ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:54:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1256960 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #705 on: April 19, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »

I think I saw sva mention this on his twitter or something. I don't think it's a wrong warp, but the game normally checks which dungeon you came from (shadow or spirit) during the "all 6 sages" CS. If it checks and sees that you came from Deku (because of the wrong warp your entrance is not updated), it will get confused and interpret that as spirit, and send you to desert colossus.

I wonder if there are any places that will default to the shadow entrance instead, or a completely new place entirely (doubtful). You could test this with a FW wrong warp probably.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #706 on: April 20, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »

Today I found out that it's possible to obtain Prelude of Light and Song of Time with wrong warp.
Are you familiar with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJL6kvUNcvs

The concept is the same except the cutscene pointers do not have to match. FW BA will probably be required for these as well, to get to the boss room without overwriting the cutscene you want to warp into. So that I hopefully wouldn't end up OoB, I just used Ganondoor for the WW. For Song of Time, your last cutscene watched has to be Din's Fire. To get that as a prior cutscene as adult you will have to WW into the cutscene, so set at ZF->Fairy. For Prelude you need Gerudo Valley Intro as your last cutscene watched. If you need to BA off of LACS you can avoid that until it's needed with a WW to GTG.

I'm gonna continue looking to see if there are other such matches like these.

EDIT Made some crappy videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceX-Q4PYWG4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xhpW8DkPhM
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:48:38 PM by r0bd0g » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #707 on: June 10, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »

hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEILeMLabus

This is what happens when I play OoT for the first time in over a year
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #708 on: June 11, 2013, 03:05:50 AM »

Wow, nice find!
Mothership_Connection
Deku Scrub

« Reply #709 on: July 03, 2013, 01:10:27 AM »

Hello,

Does anyone have a link which explains the wrong warp mechanics in details? (Not a how-to, just the technical side)

I went on the wrong warp page of ZSR but it says the explanation is no longer up to date.

Thanks
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #710 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:56 AM »

Check this thread out http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1279.0

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Mothership_Connection
Deku Scrub

« Reply #711 on: July 03, 2013, 02:34:33 AM »

Thanks a bunch mzxrules  Smiley

Edit: Woops, that was on the 1st page too. Sorry for that lack of attention.  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:25:22 PM by Mothership_Connection » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #712 on: July 04, 2013, 01:25:03 AM »

I have a couple questions about Collection Delay.

From what I understand, Collection Delay is a weird effect that can happen when you're about to receive an item from an NPC. Most of the time, there are a few frames after talking to the person where you can control Link and even use items before Link holds the prize over his head. You can delay it even further if you pull out a bomb during this time, because the bomb occupies Link's hands and prevents him from finishing his animation. If you move far enough away from the NPC, you can avoid receiving the item altogether until you come within range of them again. During this delay, you can also sometimes see the word "Grab" or "Open" on the action icon briefly.

Most of the Collection Delay spots were fixed in 1.2, such as the cucco lady giving you Cojiro, or King Zora giving you the tunic/frog. In the case of King Zora, shielding during the delay also triggers some flag that causes him to give you the wrong item for some reason. Most of the indoor delays don't seem to have been fixed in 1.2, such as the Kokiri Shop, archery minigame, bazaar, etc. Unfortunately, most items can't be used indoors, so there isn't much you can do during the delay besides emptying a bottle, moving around a little, or pausing the game.

Finally, there are the RBA effects, where if you RBA a Quiver and then play the minigame for it, you don't receive the prize at all, but the collection zone is still active and you can even "Open" or "Grab" the archery hosts.

So basically, I'm wondering if I understand all of this correctly, or if there's a better explanation on ZSR anywhere. Also, I only have version 1.2, so it's hard for me to test anything with this glitch. Like, is there anywhere you can do a quick RBA during the delay that could effect what prize you get or something. For example, if you write a new deku shield into your inventory just before the Kokiri shop guy gives you a new one, does that cause any side effects? Or if you RBA a Quiver during the horseback archery prize delay, would it just result in Ass Chest?

Sorry if I sound stupid or something, I'm just curious about all this.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #713 on: July 04, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

Your understanding of collection delay is correct. As for the deku shield thing, you cant use your b button in a shop and there seems to be no window for it when buying from a scrub so I dont think that will work. Even if it did, I think it would just act the same way as King Zora trying to give you a zora tunic when you already have one, which is just the sound being played when you collect an item on the floor you already have (example: pick up a deku nut drop when you have already obtained deku nuts-- it makes that sound). I don't know about the archery thing so that could be tested, but I have a feeling it would just overwrite your current quiver (even glitched) with the upgrade you were about to get.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:54:32 PM by Exodus122 » Logged

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #714 on: July 04, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

Ahh, I didn't think about the B button... and I don't suppose the B Anywhere glitch would work since you would need to bottle dupe over B again, and C buttons are disabled. Unless bottle-duping over your ocarina allows you to use it during the glitch. But you're probably right about what happens anyway.

Also I remember hearing about some collection glitch with BGS where the goron can sometimes give you a fake BGS that you can't equip and it also skips the collection animation... Why does that happen?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #715 on: July 11, 2013, 06:47:37 AM »

So something amusing popped up earlier today in the IRC involving RBA and the Inventory screen.

There are two kinds of slots within the inventory screen: Those that display ammo counts, and those that don't. Now, the way the ammo count display works is a little weird. If you put an item on a slot that displays an ammo count, then the ammo count for that item will be displayed, but the ammo count is displayed at a fixed position. For example, if you use codes to put the Deku Sticks in the slot where the Fairy Bow would be, the Deku Stick count will be displayed over the Deku Stick slot rather than the Arrows slot.

Now, if you end up putting an item that doesn't display an ammo count into an ammo count slot, then the game will try to display an appropriate ammo count for that item. For example, putting a Fairy Ocarina / Ocarina of Time over the Deku Stick slot will display the unused Ocarina ammo address as an ammo count.

What's this have to do with RBA? Well, it turns out that if you put most bottle items (Fish, Bugs) onto an ammo count item slot, then the game will try to read the Gerudo Mask rba ram address as an ammo slot, and display it over where the Deku Stick count is. 

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »

So should the RBA page be updated to include info about Gerudo Mask RBA then? Or is it too useless to matter?  Wink
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #717 on: July 15, 2013, 05:26:44 AM »

By the way, does this mean that if you could somehow get Megaton Hammer into a slot that displays ammo, it would show the magic bean popularity over the deku stick amount? And Light Arrows and Nayru's Love would display Tunics/Boots and Swords/Shields respectively? And adult trade items would display Mask of Truth RBA, and child trade items would display SOLD OUT RBA? Maybe I'm way off, but this could probably be tested with cheats.

What about Bomb Bag 20? Since you can get that over your bombchu's slot (which is an ammo display slot), does that affect the deku stick fake display at all??