ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:00:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1251162 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »

New damage boosting technique - hold a chu, stand a bit away from the edge, run off the edge when it starts rapid flashing and mash B in the air.  Uses so far:

Shadow early no shield http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8ojjEjpww

Talon Skip damage boost method 100% no buffer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDUU2EctfU

You can use this for distance too, like damage boosting in jabu to the blue switch, by running off the edge slightly earlier.  I haven't been able to do this kind of damage boost with a bomb yet.

Also, I find this kind of damage boosting to be much easier than the old R + B method, and I think in some cases it goes slightly farther.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »

Okay guys, time for some jabu jabu early theories as adult. I have tried it some off and it might work with right angle and more precision angle. I will make video of this if I get it to work. I can't do it now or even take pictures because I'm not at home right now. I'll test this even more when I get home.

So basically when you come to iceberg from normal side. So from side where you enter to jabu jabu. Then in jabu pedestal and where iceberg start go right! There is great acute angle what comes from iceberg and jabu pedestal. I'm pretty sure we can clip some how in here and make link head to touch load point same time when he goes trough of ice. So my first idea was somehow to hoverslide to the acute angle and clip trough and make link head touch load point. Only problem here is hover boots hover doesn't stay that long if you hammer hoverslide there from near surface there.

Second idea was do bomb hover near of that acute angle and then megalip with chus to acute angle and go trough that way. So basically just backflip with right time with bomb from iceberg. Do backflip that way that jabu pedestal pillar stop your backflip and you will get yourself near water level. I have tried it when link boots are halfway in on water. Then use chus Z-target and turn around and aling yourself along with pillar or whatever you want. Then just right time make chu run to side of pillar and when it explode make megalfip. I have got it to work few times but still link haven't go trough of that corner. I don't know if this is possible but it still sounds promising I think. If I can think way get to the jabu as adult it should be this one.

So go try it and see yourself if you can get it to work. I hope this will turn out great!

I will take pictures or make video later if I can get it to work.

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2010, 08:32:55 PM »

Okay guys, time for some jabu jabu early theories as adult. I have tried it some off and it might work with right angle and more precision angle. I will make video of this if I get it to work. I can't do it now or even take pictures because I'm not at home right now. I'll test this even more when I get home.

So basically when you come to iceberg from normal side. So from side where you enter to jabu jabu. Then in jabu pedestal and where iceberg start go right! There is great acute angle what comes from iceberg and jabu pedestal. I'm pretty sure we can clip some how in here and make link head to touch load point same time when he goes trough of ice. So my first idea was somehow to hoverslide to the acute angle and clip trough and make link head touch load point. Only problem here is hover boots hover doesn't stay that long if you hammer hoverslide there from near surface there.

Second idea was do bomb hover near of that acute angle and then megalip with chus to acute angle and go trough that way. So basically just backflip with right time with bomb from iceberg. Do backflip that way that jabu pedestal pillar stop your backflip and you will get yourself near water level. I have tried it when link boots are halfway in on water. Then use chus Z-target and turn around and aling yourself along with pillar or whatever you want. Then just right time make chu run to side of pillar and when it explode make megalfip. I have got it to work few times but still link haven't go trough of that corner. I don't know if this is possible but it still sounds promising I think. If I can think way get to the jabu as adult it should be this one.

So go try it and see yourself if you can get it to work. I hope this will turn out great!

I will take pictures or make video later if I can get it to work.

I tried a bit of your first idea myself (hoverboots + biggy sword clip into that corner) but couldn't manage it.

Jiano told me that you can clip into the iceberg by megasidehopping into the right-side corner of the isceberg from the hill, so your second idea should work I think.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2010, 01:54:13 AM »

I need help learning to bomb hover. Now i recently beat mm, learning nearly all the tricks, so i almost perfected all 3 normal bomb hover methods in mm(besides chu hover against a wall). But i cant hover in oot. I have trieusing the page but it doesnt work. Could somebody help explain the differences between bomb/chu hovering in oot/64 as that would help me learn to hover.

Thanks

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »

I need help learning to bomb hover. Now i recently beat mm, learning nearly all the tricks, so i almost perfected all 3 normal bomb hover methods in mm(besides chu hover against a wall). But i cant hover in oot. I have trieusing the page but it doesnt work. Could somebody help explain the differences between bomb/chu hovering in oot/64 as that would help me learn to hover.

Thanks

Wrong Thread.

Next time post that here: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=26.msg7198#msg7198

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »

I tried a bit of your first idea myself (hoverboots + biggy sword clip into that corner) but couldn't manage it.

Jiano told me that you can clip into the iceberg by megasidehopping into the right-side corner of the isceberg from the hill, so your second idea should work I think.

I have also tried it but didn't get it to work either. I also tried that mega sidehop thing but my angle was wrong for sure because link didn't clip in the iceberg. I'll try this more tonight and I'm pretty sure this will work out!

EDIT:
It's been finally done!!! I got this to work with mega sidehop! Now jabu as adult is indeed possible without cheats! I will make video later when I get this down on console!

Here is picture what angle I use:

From here when I get chu out I'll walk straight up a little bit and then shield drop chu along pillar. When I have released it then just let analog stick go and then roll on right time and perform mega sidehop to left! It you go right you will be pushed trough ice and with backflip you will be pushed up. I got to this position with bomb hover along to pillar. It's easy get to the this spot.

Anyway I will make video of this later when I can do this on console.

Use this spot to drop bombchu along with pillar. Then just roll when analog stick is free and link have returned to normal position like in picture above.

This is should look like when link is about to touch loading zone

EDIT:
I think it also possible to beat this dungeon with boomerang on B button as adult and also this add more complete stuff to max adult challenge! What is great challenge btw and everyone should try it out!

EDIT:
You can beat barinade boomerang on B button and then for last phase use jars on room to damage him. That is all what you need to kill him. on last hit you may use your sword. So finally all three child dungeons can be beaten as a adult! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:02:04 PM by Kazooie » Logged

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »

Awesome, now all we need is to find some wacky ass way to talk to Impa as adult for zelda's lullaby and max% adult is gg Tongue

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2010, 02:20:03 AM »

kazooie = god

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2010, 02:41:26 AM »

Awesome Kazooie. I KNEW this could be done.

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »

Can't wait for a vid of it Kazooie! Grin
Also. Don't think it's new, but you can clip through the latters in DC to get OoB. It's basically the same thing as in ZD. Worthless for now. I don't think it really needs a vid, but tell me if it does.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Captain Failcon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »

Found a way to skip Mido and go to Deku Tree without a shield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FHOAZblHg
Useless because you need shield for 2 3 1 room Sad

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2010, 01:34:24 AM »

Found a way to skip Mido and go to Deku Tree without a shield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FHOAZblHg
Useless because you need shield for 2 3 1 room Sad
Wow, nice.  I've tried getting that OoB with a jumpslash recoil before but it never worked.  Cool trick.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »

Jabu Jabu as adult!

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7jKLV0MqU

Description:
So I discovered this little neat trick what lets you enter to jabu jabu as adult link. And finally I got video of it! I spent more than 8 hours to trying figure out how to make it work well and where to use pause buffer and I used tons of different strategies. So here is what I have got so far! First bomb timing is hard to time correctly and there is maybe way to pause buffer chu hover there but I tried it alot and didn't come up with any good way to do it. Problem is that link needs to hover very low compared to the ledge where you start hover.  Last part of this video is good I think. This was best strategy what I came up with I think. With practice you can get this with very good change to get there. I highly recommend to use emu for practice and you know what I mean. Use save states! And I highly recommend to practice pause buffer chu megaflip before attempting this one.

Here is step by step instruction how to do it:
1:First active ISG when you come up from water! I recommend to save on ice cavern and then jump to the water from there. You need to keep camera close to link or else last part will be very hard! When you come to land with ISG on use Z target to keep camera close to link. You will notice if you camera is far away from link when it will go trough of that pillar and it have different effects than on video.

2: Keep Z targeting while moving and then aim yourself on little corner that come from iceberg edge and from little rail from jabu pedestal. You can just walk there and link should not move any more forward. So you are on corretc spot then.

3: Then use C-up to aim left side of your B button with pillar textures. Watch it from video! Use that black texture to line left side of B button to it

4: When you have lined up keep your Z target pushed down and then press A example to come out of that view. Then just turn around 180 degrees and backwalk little bit to make sure you are on edge of the iceberg.

5: Then perform little roll forward without pressing controls stick at all! Link will always do same distance roll when you do it this way.

6: Then bring out bomb and shield drop bomb and then do backflip immediately after dropping it. Practice timing from video or with emu.

7: Link should now stay on air near water level if you timed it correctly. NOTE: LINK BOOTS NEED TO UNDER WATER TO GET THIS TO WORK!!! If you are little bit more up than this it will not work!!!you can check it when camera will fall back little bit after you have used hookshot view and roll.

8: Now let chu run at wall and X target it and now after it turn about 180 degrees and aling yourself along with pillar. If you have right position link should automatically aling himself with pillar if all is done correctly.

9: Now let another chu run at wall and release it immediately after taking it out. Then keep targeting it all to way when it explodes and do not let go of Z before it have exploded. Now you should have right camera angle.

10: Now wait for camera to under water. In this spot if you have camera too far away from link. camera will go other side of iceberg and you cannot see anything! So remember to keep camera close to link before doing this! If you cannot get it there anymore press reset or come from ice cavern again and swim to iceberg and active ISG and then just use Z target to keep camera close of link.

11: When camera have stopped. Press control stick little bit left and only left to make sideroll, not sidehop. If you do sidehop you pressed way too much! Only press that much when link will make little move and stop breathing animation. I show it to you in video.

12: Bring out chu and calculate it to 7 flash. After seventh flash pause buffer three frames forward and you should have same color chu than on video. I skipped one frame from it on video.

13: On 7,3/5 flash release chu with shield and continue to use pause buffer after that. Still keep that control stick on that position what I mentioned above. of course you can place stick on it's place now too if you want.

14: From this point calculate about 8 frames about chu running at wall. It's easiest to calculate when chu is on leftmost corner of pillar (green navi arrow keep looking that) After it calculate three frames when chu is running other side of the pillar. Green arrow should touch screen down frame little bit like in video.

15: On that point perform sideroll and do all stuff what you need to do to make normal chu megaflip. Remember to keep your shield up all the time when doing sideways roll. When link is about to taking out his shield and he is on limbo mode unpause game and press R, Z, A and place control stick to down left corner to perform megasidehop. If all went correctly you should not take damage from chu and you should get inside of jabu jabu as adult.

If you take damage you should make sidehop frame earlier or you did something else wrong. if you just sidehop and hover more you did it too early. It needs to be frame perfect!

I hope this will turn out great glitch and I'm very happy to finding something so cool like this! I'm proud of myself and for that too when I got this shit on video!!! It was pain in the ass! You can beat barinade on boomerang on B button with BA or and use jars on that room to damage last phase of barinade or use megaton hammer ISG to damage him. You need to active ISG from hammer before swinging it or else it doesn't work. There is videos on youtube about this. There is maybe better way to do this on future!

Have fun!!! Also we now have more stuff to do in Max% adult challenge! ^_^

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

kazooie i love you

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »

So is the boomerang really necessary to beat the boss or could something of adault link work too? Like fire/ice arrows or hookshot.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:10:55 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: