ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 10:17:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 1250267 times)
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #675 on: January 18, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »

Possibly you could learn the Nocturne of Shadow (Street->Hyrule Field), if you can learn it from a Wrong Warp like they do on 3DS (I don't know if that's been tested on normal OoT b/c everybody always RBA's the song before WW testing).

Well, just so you know, I tested this for the heck of it and you do learn the song after wrong warping into the cutscene.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #676 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:44 AM »

Cool.
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #677 on: January 22, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »

If you do MM's stop time glitch (get a filled bottle in link's hand, z-target, shield and press the bottle on the first frame of link's shielding) in certain places where you need to play a song to trigger a cutscene, you'll be put in ocarina mode and be able to move at the same time. You'll have stop on B, note thing at the bottom, and you can play songs while moving. This can cause a lot of oddities, such as being able to carry the ocarina HUD into other rooms, cancelling songs with other text, and getting the shadow temple boat to leave without you.

So far I know that this works with the shadow temple boat and the water temple triforces, but doesn't work with the sun's song grave, Mido as an adult, or Darunia. If you play a warp song with this and select yes nothing happens at first, but the next time you pull out the real ocarina you'll be warped automatically. Going through a loading zone seems to cancel this effect.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:24:28 AM by GJ2323 » Logged
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #678 on: January 22, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »

Time stop oddities have been brought up before, a long time ago. So I don't think this is new, unless you can find something useful for it. Smiley

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #679 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »

Ok. I hadn't seen anything about this, so I assumed it was new. The most interesting thing about this is that it lets you "store" the effect of warp songs, at least to an extent. I guess that's all, though.

Edit: ok, you can also use this to unload certain rooms by going through a door just as a cutscene starts. Example:
stop time on shadow temple boat
make your way over to the door by the ladder in ocarina mode
play zelda's lullaby
go through door as lullaby is ending

The boat cutscene will start as you open the door. It will load the next room but the cutscene will cancel link going through the door, thus leaving you in an unloaded boat room! Smiley This could probably be used to cause actor glitches in other places where this glitch is possible. I still don't think it will be useful, but whatever.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:23:17 AM by GJ2323 » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #680 on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:07 AM »

Mentioned this in the 3ds thread, but I found another heart piece inside Jabu Jabu's Belly, cutscene 0. This brings the total to 39 extra heart pieces + one phantom heart piece (Located in Kokiri Forest cutscenes 4 and 5 i think) that does not increment your heart piece total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1nNX6iz7gU

Edit: I think I have an idea as to why the game crashes if you burn the Deku Shield during tower collapse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bHtZWsyZw
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:40:30 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #681 on: February 04, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »

Found a useless, but somewhat spooky glitch.

It turns out that the Sun's Song effect is blocked on a per room basis, not a per area basis. This leads to an interesting effect in the Spirit Temple boss room: If you play the Sun's Song between the Nabooru Fight room and the Twinrova room (through Ocarina Items or similar), the Sun's Song takes effect as soon as you open the door.

http://youtu.be/IopsNYHQwEU

Edit2: Found a pair of non-existing hookshot points in Dodongo's Cavern's main room, located well out of bounds, if you can believe that. They fail to load due to object 011C not being loaded with that map.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:18:48 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #682 on: March 08, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »

I know this wouldn't be useful or anything, but it's mainly to see if I understand WW correctly.

Isn't it possible to death WW from the Deku Tree Boss room to Gerudo Training Grounds if you first do a bottle timer WW from Dodongo's Cavern Boss room to Deku Tree Boss room since the death would try to take you to the beginning of DC after the WW?

In other words, bottle timer WW from DC -> DT Boss, and then death WW from DT -> GTG?
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #683 on: March 09, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »

I know this wouldn't be useful or anything, but it's mainly to see if I understand WW correctly.

Isn't it possible to death WW from the Deku Tree Boss room to Gerudo Training Grounds if you first do a bottle timer WW from Dodongo's Cavern Boss room to Deku Tree Boss room since the death would try to take you to the beginning of DC after the WW?

In other words, bottle timer WW from DC -> DT Boss, and then death WW from DT -> GTG?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNynVIboDQ

Yep.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #684 on: March 09, 2013, 01:44:23 AM »

Oh wow, I even watched that video (I guess I just forgot, or remembered it subconsciously or something). I'm dumb.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #685 on: April 05, 2013, 10:39:07 PM »

I'm curious about something. If adult reset is caused by not having MS in your inventory when you go adult, what if you get MS as child before the first time you become adult and then go adult? Will it still put bombs on C down? Or just nothing on C buttons at all? Maybe with luck it will put child items on C! Probably not though...

I guess this would only be possible with ganondoor to get MS from ganon CS, since you cant RBA MS unless you already have it. So I don't know if it has been tested since ganondoor was discovered.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:44:28 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #686 on: April 05, 2013, 11:49:02 PM »

No, I'm pretty sure that won't happen. It'd be like getting the MS normally then going back in time as a child, equipping child C items, and turning back into an adult. The only thing is that adult reset won't happen, but it'll still change the items you have equipped.

Still worth testing; I'd love to be proved wrong (we all want Boomerang on C as an Adult Smiley).
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #687 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:11 PM »

It still puts the standard items on your c buttons as normal

nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #688 on: April 05, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »

It still puts the standard items on your c buttons as normal

So just the normal nuts, bombs, and ocarina? Aww.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #689 on: April 06, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »

Actually, now I'm really confused... I just used RBA to delete MS, then went forward in time and it didn't trigger Adult Reset! Why?? Is the ZSR page wrong, or is it version specific or something? I'm using GCN btw.

EDIT: I wonder if it's because I had Biggoron's Sword equipped as adult. I'll test again later. Maybe the game actually checks to see if you have either sword already, and not just MS.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:10:20 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66
  Print  

Jump to: