ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 11:01:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% segmented run (goal of sub-1 hour)  (Read 51766 times)
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »

Yeah, I backflip off from where the bombflower is and just backwalk to beat the boulder. I think when I tested a superslide there the slope right off the bat is too steep, and by the time you'd get off that slope then it's not really worth it, plus the boulder would be in the way a lot of the time I think.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »

I'm going to try streaming this again today. I tested it Wednesday and it seemed like the quality was at least watchable.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/oot-practice

It's not actually practice but I'm too lazy to change the name. I'll be recording segment 5.

I'm going to start in a few minutes, try and play for an hour or so (2 PM - 3 PM EST) and then maybe again from 6 PM - 8PM EST. If I get a successful segment I'll keep going and try segment 6 since it's easy.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »

segment 9 will be hell

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »

I think segment 7 is going to be the worst.

I completed segment 5 tonight but I don't know if I want to move on or try and improve it. The Dampe race was 49 and I want to get at least a 48 and even 47 is possible. Plus AKA and Acryte were teaming up to make the exit to hyrule field faster, so I'm not sure.

Maybe I'll upload it and see what kind of reaction it gets?

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 12:18:17 AM »

Maybe I'll upload it and see what kind of reaction it gets?
You'll just get the youtube suck-ups saying "omg awesome".  Set it to private so only we can see it and we'll judge.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »

if you have even a stitch of doubt, you should redo or you might regret it.

Besides, when you ease up on your criteria, you typically are more likely to allow worse upcoming segments.

imo

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

I improved it today by about half a second. Still a 49 on the Dampe race, but I just can't see me going much faster. Apart from maybe a half a second lose getting into the hylian shield grave, the segment is smooth.

Also, from what I found out yesterday...the segment 5 that had been done when I was streaming had lagged behind a bit on the RECORDING part several times during the segment. So for the future I'm probably not going to stream since it's not worth the risk of losing a great segment just from it jumping or lagging.

I'm going to put this one up on youtube and move on.

Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »

*stares at Runnerguys Signature*

What is this i don't even-

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 09:18:28 PM »

I'm sure you already tested this, but would it be faster to combine segments 3 and 4?

oh and i think found a little timesaver in ganon's castle for this run. I'll upload a vid tomorrow so you can see.

Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:43 PM »

I'm sure you already tested this, but would it be faster to combine segments 3 and 4?

It is alot slower to combine. We would have to listen to either Kaepora of go down ZD, through ZR, then to castle.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »

Yeah, it has been tested to be slower. Looking forward to the trick in Ganon's Castle though.

I updated the route again and added the segments in that I have now completed.

I'm actually not as bad as I thought as I was at the backwalk superslides, and I've figured out a good strategy for the first one from Hyrule to Lost Woods. The sloped hill levels out and there is about 3 backwalk steps that are level on it. I've got it timed so that that is where I roll into the bomb. It costs about a second since I wait a little bit to actually pull out the bomb, but it has seriously improved my success from next to nothing to about 1/3 on that trick already.

Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »

nevermind, it definately wouldn't save time, due to an oversight on my part >_>

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »

Hey guys,

If you are bored and want to try something out for me, check out this video.

Basically, I'm trying to get a position and angle where I can just sidehop and then mash the hookshot button, and end up right on the edge of the post and be able to get to the other side.

As you can see I got very close for the red dot to appear, but it's just not quite enough. I've tried adjusting my position a little and still couldn't find a spot, but it seems likely that it's possible. This would make this segment a lot easier, so even if it takes a few seconds like this did to align and get in the position, it's definitely worth it.

This is 2 segments away, so it won't apply for a while, but I figured I'd post it now if anyone wanted to try it.

Samoht
Deku Scrub

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 08:22:07 PM »

what was the timesaver in ganon's castle?
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 10:25:26 PM »

hmm, seems like the closest i can get is to latch on to the bridge but fall off using your method

Edit: hold on, it might actually work..

Edit2: Ok, i seemed to have made it using your method. It only shows from the hookshot aiming at the wall to the bridge skip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0FFO4gISOA
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 11:17:35 PM by icebreaker007 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: