2010, 01:07:44 AM »

but that plugin requires using frame advance...
He said "do a TAS". Of course he wants you to use FA. >_>
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2010, 04:19:13 AM »

Ya man, just make it TAS but do it to the abilities of a console runner like me. Doesn't require a USB joystick. The point is just to get a good comparison.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »

BEAN ROUTE TEST RESULTS:
Part 1 (up to Ruto Bottle)
Part 2 (Zora's River vs Owl)
Part 3 (Market, buy shield, DoT)

Conclusion:

Segment 4's final time: 17:50
Total Time as a child: 19:54

VS

Current method: 19:56 (adding in after pocket cucco to hookshot save)

These both do not include time to get pocket cucco in segment 5, but that's the same anyway.

SO: Bean Route is 2 seconds quicker. Give it another 17 seconds for faster fisherman text and 10 seconds from not having to talk to scarecrows. That's 29 seconds faster.

BUT: Then it will lose 5 seconds twice from not being able to hookshot after pressure jump. It will also lose time going through Goron City the second time, which is a loss of 10 seconds. It will also be down 3 bombs (2 for extra megaflip and superslide, and another for the gerudo bridge megaflip). That's three less superslides, so taking my weakest 3 superslides that's about 2 + 4 + 3 = 9 seconds. That's -29 seconds.

So + 29 and - 29...or, in otherwords. THE TWO ROUTES ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL FOR A CONSOLE PLAYER!!!! So I will continue with my current run, because this segment 4 is crazy hard.

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »

good thing you don't have to restart.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2010, 10:05:12 PM »

hm, that doesn't quite sound right somehow. are you sure you did all that right? last i checked the total time as child should be around 19:39 if you take the owl route, so the bean route should still be ~15 seconds faster for a console player.

and how is talking to the owl actually faster? zfg timed both routes and it ended up being 10 seconds faster to go down zora's river. something seems very wrong here.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2010, 10:23:29 PM »

hm, that doesn't quite sound right somehow. are you sure you did all that right? last i checked the total time as child should be around 19:39 if you take the owl route, so the bean route should still be ~15 seconds faster for a console player.
If you don't believe it, then do it for yourself and see. Where are you even getting your 19:39? That's my old estimate lol. But I've done my test and there are no "estimates" here, it's all real testing. So I don't care what anyone says, they'd have to show a vid of it done faster for me to even look at this again.

and how is talking to the owl actually faster? zfg timed both routes and it ended up being 10 seconds faster to go down zora's river. something seems very wrong here.
It only seems wrong because it is a result you did not expect. Again, do it for yourself and see.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: