ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:52:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 923651 times)
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »

so i decided that i would try to beat the game with out learning any songs... i have completed the child portion and was about to start to try the DoT skip when i realized that not having magic makes using light arrows difficult. does anyone know a way to do get magic without zelda's lullaby? RBA wont work because i still learned the song. I got all three stones and completed the child portion of the spirit temple. also i got the gold scale early. if it is possible to kill gannondorf without the light arrow that would work to but i dont think that any way to do that exists
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »

It is impossible to beat OoT without Zelda's Lullaby, because it is the only way to get Magic for Light Arrows. The other songs are all easily skippable, even if you want to beat all dungeons (exception: you can't beat Forest Temple without learning the Minuet...so just do Shadow/Spirit skipping Forest/Fire/Water).

ded
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2010, 04:23:48 AM »

ok thats what i was afraid of. thanks.
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2010, 02:02:43 AM »

is there any trick to pause buffering? i can do it but it seems like i get either a ton of pauses per frame or i get a ton of frames per pause. any help would be greatly appreciated
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »

is there any trick to pause buffering? i can do it but it seems like i get either a ton of pauses per frame or i get a ton of frames per pause. any help would be greatly appreciated

Just takes practice to get the timing down. You basically want to push pause right as the previous pause ends. So just learn how long pauses are and you'll get it. Also keep in mind you just need to press pause once to advance a frame, do not repidedly mash pause.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:20:28 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2010, 04:00:31 AM »

You should also note that the length of a pause is different in every area.  It makes it quite a bit more difficult, but after a while you can get a feel for it.  Don't give up, you'll get it eventually.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Thegargoylevine
Deku Scrub

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2010, 04:52:50 PM »

I can't superslide hover across the Silver Gauntlet ledge to the Mirror Shield ledge, and when I end it with a back-flip, Link either doesn't respond or I go OoB.  Any tips?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 05:05:31 PM »

I can't superslide hover across the Silver Gauntlet ledge to the Mirror Shield ledge, and when I end it with a back-flip, Link either doesn't respond or I go OoB.  Any tips?
You can't backflip there because you're above a slippery slope which prevents backflips/sidehops, so instead use a jumpslash at the end of hover boots to gain that extra bit of distance.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Thegargoylevine
Deku Scrub

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2010, 02:52:50 PM »

You can't backflip there because you're above a slippery slope which prevents backflips/sidehops, so instead use a jumpslash at the end of hover boots to gain that extra bit of distance.

Thanks, I got up to the ledge after 20 something times.

I also hovered up to the Zora Sapphire in the Big Octo room.  You can't pick it up, if anybody's wondering.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »

Thanks, I got up to the ledge after 20 something times.

I also hovered up to the Zora Sapphire in the Big Octo room.  You can't pick it up, if anybody's wondering.

I had that idea yesterday actually lol, just to see what would happen. Nice to know.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »

how can I make the camera stays on the 'side' off link with Z-target? I saw some bomb staircase vids, and people often makes this Z-target trick to see both bombs in a perfect angle

Tongue
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2010, 01:23:40 AM »

how can I make the camera stays on the 'side' off link with Z-target? I saw some bomb staircase vids, and people often makes this Z-target trick to see both bombs in a perfect angle
Press Z, quickly move the control stick to a different direction than you are facing, let of of Z and press Z again, all very quickly.  The timing is a bit precise so it might take a few tries.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2010, 10:58:30 AM »

um, I get a diagonal camera instead of a side camera. I need to try more. thanks

Tongue
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2010, 01:00:14 AM »

i need help on three glitches, the pokey escape, the vine clip in deku tree, and the door of time skip. out of those the dot skip is the only one i have not achieved, but i want to increase my success rate on the first 2 (both seem to be at below 10%).

1) deku tree vine clip

i know that your supposed to go 15 rungs above the skullata, but my question lies in how i can tell if links to high or not. if i fall and half clip through the wall, but i end up getting spit out near the chest (and the camera doesnt change), does that mean i am too high, or too low? that would help a lot. also at the point i drop, should links left, or right arm be higher? i always try to gauge that, but it never works

2) pokey escape

this one is fun, but when i do it, i always seem to end up looking like it works when i talk to him (me and him switch places), but then i get spit back out. is there a good c^ angle that will almost always get me through the guard?

3)dot skip

i know its going to take a while, but i cant even get the sidehop to clip through the wall. i angle it up exactly like how it should be, and i follow the instructions on the help page, but i dont seem to sidehop right (although sometimes it "feels" like i tried to squeeze in and got pushed out). where should i be pointing the control stick if i am using a classic controller (out of the 8 corners). does somebody have an image where the stick should be pointed (even if its one of the tas plugin)? also is there a way i can just practice the sidehop elsewhere (to make sure im doing the roll/sidehop correctly) before i even add the element of the angle into it?

thanks a lot for your help.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »

the pokey escape is very easy. First, train with making ISG in 1 swing. Then, simply cut the singpost, make you perpendicular to the wall, and make a crouch stab. Activate ISG. 2 things can happen: get inside the guard but he pushes you out or get inside the guard and he pushes you inside.
Another easy escape is exit a hole, talk to navi and drop a nut.

Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: