ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:52:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173528 times)
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2015, 12:37:10 AM »

By using the Epona as any forms glitch, you can get past loading zones. Just press A at some point while "on" her as a different form, and the camera will freak out and you'll pass through non-map objects. I don't think you can dismount though.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2015, 03:36:01 AM »

Welp apparently we still need a way to clip into the milk bar... evrybody, please find a way to do this!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLE84eO9oKs

^NOT my video

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2015, 07:40:33 AM »

Does anyone here know how to get Epona into Clock Town in his version? I'm not finding anything about this online.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2015, 07:51:31 AM »

For those not familiar with the Epona Clip glitch:

This exact same glitch was present in OoT3D.
Basically when you enter an area on epona, you always dismount on the right side the first time, so you can just ride up against a corner and dismount into it.

I "re-confirmed" a few days ago in IRC that it worked in MM3D (though, I don't think that had anything to do with the clip being found, don't think anyone was even listening at the time), but didn't think that there'd be any use for it. (I was also 100% confident that you wouldn't reach the loading zone in the milk bar, so I'm dumb).
Don't think anyone has mentioned in detail what you have to do to enter clock town on epona. All I know is that GnS (I think it was GnS?) did it like a week ago.

Serris
Deku Scrub

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2015, 08:05:07 AM »

Hey, just wondering if it could be faster to do Snowhead after Bow and come back for Odolwa? You'd have Fire Arrows for Gekko and the torch and avoid the cutscene in the Deku Princess room.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2015, 09:03:55 AM »

Quoting myself from the IRC:
<CloudMax> oh right, Forgot to mention, I did mess with hookshot clipping yesterday. It does work. but you must stand like as far as you possibly can inside a corner, and shoot almost straight down to the left for it to work. However, I ONCE managed to shoot it at another direction. it was more like 45 degrees down, and I shot straight toward the corner, rather than to the left.
The second part being the interesting one. I am 100% sure it went that direction. I just moved the aim around while spamming hookshot and all of a sudden it actually worked. I guess I was just standing *very* far into the corner while doing it. Can't remember under what conditions I got it to work exactly. (like if I strafed into the corner oot3d style, etc.)
I did it in the corner to the left of the town exit by the milk bar.

Edit: managed to do it again, kind of. I strafed into the corner. I can now shoot from a ~45 degree angle instead of straight down, but I must still aim almost all the way to the left, unlike last time when it worked by aiming forward.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:10:14 AM by CloudMax » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2015, 09:07:16 AM »

I did the getting nuts on B with epona,  so that i can dupe over them and get bottle on B (which worked) ocarina wasn't functioning (aka didn't have it) because termina was in "1st cycle mode" no music, enemies only grass lol and something interesting is that at one time Tatl called me and she also had 1st cycle text saying "Oh look at the time isn't even 3 days' anymore or "aren't you suppose to see the great fairy" etc etc
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »

I did the getting nuts on B with epona,  so that i can dupe over them and get bottle on B (which worked) ocarina wasn't functioning (aka didn't have it) because termina was in "1st cycle mode" no music, enemies only grass lol and something interesting is that at one time Tatl called me and she also had 1st cycle text saying "Oh look at the time isn't even 3 days' anymore or "aren't you suppose to see the great fairy" etc etc
You can get Bottle on B as Link using another method as well. the effects are known, and GIM does the same thing when receiving 20r (or 50r, can't remember)

Edit:
You can skip all deeds using Down A. Since you can walk int othe scrubs and burrow with them standing there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:24:40 AM by CloudMax » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »

You can get Bottle on B as Link using another method as well. the effects are known, and GIM does the same thing when receiving 20r (or 50r, can't remember)

Edit:
You can skip all deeds using Down A. Since you can walk int othe scrubs and burrow with them standing there.

Oh dang, yeah hahah, i heard there was a method to bottle B, but i don't which one that is never seen a vid or anything about it. Could you tell me how to do it? :p =)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »

You can do collection delay on the mailbox when receiving rewards for having postman hat on if you interact with it with Down A. so you can run around and do stuff until you look at it again.
This is just an assumption, but you may be able to do collection delay on most stuff received from interacting with Down A activated?

Oh dang, yeah hahah, i heard there was a method to bottle B, but i don't which one that is never seen a vid or anything about it. Could you tell me how to do it? :p =)

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to recording anything that I've found yet, so you wouldn't find any videos of some stuff.

Start of by getting bottle on B as Goron.
To get Bottle on B as goron you dupe over the ocarina in curiosity shop. (Do collection delay, take out ocarina, put it away). Instead of overwriting the ocarina, it will overwrite Goron Links B item.
Now go to Honey & Darling and use Goron Transformation Storage.
As soon as the minigame starts, put the mask back in your inventory, this will transform you back to Link.
End the minigame.

You will now have Bottle on B as Link.

Edit:
<CloudMax> uh.. I was showing collection delay to my kid brother.. I think I found a glitch while doing it by mistake
<CloudMax> unless it's already known
<CloudMax> I hooked onto a chest right before a day night transition. I did a hookshot jump
<CloudMax> not sure how high, since I looked away
<CloudMax> but when I looked back at the screen, link was falling
<CloudMax> yeah, you clearly do a hookshot jump, but it is not high at all. it is super bad. maybe it's possible to get much higher with better timing?
It was the transition to night in south clock town. I guess all transitions where you just get like an overview camera works.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:53:24 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2015, 12:54:24 PM »

For those not familiar with the Epona Clip glitch:

This exact same glitch was present in OoT3D.
Basically when you enter an area on epona, you always dismount on the right side the first time, so you can just ride up against a corner and dismount into it.
GnS's Epona teleport also works and I managed it from the west entrance. You can get the climb command while being as close to the loading zone as possible, and mount on the moment it's 6am. The only risk is Epona neighing at the wrong time. I'm not sure if parking her ahead of time with this has a use since I know a transition is needed for the WW.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:03:20 PM by Jeville » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »

When in south clock town, you can see that a door actor is floating in the air out of bounds in east clock town: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/mm3d/south%20clocktown%20oob%20door.jpg
Was that there on nintendo 64? Or did grezzo decide to place it there?
It is rotated just like the shooting gallery door, so at some point they may have concidered using actual door actors for the stuff you can't reach, but decided not to.

Edit: It seems like MM64 had a real door actor for the shooting gallery. this door is probably it, and they just left it there. in MM3D the gallery door is part of the model.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:16:39 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »

It's not there on N64.
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2015, 01:15:43 PM »

When in south clock town, you can see that a door actor is floating in the air out of bounds in east clock town: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6440063/mm3d/south%20clocktown%20oob%20door.jpg
Was that there on nintendo 64? Or did grezzo decide to place it there?
It is rotated just like the shooting gallery door, so at some point they may have concidered using actual door actors for the stuff you can't reach, but decided not to.

I think that's just the Shooting Gallery door, you just can't see the wall.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »

No, the gallery door is under the octo.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: