ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173558 times)
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #375 on: June 18, 2015, 07:00:15 AM »

How was something like that even found?

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #376 on: June 18, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »

Idk if Cycle 1 is different from other cycles, but afaik restricted items doesn't work in H&D minigame as deku anymore.
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #377 on: June 18, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »

Idk if Cycle 1 is different from other cycles, but afaik restricted items doesn't work in H&D minigame as deku anymore.
the thing is, now we can do RI elsewhere in first cycle via deku flower. The real issue is the change to trade items which severely limits the options available for bomb OI. Kaztalek suggests using magic beans in the description to his video which would be possible in MM3D if we found big octo skip in first cycle.. If that were to work as deku, we could pull out the ocarina out in first cycle on MM3D.

This of course wouldn't allow for SoDT anyways. The point is that it might be possible in some flavor in MM3D.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2015, 11:40:53 PM »

of course you can Octo Skip in MM3D with deku lol

Edit: I originally made these videos for twitter about 2 days after the game was released, showing that it is possible to get to Deku Palace as Deku without Human:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHpFGk02n2w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOtXFSCNbI
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:48:56 PM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2015, 03:42:47 AM »

If you guys want I can try to do OI in first cycle a thing, the difficult part will be the bomb OI, since you need to get hurt twice :\

Also Deku can't use beans..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:48:21 AM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2015, 03:50:31 AM »

Please do. It's worth a shot, and I have a feeling it might lead to future breaks.

Is there a deku flower in the place where the monkey who teaches you sonata of awakening is? Don't remember.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2015, 04:50:56 AM »

Inside the place? No, just on the outside of the palace
protatoxxxeater
Deku Scrub

« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »

i was messing a round with backflip ice slides in the area before mountain village and a white boe jumped over my head and i hit the tatl button
while it was above my head and link began spinning continuously  while the text was on screen
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
useless but i thought i might mention it

dasfilth
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #383 on: July 05, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »

Has anyone found the invisble Deku Stick oddity yet? I'm not sure it's even remotely useful.

Basically, I was messing around with the Action Swap fire arrow trick and wound up with an invisible deku stick in my hand. It can't hit walls, but can hit torches and pots, although it seems to be unable to break anything.

Again, probably useless, and I'm not even sure how I did it. I had just shot an Action Swap fire arrow and I think I played the Reverse Song of Time directly afterwards.
demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #384 on: July 05, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »

This is the invisible deku stick glitch, you pull out a deku stick and then pull out the ocarina. We knew about it for a long time and it used to be part of the route but we then found quicker alternatives so it's useless currently.

"I will marry Demo when he gets WR" - Iwabi74
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #385 on: July 09, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »

Time stopped in lens of truth cave, then I let the invisible skultulla take damage and kill me. Nothing happens (softlock animation).

dasfilth
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2015, 11:19:19 PM »

I managed to do pseudo song storage by wrong warping to the Oath to Order room, playing the Reverse Song of Time, and then voiding out.
It placed me back in the bomb shop with the song text on the screen, and free movement.

Kind of useless, because the text is immediately on screen instead of being triggered when text is encountered.
protatoxxxeater
Deku Scrub

« Reply #387 on: September 13, 2015, 03:50:58 AM »

So I found this glitch i'm going to call Bow/Hookshot storage, it functions in pretty much the same way mask storage works. You do a backflip and hold the button for the hookshot or bow long enough for Link to perform his equipping animation before he hits the ground, and make sure you pull out your shield after the animation is complete and before you hit the ground. If you did it right, you'll be holding the shield as if Link was aiming the hookshot or bow. Make sure you release the shield button before untargeting to maintain the glitch. Now whenever you target, link will be holding whatever item you used, and when you press up or down, he will aim the bow/hookshot, but if you sidestep he will stop aiming and move normally. Rolling, equipping another item, or jumping of a ledge will get rid of it. I don't really think it has any practical uses, but I think we should look into doing this with other items and see if any of those have uses.

I found this a while back, just use hookshot/bow, L-target, then backflip and perform mask storage.  Grin
protatoxxxeater
Deku Scrub

« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2015, 03:57:10 AM »

Zora egg in a bottle can be used instead of mask storage for certain things such as timestop w/ storage and The useless hookshot/bow "storage"
protatoxxxeater
Deku Scrub

« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2015, 04:04:11 AM »

Possible Wind Waker storage in MM3D, i was doing action swap ocarina items with my sword when after pressing bottle and then B, my thumb slipped and I pressed B again but the ocarina didn't trigger.
The game was put into "Cutscene mode" where there were black borders around the screen, but link was in his idling animation with his sword drawn, I couldnt move so the game was soft locked.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27
  Print  

Jump to: