ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 617104 times)
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #705 on: August 19, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »

So, this is something I talked about on IRC some days back, but I figure I might as well try to sum the thing here, because it was just bizarre.

I was heading to Rosso's Ore Mine area from ToH, screwed around trying to find some OoB action using the Deadrock there, which didn't lead to all that much, but I did manage to clip myself under the ground, leading obviously to voiding out, as well as invisible walls (Which is the cause for said void-clips, as far as I care). After that, I got myself on the rope/railing of the bridge and performed that variant of Rosso Ore Skip (I guess it has the advantage of not needing a dash). Now, once down, I planned to screw around with the Deadrocks there, and that's when the game got... weird.

The Lynel was trying to walk to it's normal location, but on the hill, it sorta kept walking towards the wall, ignoring me and all. (Later on, I couldn't duplicate this despite my best efforts. It might be doable, but eh) Then I did some stuff with one of the Deadrocks, and headed down to the area with the wooden logs(?). One of the Deadrocks was spazzing out on the ledge. I experimented with that, leading to nothing notable, accidentally dropped it back in-bounds, went back in a bit, it was back at the same ledge.

Now, the most notable part here is, that using another Deadrock, turning them to stone and walking between them clipped me inside the ledge, as opposed to on top of it. It didn't lead to anything useful, but it might become relevant some day.

As a last note... I haven't been able to duplicate these weird, WEIRD enemy shenanigans. I can only think of it being because I did the different Rosso Ore skip, but even that feels like a stupid reason.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #706 on: August 19, 2014, 09:46:22 PM »

What building are you talking about?
If you get inside, what will happen?

Osfala's painting's house.  The building with the painting of Osfala.  The thief woman takes you there after you beat Thieves' Hideout.  Breaking in might lead to skipping the entire Thieves' Hideout dungeon.

Now, the most notable part here is, that using another Deadrock, turning them to stone and walking between them clipped me inside the ledge, as opposed to on top of it. It didn't lead to anything useful, but it might become relevant some day.

I wish we had an enemy like that in either of the two cities.  Semi-portable colliding objects!  For now, I'm just using the Ice Rod on Moblins to make them collidable and attempting to use their frozen bodies to make the game push me in a direction it'd rather not.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:55:18 PM by Myria » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #707 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:07 PM »

It made you sound like the painting house had a portal on it, which it doesn't.
So, kind of threw me off.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »

Lol nice vid Cheesy

To clip, you actually have to be a bit more forward from where you were. Then face the ledge you came from and swing your sword. It's still useless, but cool
Naxanria
Deku Scrub

« Reply #709 on: August 20, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »

One day, we might use it to wrong warp :p
Kamineko
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #710 on: August 20, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »

Has anyone found a way to consistantly time the tricks involving bombs (hera bombrod, turtle rock bk skip etc.) ? The best i've managed so far is in Tower of Hera, using a metronome at 148 bpm to time the bombrod (place bomb on 1st beep, tornado rod on 8th). Using it I almost always get the trick 1st try. But, turtle rock bk skip seems to precise for a trick like this to work. Anyways, if anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #711 on: August 20, 2014, 09:24:17 PM »

Most runners including myself count 4 bomb flashes for hera, and thats a pretty consistent method,  and for turtle rock some use 5 bomb flashes, but for myself I still use the 5 but its almost muscle memory at this point, so just practice all the tricks for a while ( I practiced tricks for around 5-15 hours, depending on how I feel about it), and eventually you can get it pretty consistently.

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #712 on: August 20, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »

Also since the game does run at 60 fps don't expect to get the 2 or 1 frame tricks all the time, it really just comes down to your reaction time Smiley

Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #713 on: August 20, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »

Is there a way to get into or onto this tree in front of Lorule Castle?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoFo99eWQ
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #714 on: August 20, 2014, 11:08:29 PM »

Nick showed me a method and you get hit by an enemy let him be on you then hammer and and you should clip in

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #715 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:00 AM »

I seen someone walk ontop of a tree in the Lost Woods already.
If you got on that tree, dashed off, then good odds of getting inside that fence.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2014, 07:33:08 AM »

Nick showed me a method and you get hit by an enemy let him be on you then hammer and and you should clip in

OK, I will try that!

I seen someone walk ontop of a tree in the Lost Woods already.
If you got on that tree, dashed off, then good odds of getting inside that fence.

Yes; that's exactly where I'm going with it:
1. Ditch the Big Bomb near the fence somewhere.
2. Clip into the tree.
3. Tornado Rod from inside to get on top of the tree.
4. Dash or dash-slide from the tree to get onto the fence.
5. Walk along the fence and get Big Bomb.
6. Get from the fence to the ledge--dash-slide likely.
7. If the annoying Bomb Shop Guy still enforces the rule from the ledge, attempt to get the bomb crammed onto the edge of the screen and not following Link.
8. Walk left, and grab the Big Bomb on the right if needed.
9. Pray that I can kill everything without triggering the Bomb.  Stupid Hinoxes.
10. Huh
11. Profit!
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2014, 03:11:27 PM »

10: Get inside of the house. With luck, warp to the proper screen.

Also, if this tree method works, could maybe be used for the lost woods skipping as well.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #718 on: August 22, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »

I saw flo post this on miiverse but nothing on here yet, what are peoples thoughts on this?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaXBwMuutg

I'm presuming Flo used the big bomb to clip into a tree. What other information is there on this currently? Can you get into the octoroc mini game? Can you transition into thieves town? Very interesting.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #719 on: August 22, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »

Someone did manage to hop tree to tree.
If a big bomb was used, then why was it not following in any way?
Was it destroyed?
Did he bomb boost up there, but used the big bomb for a higher launch?

Get into the baseball game area would only be useful if the bomb could go screen to screen without being directly connected to the player.
If it does transition even when stuck....can the screen scroll north, even though it was never originally programmed to?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: