ZSR Forums
September 21, 2024, 05:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% segmented run (goal of sub-1 hour)  (Read 62891 times)
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 05:05:05 AM »

-If you do the pressure jump, not having hookshot to climb the ladder only wastes 2 seconds (maybe less)

That seems off... hookshotting the ladder correctly gets you right to the top and you actually don't even have to climb the ladder at all (RG did it wrong in his "meh seg 7"). At least 4-6 seconds difference I would think.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

That seems off... hookshotting the ladder correctly gets you right to the top and you actually don't even have to climb the ladder at all (RG did it wrong in his "meh seg 7"). At least 4-6 seconds difference I would think.

yeah i think it is 4 seconds then.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »

-Going through Goron City without the hookshot only wastes 6 seconds each time (not 10 like RG said)
I stand by 10 seconds after having just compared my "meh seg 7" vid to going through GC as Child Link in my old segment 12. It took 12 seconds from my explosion to exiting to get out with hookshot. It took Child Link 22 seconds. The difference here between child and adult is minimal, unless there is a ledge somewhere adult link can climb that I'm missing.

Climbing the ladder has already been determined to take longer than 2 seconds.

Good luck manipulating 2 bomb drops. I think you are really underestimating how long this takes and by saying "steal rod doesn't take that long". Yes, it does. It means you aren't even going to have a chance at the bomb drops until after 6 minutes of gameplay. I get a chance every 3 minutes and went about 4 hours and got 2 bomb drops twice.  And if you think, even with the 5 extra bomb drops, that you are going to hit 4 superslides (probably save one for gerudo valley segment) in a 14 minute segment after having the extreme luck manipulation you had...it's just not going to happen. If you miss one not only did you lose the time on the superslide, but the time it took to set up.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »

I stand by 10 seconds after having just compared my "meh seg 7" vid to going through GC as Child Link in my old segment 12. It took 12 seconds from my explosion to exiting to get out with hookshot. It took Child Link 22 seconds. The difference here between child and adult is minimal, unless there is a ledge somewhere adult link can climb that I'm missing.

Climbing the ladder has already been determined to take longer than 2 seconds.

Good luck manipulating 2 bomb drops. I think you are really underestimating how long this takes and by saying "steal rod doesn't take that long". Yes, it does. It means you aren't even going to have a chance at the bomb drops until after 6 minutes of gameplay. I get a chance every 3 minutes and went about 4 hours and got 2 bomb drops twice.  And if you think, even with the 5 extra bomb drops, that you are going to hit 4 superslides (probably save one for gerudo valley segment) in a 14 minute segment after having the extreme luck manipulation you had...it's just not going to happen. If you miss one not only did you lose the time on the superslide, but the time it took to set up.

well i never said it would be an easy segment. actually i just found out that you can manipulate 2 bomb drops from the second set of bushes alone, which takes away the 10 seconds lost by not having 3 bomb drops. it would be very hard, but it's possible.

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 05:42:44 PM »

well i never said it would be an easy segment. actually i just found out that you can manipulate 2 bomb drops from the second set of bushes alone, which takes away the 10 seconds lost by not having 3 bomb drops. it would be very hard, but it's possible.
Only if you are able to hit 5/5 with whatever you are using those bombs for in a 14 minute segment, along with the other 8 or so bombs you'd have to use in the segment as well. And that's even assuming you go for one bomb drop and then get 2 out of the bushes in LW, something that's probably < 1/100 chance of happening. It's not going to happen. "Very hard" doesn't begin to describe it.

The TAS of this game is also possible, there's a reason it's a TAS though.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »

Only if you are able to hit 5/5 with whatever you are using those bombs for in a 14 minute segment, along with the other 8 or so bombs you'd have to use in the segment as well. And that's even assuming you go for one bomb drop and then get 2 out of the bushes in LW, something that's probably < 1/100 chance of happening. It's not going to happen. "Very hard" doesn't begin to describe it.

The TAS of this game is also possible, there's a reason it's a TAS though.

yeah you have a point there - that whole segment would be basically luck-manipulation which would probably take weeks to do.

damn, why did nintendo have to make the vc version 1.2 instead of 1.0 D:

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »

yeah you have a point there - that whole segment would be basically luck-manipulation which would probably take weeks to do.

damn, why did nintendo have to make the vc version 1.2 instead of 1.0 D:

blame the muslims and the guys who complained about the red blood.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 01:10:43 AM »

ok, well i managed to get non-isg megaflip bridge skip on console the other day, so i did some calculations with the bean route on n64:

as it turns out, it's around 30 seconds faster to go down zora's river than to talk to the owl if you're getting gold scale. so after getting pocket cucco, we have (estimated):

19:09 for bean route
19:56 for hookshot route

so already bean route is about 47 seconds faster than hookshot method. now let's take into account the next seg:

it takes around 10 seconds to talk to the scarecrow, play the song twice, and watch the scarecrow coming out of the ground cutscene. this means that's 10 seconds of wasted time (since the game clock doesn't tick during those 10 seconds, so you can't use them to wait until dawn). take into account the 17 seconds saved from the faster fisherman text, and now we have 1 minute and 14 seconds advantage for the bean route.

only thing left is the lack of hookshot in goron city and lost woods. since megaflipping back onto the bridge, then going to kakariko through hyrule field is about the same as hookshotting through goron city, you would obviously do that to avoid wasting 10 seconds. so that means you only waste the 10 seconds in gc once (1 minute and 4 seconds for bean route over hookshot route).

now for the ladder. it wastes ~5 seconds to not have hookshot to climb the ladder, and that will happen twice. so that's another 10 seconds (54 seconds for bean route).

even though the non-isg megaflip bridge skip will have to be buffered even in a segmented run (believe me, it's hard enough already without having to jerk the control stick from down-left to down-right and press a both on the same frame, which is WAY harder than it sounds since it has to be JUST the right frame), it'll still be around the same speed as doing the hookshot method (maybe faster). so i'm gonna say bean route is around 50 seconds faster than hookshot route.

i'd still recommend rg to continue with his run (seriously, he's going through enough already with seg 7 and i'm sure he doesn't want to do that hellish seg 4), but this would be an interesting run for someone to tackle sometime in the future (i'm already making plans for it Cheesy)

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 05:57:35 AM »

as it turns out, it's around 30 seconds faster to go down zora's river than to talk to the owl if you're getting gold scale. so after getting pocket cucco, we have (estimated):
ING, dude, where are you getting this from? If you personally haven't tested it, then I just can't take your word for it.

Time it took from after King's text to right outside DoT (using Zora's River): 2:47 (I even fudged this down since it would be slightly faster than my mock run of it on a speedrun) assuming it's daylight and I collect 40 rupees on chains
Time it takes from after King's text (using owl): 3:03 also assuming daylight.

Don't know where the 30 seconds is coming from OR where the gold scale is coming from...I thought it was silver scale that was collected? Actually, you are definitely confusing something in this route...because:
take into account the 17 seconds saved from the faster fisherman text
Which only happens if you DON'T get the gold scale.

AND even if it does take off 30 seconds...you still have to plant the bean. On the way to the owl? No problem, it's a 5 second detour. From the ruto bottle? Quite a detour, it takes ~25 seconds to go out, plant it, and get back in the water.

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »

ING, dude, where are you getting this from? If you personally haven't tested it, then I just can't take your word for it.

Time it took from after King's text to right outside DoT (using Zora's River): 2:47 (I even fudged this down since it would be slightly faster than my mock run of it on a speedrun) assuming it's daylight and I collect 40 rupees on chains
Time it takes from after King's text (using owl): 3:03 also assuming daylight.

Don't know where the 30 seconds is coming from OR where the gold scale is coming from...I thought it was silver scale that was collected? Actually, you are definitely confusing something in this route...because:Which only happens if you DON'T get the gold scale.

AND even if it does take off 30 seconds...you still have to plant the bean. On the way to the owl? No problem, it's a 5 second detour. From the ruto bottle? Quite a detour, it takes ~25 seconds to go out, plant it, and get back in the water.

lol, you completely misunderstood my post XD

mrgrunz tested this, and said that if you get the silver scale (which you do in this route), it saves 30 seconds to go down the river compared to talking to the owl. if you get the gold scale (which you DON'T in this route), it only saves around 10 seconds.

edit: hm i guess i made a typo in my last post. i typed gold scale when i meant to type silver Tongue
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:53:22 PM by ING-X » Logged

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »

So when is the bean planted?

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »

So when is the bean planted?

right after getting ruto bottle.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2010, 02:39:13 AM »

Right, and that takes 25 seconds extra than it would from the owl way. Do you see what I mean or not?

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:04 AM »

Right, and that takes 25 seconds extra than it would from the owl way. Do you see what I mean or not?

hm, i think grunz took that into account when he timed the owl vs the river. i would ask him about it, he probably knows more than i do about this whole thing.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2010, 04:09:50 AM »

This is why I still believe cucco bottle with bean route is fastest.

nvm, I did some rough timing and silver scale route definitely looks fastest.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:28:53 AM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: