ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 11:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 930175 times)
Entanjir
Deku Scrub

« Reply #810 on: June 02, 2014, 08:12:33 AM »

Hello everyone.

Recently I have been practicing Ocarina of Time Any% runs, and I'm having a strange problem with Void Warp. I run down the tower and I get the setup off of Zelda and I clip through the wall. After I clip and hit the loading zone I hold right on the joystick. When I respawn in the void, Link is not facing the proper direction. I have watched a lot of videos on void warp and they all are facing 90 degrees from the inbounds/stairs and the stairs are on the right hand side of Link, so when they hold right, the stairs are right in front of them, and then they jumpslash and hold forward. This does not happen for me. I hold right and nothing changes. Links back is facing the stairs and at this point I'm pretty much facing 180 degrees from the stairs and I cannot jumpslash inbounds from this position. I don't know why this is happening, does this happen to other runners? I have gotten it only once where Link is actually facing the proper direction, I thought I solved my problem, but nope. If someone could please give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using a classic controller on VC.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #811 on: June 02, 2014, 04:21:29 PM »

Link only appears in the right position if you do the wrong warp after the Ganondorf death cutscene. If you die to keep practicing or whatever you'll be in the wrong position. There might be some other things going on though; a video would help Smiley

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Entanjir
Deku Scrub

« Reply #812 on: June 02, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »

Link only appears in the right position if you do the wrong warp after the Ganondorf death cutscene. If you die to keep practicing or whatever you'll be in the wrong position. There might be some other things going on though; a video would help Smiley

Oh my gosh, thank you sooo much. That makes so much sense. I have been practicing it, and I would get game overs before clipping for the first time. Thanks again!
Zargaroc
Regular Guay

« Reply #813 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »

If someone want to have a great tutorial for the Void warp, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqvvAGrKkoM NOTE: before try it on VC or any other console (My opinion is that VC have the best controllers, i talk about classic controller and GCN controller) you should practice it on PJ 64 1.7 with a gamecube controller adapter.
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #814 on: June 21, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »

Hello all,

Recentl I've been run ing all dungeons.first I practiced the route on emulator 1.0 and I had no problem with deku  ww to bongo room. On VC I beat forest temple play minuet grab mushroom head to deku. I kill ghoma dupe over odd mushroom and do the JP setup. Z and right to the wall targetwhere you'd usuall do ghoma clip and z+r+b (vertical slash x2) crouchstab sidehop left jumpslash c up until timer runs and release everything until the timer runs.

Problem is I keep getting warped back toghomas room.

If anyone has any idea what I am now doing wrong that would be great. 1080 hasn't been giving me much trouble but deku to bongo keeps failing on VC,.

If anyon has any suggestions id appreciate it.

Edit: well I got home from work at it the wrong warp was successful first try. Still not sure what I did differently
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:43:16 AM by geraggh34 » Logged
Beelzedan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #815 on: July 03, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »

Hi all,

I'm attempting the swordless Mido skip using the 3 x side jump, backflip, 2 side jumps ect ect setup.

I watched a video where it was stated that the "sweet spot" for clipping on PJ64 is very fine due to the sensitivity of the controller or some such. How many people are able to do this trick on PJ64?

I think i am doing the setup correctly, judging from a comparison between a tutorial and my attempts at the moment just before pausing for the shield equip .After doing my setup and pausing i have tried save slotting and rotating the joystick slightly after each failed attempt... even then i am yet to clip through even once.

Does any one have any suggestions, i have spent a lot of time on YT searching for tutorials on this but nothing has yet solved my issue.

Is the holding up and right for the clip a full hold or subtle like when doing a WESS?

Many thanks! 
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #816 on: July 03, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »

As far as I know, the mido skip setup wont work on VC because of the diagonals or something (you get a different angle on gamecube than classic, and neither work). You need to hold up-right fully as you do the first jumpslash. However, the angle works fine on PJ64, even with a gamecube controller (that's what i use for emu).

Make sure you wait for about half a second or so for the camera to move before doing the last sidehop. If you do it too fast the angle becomes inconsistent and it doesn't work. Keep holding up-right until you exit the waterbox, and on the right frame, jumpslash and hold Z and left all at about the same time. If you don't have the sword, you have to press the stick button twice to jumpslash I think, so it's a little harder.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:22:54 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #817 on: July 06, 2014, 11:49:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of troubles perfomind the dot skip, but just the clipping part for the moment. Most of the time it looks like I'm gonna clip through but then I just come back in bounds on the wrong side of the door of time

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've been trying a lot of times but Ive only clipped through a few times and performed it completly once :s
When I look at videos on the internet, it even looks like it's hard fr them not make it

I tried different angles for my joystick during the roll and during the sidehop but I still can't do it consistently

Also I have a few questions: first, is the backflip before the roll and the sidehop necessary ? I don't really see what it's used for
Do you have to hold left after the sidehop ? I thought that was my problem but it didn't change anything...
And finally is it better to change the deadzone/range if playing on emulator ? I also have the game on my wii but it's in french so it's PAL so I uselly run this game on emulator (but I also tried this glitch on my vc and I don't manage to get it more successfully)

Thank you Smiley
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #818 on: July 07, 2014, 04:01:16 AM »

Hold slightly down-left (more down than left) for the roll, and straight down-left for the sidehop. If you still don't clip, then your angle is wrong. I highly recommend this setup to get the angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fO5kh2Jnpw It's fast, usually consistent, and it works for swordless too. After you clip, holding left is important to make sure the jumpslash makes it inside the door. Backflipping before the roll is just to make sure you're in the corner I think.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:07:06 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #819 on: July 07, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »

Backflipping before the roll is just to make sure you're in the corner I think.

That, and it also makes the roll less precise to clip in so you have a better chance to get it iirc
Beelzedan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #820 on: July 07, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »

As far as I know, the mido skip setup wont work on VC because of the diagonals or something (you get a different angle on gamecube than classic, and neither work). You need to hold up-right fully as you do the first jumpslash. However, the angle works fine on PJ64, even with a gamecube controller (that's what i use for emu).

Make sure you wait for about half a second or so for the camera to move before doing the last sidehop. If you do it too fast the angle becomes inconsistent and it doesn't work. Keep holding up-right until you exit the waterbox, and on the right frame, jumpslash and hold Z and left all at about the same time. If you don't have the sword, you have to press the stick button twice to jumpslash I think, so it's a little harder.

Many thanks for this. Although it was not the problem i really appreciate the attempted assistance. Also letting me know PJ64 was ok spurred me on to keep trying. What i was actually doing...was being a Muppet. I had assumed after you unpause you should be holding Z for some reason. Once i stopped doing this it worked.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:56:29 AM by Beelzedan » Logged
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #821 on: July 08, 2014, 01:09:22 PM »

Ok well after hundreds of tries, I can finally get it in a decent time, like once every 5-6 tries
Thanks for your help Wink
chasetopher
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #822 on: July 08, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of troubles perfomind the dot skip, but just the clipping part for the moment. Most of the time it looks like I'm gonna clip through but then I just come back in bounds on the wrong side of the door of time

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've been trying a lot of times but Ive only clipped through a few times and performed it completly once :s
When I look at videos on the internet, it even looks like it's hard fr them not make it

I tried different angles for my joystick during the roll and during the sidehop but I still can't do it consistently

Also I have a few questions: first, is the backflip before the roll and the sidehop necessary ? I don't really see what it's used for
Do you have to hold left after the sidehop ? I thought that was my problem but it didn't change anything...
And finally is it better to change the deadzone/range if playing on emulator ? I also have the game on my wii but it's in french so it's PAL so I uselly run this game on emulator (but I also tried this glitch on my vc and I don't manage to get it more successfully)

Thank you Smiley

If you're getting the clip but then getting pushed back out when you try to jumpslash, the problem could be that you're not holding left enough after the sidehop. You want to be holding down+left for the sidehop, but as soon as you do, you want to change the direction to more left. I believe this helps you get just a little bit farther through the door so that when you jumpslash you will end up on the other side. Hope this helps.
Beelzedan
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #823 on: July 11, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »

Me again Sad

Current Mido skip issue: Clip into bounds with mido stuck circling round me.

Is this caused by getting the release of Z on the wrong frame or have i got something else in the skip wrong.

Cheers!!
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #824 on: July 11, 2014, 09:15:52 PM »

Me again Sad

Current Mido skip issue: Clip into bounds with mido stuck circling round me.

Is this caused by getting the release of Z on the wrong frame or have i got something else in the skip wrong.

Cheers!!

It could be caused by a number of things. Assuming you did everything right up to that point, it just means you released Z one frame too late. There is a 2-frame window to release Z and still make it past Mido. If you are one frame later, you end up in his circle.

It could also mean your angle is wrong, but assuming you held up-right as you did the first jumpslash, and waited before the last sidehop, you should be okay. Just because you clip doesn't mean the angle will be right for the setup in the water.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: