ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 10:58:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segmented Any% Discussion  (Read 68567 times)
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2010, 10:59:58 AM »

The biggest obstacle is getting over the rock without wasting 30 seconds. Deku Stick through door one isn't hard at all. Through 2 doors is a pain to be honest.

I don't want to commit to doing that method if it's not faster though.

EDIT:

Actually I'd need to unlock the first door and then go back in so I can get the stick through. I don't think a Deku Stick can go through a locked door, so this way probably is slower.

There was a new way of getting a Deku Stick through a door (should work on all temple doors) that I saw in one of Razor's vids. I'll have to play around with that and see if I can get a stick through a locked door.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:08:22 AM by Phazon » Logged

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »

I thought all this Deku Stick through door routes ended up being pointless due to a rock locking the game because you can't finish goig out a certain door.

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »

No that was me going from the Chu Parry room through to the main room without blowing up the boulder. You never go through that door with the deku stick route.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Marcus
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »

New WT route:
-Play like normal untill the room where Makar usually get caught and use Klydestorm's new glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7jYujSUgM
-Leave Makar in the room and shot the cauldron in the next room
-Save
-Jump into cauldron
-Get small key
-Defeat miniboss
-Save
-Go to the room where you left Makar and then play like normal untill you get small key
-Save
-Make your way to the boss with Makar
-Jiano's boss key skip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4PHpPSiK4c&playnext_from=TL&videos=r_EhkRmvArw&feature=sub
-Molgera

Should be a little faster and in that case the fastest right now, right?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:55:08 PM by Marcus » Logged
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »

Keep in mind every time you savewarp you have to recall Tingle. If the savewarps save approximately 10 seconds combined, then it is worth it to do it SS. Furthermore, it would probably be best to do the Tingle balloon trick in the first room, since you already need to call Tingle to save Makar anyways.

ded
Marcus
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »

Keep in mind every time you savewarp you have to recall Tingle. If the savewarps save approximately 10 seconds combined, then it is worth it to do it SS. Furthermore, it would probably be best to do the Tingle balloon trick in the first room, since you already need to call Tingle to save Makar anyways.
Saving after shooting the cauldron saves running across the whole room, then next room with the WGA stone and the wind room. If you savewarp you just have to walk to the cauldron. This must save a minute or so.

Saving after the miniboss saves using the hookshot, hammer the switch and then exit the room. It also saves hookshoting all the way up. Starting from the beginning untill you get to the room where Makar usually get caught must be 10 seconds faster atleast.

I don't think that saving after the small key saves any time but it makes getting to the boss and doing the boss perfect ALOT easier.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »

For what its worth, you can go back to the small key room after getting the hookshot, and get warped back up top with a floormaster warp. Even with Tingle delays, I don't think its faster, but it will be close...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: