ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:30:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617011 times)
RudyCarcue
Deku Scrub

« Reply #720 on: August 23, 2014, 02:41:24 AM »

So I managed to get out of bounds near the place with the big bomb by using the bomb boost in the screen south of the baseball minigame, by using the hookshot I was able to get to the baseball minigame screen and then to this screen, unfortunately it seems that there is not a way to get the bomb to follow you. Unfortunately I can't upload a picture right now but I will as soon as I can.

Edit: I also managed to get inside the baseball minigame area, you can't change screens from here, there are invisible walls surrounding the place, you can't even void out like in other places
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:51:09 AM by RudyCarcue » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #721 on: August 23, 2014, 04:21:53 AM »

I had a feeling it would not follow you that high.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #722 on: August 23, 2014, 04:52:29 AM »

I would also like to experiment with this.  So you came from the screen south of the baseball diamond.  Where did you do the bomb boost there?  I've known that it's possible to get up onto the ledge in Lorule for a while, but have never been able to myself.  I thought that it might be something like portal clipping, but the ground-level portal just voids me out as soon as I clip it.

Melissa
RudyCarcue
Deku Scrub

« Reply #723 on: August 23, 2014, 01:56:03 PM »

Myria there is a place south of the baseball minigame that you can only access through a portal in Hyrule, you can do a lemon boost which requires throwing the nice bomb to get onto the ledge in Lorule.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #724 on: August 23, 2014, 03:11:29 PM »

Myria there is a place south of the baseball minigame that you can only access through a portal in Hyrule, you can do a lemon boost which requires throwing the nice bomb to get onto the ledge in Lorule.

What do you mean when you said you used the Hookshot; did you use that to cross from the trees on the left to the right? I'm confused without screenshots showing location.
RudyCarcue
Deku Scrub

« Reply #725 on: August 23, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »

Yes I used the hookshot to cross from the trees on the left to the right, I also use it to avoid falling back in bounds since it is easier to navigate the place using it. I will link some screenshots soon, I just need to do it again.

Edit: here are some screenshots, sorry for the bad quality, I can't use miiverse right now.
https://twitter.com/rcarcue/status/503201128579092481
https://twitter.com/rcarcue/status/503201232668749825
https://twitter.com/rcarcue/status/503201410436300801

Also here I am inside the baseball minigame area:
https://twitter.com/rcarcue/status/503012118195863552
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:27:12 PM by RudyCarcue » Logged
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #726 on: August 23, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »

Yes I used the hookshot to cross from the trees on the left to the right, I also use it to avoid falling back in bounds since it is easier to navigate the place using it. I will link some pictures soon, I just need to do it again.

I had no idea you could traverse trees like that, I've attempted this in the lost woods several times but never had any luck.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #727 on: August 23, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »

Yeah, I fooled around this one a bit too, and also ended up in the baseball field. (All these invisible walls literally why)

However, I also managed to do a fairly quick routing to reach the Big Bomb with this. Not sure if it'd be faster than to buy the bomb tho. Not that it matters, since nice bombs are sort of a necessity.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #728 on: August 24, 2014, 04:37:38 AM »

I know this is a long shot and I'm not sure if it's been tested before but I have a suggestion. We know that there are certain areas you can bomb-coil yourself into when low on hearts and essentially skip certain text scenes (Eastern palace exit/thieves den entrance) Is there a slim chance a similar method could be used to transition into thieves town with the big bomb entow?

I've tried testing it myself but unfortunatly standing next to a small bomb triggers the big bomb. However, You can throw a bomb then dash to its location, this prevents triggering the big bomb due to the ramp up time needed for it to begin following you.

On the occasions I managed to get the timing right, the smaller bomb recoiled me north into the loading box of thieves town but shortly after the explosion the bomb man triggers his speech and you warp backwards. I've tested this quite a bit the last hour and this does seem to cause a slight delay to his speech but I could just be imaging it. Could others test this and see what they think?

I'm yet to try it whilst low on health as the timing is tight so I wanted to practice first. I'm hoping a death transition could essentially prevent bomb man appearing.

Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #729 on: August 24, 2014, 05:24:36 PM »

I'm yet to try it whilst low on health as the timing is tight so I wanted to practice first. I'm hoping a death transition could essentially prevent bomb man appearing.

What good would it do if you're dead and have to respawn somewhere?
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #730 on: August 24, 2014, 05:45:25 PM »

What good would it do if you're dead and have to respawn somewhere?

I just tried it.  If you don't have any fairies, you just die and respawn at your house in Hyrule.  If you have a fairy, she'll revive you, then immediately the bomb guy's speech will trigger, and you'll be teleported backward as usual. =(

Melissa
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #731 on: August 25, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »

So far, I've had no luck clipping into or onto that tree near Lorule Castle's bridge.  I still need to finish another playthrough now that I have the digital version so that I can try the Mean (non-Nice? =^-^=) Tornado Rod and such there.

Melissa
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #732 on: August 27, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »

Has anyone ever clipped into the House of gales whilst the gate is closed? You can kind of move in and out of the column to the left of the gate and work your way forward. Unfortunately so far I always get pushed South-west from the wall. I've managed a few screen caps which you can see below. I understand this would be of no use, but as far as I'm aware you can't enter any of the current dungeons currently without the use of items. It would be quite the novelty if we could get in.

This is he column you can work up-
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACaU2yUeSyrZQ

This is almost as close to the furthest in I have managed. I've managed to get it so that links green hat is about half way through the middle bar.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKErfmD9Hw
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #733 on: September 04, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »

I noticed something this morning during Zaheer's live stream run of low%.  After Yuga 2 died, the door opened.  But before that short cutscene, Zaheer moved.

It appears that we have control of Link for a short time between the door opening and the cutscene.  With some insane maneuvers and timing, it may be possible to exit the door before that cutscene plays.  If a lot of "ifs" play out in our favor, this could theoretically lead to early Yuganon.

The first thing to try would be to die in this time window.  If Link is able to die and resume, what happens?  Something for us to try out.  If Yuga 2 still spawns when we return to Hyrule Castle Tower afterward, that would indicate that it is not his death that flags his disappearance, but rather his post-death cutscene.

Melissa
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #734 on: September 09, 2014, 05:39:20 AM »

Myria you were always allowed to move after you kill yuga 2 and the door opens but you lose control during it opening and there's not much you can do. I'm not sure how early yuganon works since the castle has an entirely different property than hyrule castle( via zelda's bedroom ) which makes me believe that lorule castle is a seperate map from the rest of the game since it also requires a trigger to load the loading zone. In addition dying after a boss and continuing doesn't do anything but waste time and rupees so unfortunately you can't skip that cutscene and even so you would lose 1-2 minutes

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: