ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:27:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1251009 times)
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #690 on: April 06, 2013, 04:43:01 AM »

Actually, now I'm really confused... I just used RBA to delete MS, then went forward in time and it didn't trigger Adult Reset! Why?? Is the ZSR page wrong, or is it version specific or something? I'm using GCN btw.

EDIT: I wonder if it's because I had Biggoron's Sword equipped as adult. I'll test again later. Maybe the game actually checks to see if you have either sword already, and not just MS.

Okay, I'm confused again... According to the Adult Reset page, "if you delete MS and then return to the future, you'll activate Adult Reset". But this doesn't seem to be true if you delete MS using RBA... It still puts the MS into your inventory when you go adult, but it doesn't auto-equip the kokiri boots/tunic, or reassign C buttons.... Either it's the version I'm using (GCN), something I did in my file (100% completion file), or the info on ZSR is wrong/misleading.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #691 on: April 06, 2013, 05:05:11 AM »

Try losing the MS and not equipping anything on B. Go back in time then forward in time and Adult Reset should happen.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2013, 06:29:27 AM »

Try losing the MS and not equipping anything on B. Go back in time then forward in time and Adult Reset should happen.

I did that. Adult Reset works if I blank out my B button (as noted on the Adult Reset page), but it doesn't work if I RBA away the MS (which isn't noted on the Adult Reset page). The way the page is written makes it seem like it should work with RBA...

What I did was get zora's mask as child, and do zora mask RBA to remove the MS. Then I went forward in time. I still had the zora tunic and hover boots on, and my C-buttons didn't change, but it did add MS to my inventory and B button. Then I tried the blank B method and it worked normally.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:31:20 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »

I'll try and straighten this out tomorrow.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #694 on: April 07, 2013, 06:30:30 AM »

Or not. Something came up.

Anyway, can someone with v1.0 on N64 perform the Naryu's Love crash in Death Mountain Crater, perform this http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time#Crash_Debugger and make readable screen caps or video of the debug screen? I want to see if I can find the stack in MHS.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #695 on: April 07, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »

Or not. Something came up.

Anyway, can someone with v1.0 on N64 perform the Naryu's Love crash in Death Mountain Crater, perform this http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time#Crash_Debugger and make readable screen caps or video of the debug screen? I want to see if I can find the stack in MHS.
If no one else beats me to it, I'll try to do it asap. I currently don't have access to my 1.0 cart.

Edit: nice Pheenoh posted it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:42:18 PM by whyieyesya » Logged
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #696 on: April 07, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

Debug screen here: http://imgur.com/a/CcPf4

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #697 on: April 11, 2013, 01:58:44 AM »

If you enter a dungeon as adult at night, does it actually put you into the Adult Night version of that dungeon, or does it still use Child Day since dungeon layouts don't change depending on time or era.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:00:32 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #698 on: April 11, 2013, 03:23:34 AM »

Unrelated to my last question, if you bottle dupe bugs over a blank C button, while you have bugs in child trade slot, then get a child trade item so you have a child trade item on the blank C you duped over, then go forward and back through time, what does it put back on that C? The bottle, the new child trade item, or nothing?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #699 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:52 AM »

To the first question, if you enter say the Deku Tree as an adult at night, which has a base entrance of 0000, you'll use entrance record 0003 (+2 for adult, +1 for night). But since there is no scene setup for an adult link version of the area, you just end up at the only scene setup for the Deku Tree.

To the second question, my guess is that nothing happens but not sure.

Braid
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #700 on: April 11, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »

Okay thanks, that explains something I was confused about
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #701 on: April 11, 2013, 09:23:38 PM »

Thinking about it some more, nathan, it's probably going to write that bottle somewhere in memory and when you travel through time it's gonna check that location and probably put the bottle back onto C. I'm hoping that's not how it'll shake out, but yeah.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #702 on: April 11, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »

Oh...
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #703 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »

I think it was R0bd0g that mentioned the other day that sva discovered a new Wrong Warp, and I got around to testing it a bit today.

It works like this: After obtaining the Spirit Medallion, wrong warp from Gohma's Boss room to Bongo Bongo (doable via getting an Adult Trade Item timer, duping over the item, and timing out just after touching the blue warp), beat Bongo Bongo, and walk into the blue warp normally. Instead of appearing at Kakariko Graveyard after all the cutscenes, you'll appear at Desert Collossus as if you'd just beaten Spirit.

Braid
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #704 on: April 19, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »

Something like this happened to me in an oot3d 100% run. I had already beaten spirit and had skipped the medallion cs with a FW WW. I can't remember the exact circumstances but I think I missed the CS skip in shadow and after the Rauru CS I went to the desert colossus.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: