ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:03:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Segmented Any% Discussion  (Read 68549 times)
MarcusSDA
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »

I've tried almost a total of 5 hours now and it's still not done.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 02:30:20 AM »

I've racked up over 25 hours on segments in my run. I've heard as much as 100. Honestly, a lot of effort is often needed to speedrun. Five hours shouldn't be the level that discourages you and if it is...then maybe quitting before you get too far in isn't a bad idea.

ded
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:45 AM »

Agreed that 5 hours shouldn't be discouraging or making you feel like you want to quit...You don't even want to know how many hours I've put into my last segment. 

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
MarcusSDA
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »

I haven't quitted but sometimes I fail because only 2 of 3 slashes hit the Bokoblins and that's so fucking annoying. That's the worst to fail at. Sometimes when I throw sticks on the wood walls they hit at the sides and the wood doesn't get burned. That's also very annoying.
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2010, 11:31:30 PM »

How about this for DRC seg 1?

- Block puzzle
- Quickspin and grab stick
- Light both torches WITHOUT throwing
- Take stick through door
- Drop stick and roll over boulder
- Use bombs to remove boulder
- Take stick through next door
- Light stick and burn through to small key
- Save-warp

I haven't timed this method and it'd take a lot of optimisation for the boulder skip to happen quickly. I'm trying to incorporate the stick through door glitch into the route right now and this was my first idea. You skip quite a lot of stuff, but in return you can't roll as often and you have to find a way to get over that boulder quickly. I'll also point out that, while the Deku stick trick is easy to do, in a speedrun it could get annoying trying to do it quickly; not to mention twice in one segment.

EDIT:

Wait. I don't know if a stick will even go through a locked door. It should provided it bounces at least 3 times (which is usually does).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:42:25 PM by Phazon » Logged

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2010, 05:52:49 AM »

Well if not, unlock and then re-enter and grab another stick. it'd still be faster than taking the normal route

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2010, 06:44:51 AM »

Vid of stick trick?

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »

I was never able to get a stick though the first door with the bobokins, but yeah its been done on some other door once. It had conveniently placed torches nearby to get useful angles. ALso the stick carry trick in question was found by kriby a while ago, I'm pretty sure the video is lost...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »

You used a torch to get it through? I've been using the door frame, which you think would be consistent with all doors, but nope. At least it'll be less situational though. I'm recording it now ZFG; it was too late last night and my DVD-recorder was overheated so it wouldn't initialize a disc anyway. I never got a stick through a locked door, but I actually got the stick OoB in the door and it just vanished instantly a couple of times. I got pretty close to getting it through too. I think it's possible on certain doors.

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »

I've got a question. Why do you get the wallet upgrade on Outset when you get the chart instead of when you go to see Jabun. I mean you go in Beedle's shop just as an excuse to get off the screen, which you don't need when you get the chart. It just seems like a bad idea to miss the expansion the first time you go back to Outset.

EDIT:

Alternatively, if I can find an extra 10 rupees before that point I can go to Beedle's shop and buy the bait bag and a pear. That seems like a better choice.

EDIT:

After paying Tingle with the current route, you have 8 rupees left and if you get 10 to get bait bag and pear quicker then an extra 2 during idle time in segment 3 would mean you can skip a red rupee somewhere in the route. That could break even in time if you get a yellow somewhere, but if you get the bait bag quicker then this way is faster. The only red I can think of is the one between WFI and DRI.

EDIT:

Are the rupees in Savage Labyrinth random? The route says you should get 700 rupees, but I just went through the first 30 floors and gained 609 rupees. I hope I'm missing something here x_X.

EDIT:

You don't get 250 rupees on the Cabana, you get 152 >_>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:38:03 PM by Phazon » Logged

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »

I've always gotten the first wallet asap, and you should too. Theres too many places with rupees you can pick up, to wait until later. I don't know about everyone else, but I get the Bait Bag and pears when I go pick up Maker for WT, its right there, after you warp...

Theres not much point in counting even tens of rupees in most segmented routes, who knows what spoils you will get as you play the game.

SL rupees should be set in stone, last I checked? Do you just mean the pots you grapple at the Cabana? I forget what pots are at the chart...

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 09:28:38 AM »

I tested the route and worked out that you save roughly 15 seconds by getting a yellow rupee early and buying the Bait bag and Pear when you go to see Jabun.

The Cabana rupees was just me being stupid and not noticing the extra 2 pots above the fireplace. Still there's almost 100 rupees less than the route says in Savage Labyrinth. Also I get the rupee upgrade at the same point in your route, I'm not talking about changing that.

I got sidetracked when I was doing the rupee route, with Ghost Ship information and finding that wrong warp.

MarcusSDA
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »

I have tried segment 14 again today. Since when was that part of the game so FUCKING hard?!?!? It wasn't even 1/10 of this difficulty for me in 2008.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:40:47 AM by MarcusSDA » Logged
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »

Huzzah. I should be getting a new DVD-recorder soon. Then I can finally continue with my run. Right now I'm not sure whether to redo segment 3.

^Also that old post about Hyoi Pear, I realise now, is stupid.

EDIT:

Something else I'm considering is whether or not to do the impossibly hard method for the first DRC segment. How much faster will it actually be?

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2010, 07:32:16 AM »

What super hard method? That deku sticks through doors route? Not happening...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: