ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:35:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616682 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »

Myria, the fence and the area to the left of the bridge are not connected.
All that happens is the fence acts like a solid barrier that you can't go through.

In order to get onto this fence, you'd have to get ontop of the archway and drop down from there.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #691 on: August 15, 2014, 04:30:03 AM »

Myria, the fence and the area to the left of the bridge are not connected.
All that happens is the fence acts like a solid barrier that you can't go through.

In order to get onto this fence, you'd have to get ontop of the archway and drop down from there.

I guess I'll go review the videos of the glitches involving that Hinox, since the way you describe it sounds like the glitch requires the bridge in order to do.  Like, you can't kite a Hinox to the fence instead of to the bridge.

Sorry for my confusion. Hugs
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #692 on: August 16, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »

Go check the beginning of the last page, I thought the same thing.
Was confused on when he said you couldn't
It took a closer look and saw that there was a small path to the left of the bridge.
If the fence would of been connected to the bridge instead of that path, then it would of been possible.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #693 on: August 18, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »

I discovered a way to make ToH faster in the new All Dungeons no OoB category. It uses Bombrod, so to anyone who was hoping they'd avoid using it here....sorry  Grin

But thankfully I found out a way to make them easier compared to the regular any% one.

Anyways, on to the skips:

The first one is on 3F just like the normal bombrod. So enter 3F, hit the blue switch and get on top of the blue pillars. Grab the small key (Optional due to the skip further down). Now drop a bomb on top of the blue pillars you came from and land on the switch. Perform a bombrod.

It's actually easier to do than most bombrods thanks to the extra height the switch gives you so you won't be attempting it over and over. You also don't have to worry about specific placement as we're not trying to clip into a wall.

You can alternatively do it here to get inside the area with the moldorms to skip hitting the pillars down. It's a little more risky though

The next skip is on 5F and must be done here:

Doing a bombrod on the switch will, again, make it easier to do. Doing it on the switch to north will send you OoB so it's out of the question. Doing both of these are faster than taking the dumb auto-scrolling platforms. Even messing up the bombrods multiple times would still be faster than taking the platforms. The stalfos are also dormant when this room is clipped into. I'm not sure if it's faster to individually kill them or to activate them all at once (by going to the door).

This last one is something I would consider optional. It's definitely on par with the any% bombrod for difficulty. But It's a way to clip into the fairy room with normal bombs  Shocked Doing it skips grabbing the small key and doing the little climb to get to the tile room. There is also a chest with 50 rupees inside the fairy room so that could be taken into consideration.

Link is standing on top of a switch in the picture and it's the only way this skip works. You can go for it but it's decently hard.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #694 on: August 18, 2014, 09:03:58 PM »

Yeah, I spotted these on Miiverse and we've had some discussion etc. on the irc channel about these.

I guess if you won't do the last one (Since it only saves a few seconds, and it is fairly tough), you might want to grab the key in 3F instead, since to get on top of the switch, you need to stand on the raised platforms anyways.

Also, I noticed you had some pictures on Hyrule Castle Gate clip or something. Mind giving an explanation for those? Tongue
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #695 on: August 19, 2014, 03:04:18 AM »

Right lol, I almost forgot about those Tongue

The way I clipped inside the gate was by bomb boosting on the top ledges of the castle walls then standing on the gate itself. Then you walk forward until Link's body starts glitching and face where you came from. Then just simply swing your sword a bunch of times and you'll clip into the gate.

Sadly, the gate is actually a separate object from the castle walls itself meaning that you can't just walk OoB into the walls. You can see this because you can merge while clipped into the gate:

While messing around with this I did discover a really odd glitch with the fire rod o_o

If you walk to the part of the gate that glitches your body and start shooting your fire rod, the shots shoot INCREDIBLY fast for some reason. They travel across the entire map in seconds. This gate glitches the fire rod quite a bit actually >.> If you shoot your fire north then south, the entire world lights up as if the fire is everywhere:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:43:31 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #696 on: August 19, 2014, 06:00:44 AM »

It seems I may have proved my own loading zone theory wrong!  Grin

Testing out Cucco Lag in Kakariko for the 1st time, I realized that I could figure out if the Stylish Woman's house has a loading zone or not before it's unlocked. After an annoying amount of time of trying to get frame perfect photos, I present to you....

YES! Cheesy These are clearly loading zones and they are both present before and after the door is unlocked! So in theory, if we were ever able to clip into her house, we would be able to get to Lorule early.

I also had to test Thieves' painting house so that it could be put to rest, and the results...

Although a little harder to tell, completed and uncompleted Thieves' both have loading zones!  Grin You can see the black boxes covering up the texture! The Moblin thing I mentioned before still doesn't make sense, but hey, a lot of stuff in this game doesn't.

My dreams of Thieves' being skippable is coming true!
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #697 on: August 19, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »

Cuccos are truly op Smiley

I am the Zeldo for you <3
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #698 on: August 19, 2014, 06:59:11 AM »

To get inside of the Cucoo Lady's house is kind of impossible unless if we discover any of the following.

1. We find a way to lag the game so hard that it's enough to clip through weak cracks or anything in general.
2. We somehow use Cucoos to push us through things. Maybe we just need many more Cucoos and a ton of luck for them to all be in the perfect X/Y/Z coord.
3. We find some other way to walk through walls using the rental items, or just the controls.
4. We find some weird warp glitch that let's us warp to any screen (OOT had this after all)

Got any other crazy theories, even weird ones?
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #699 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:09 AM »

Got any other crazy theories, even weird ones?

I think Cuccos are the most likely way into the Fat Lady's house, if there is one.  If you throw a Cucco straight south at the north wall, or straight northeast at the small southwest corner wall, you'll notice that Link suddenly teleports out of the way.  What's going on here is that the Cucco just landed on top of Link, and the game just had to place him somewhere.

The usual thing the game does is take the slight deviation from head-on to determine whether you end up on the left or right of the Cucco; Link goes the opposite direction.  Ties seem to make Link go counter-clockwise: exactly head-on southward against a north wall results in Link teleporting eastward out of the way of the Cucco.

The key to why we can clip into Sahasrahla's house is because there is a collision corner right there.  When you throw the Cucco against the north wall of the "jail", it'll land on Link with him in that corner.  You do the glitch actually facing slightly west, resulting in the game attempting to shove him east.  But there's a wall there, and Link goes right through that wall.

What we need to happen to use the same glitch at the Fat Lady's house I believe is the following:

1. Something to block Link from moving south that can be placed, moved or kited into the 1-block-wide gap on the west side of the lady's house between the house and the hedges.
2. Either:
2a. A way to get a Cucco to land on top of Link's head with both facing south right up against the colliding object in (1).
2b. The object in (1) is large/tall enough that throwing a Cucco southward against it will go nowhere and just come back onto Link's head.

Melissa
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #700 on: August 19, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

Good stuff with the HC Gate.

As far as the loading zones go, we did see the loading zone there with cucco lag when I started doing stuff there. However, there's a few issues there. The graphic might not be the loading zone, but just something that marks where it should be (And possibly just a graphic to show 'light' inside or something). It also leaves the question of 'what happened to the Moblins'

edit: welp no, I misinterpreted what you were saying.

Looking at it again, you're probably right. But is it just me, or is the loading zone at a slightly different spot? Might be because they expect you to first enter with Thief Girl...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:04:21 PM by Roadagain » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #701 on: August 19, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »

When houses disappear in cucco lag, I wonder if they lose their collision?

The only way I can picture getting the game to lag out like crazy would be to keep stacking cucco lag with background storage.

I was stacking up the lag to the point were the music started crackling and this was without BS. But I kept running into a glitch where eventually Cucco's would no longer attack you no matter how much you hit them. It's really easy to cancel cucco lag though which is annoying.

@road: I noticed that too. it might be it shifts because Thief Girl is the one who enters it first, therefore she needs to disappear into the house quicker? Idk, just a guess.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #702 on: August 19, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »

Yeah, the cuccos stop spawning (earlier in Hyrule than Lorule btw), and I guess it's because the game doesn't unload them or something?

Anyways, I think Anwonu said they still have collision, and he did play around with BG Storage.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #703 on: August 19, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »

I think the technique known as "Portal Clipping" generalizes to a lot more than it's being used for now.  Right now, Portal Clipping is only used for skipping the Desert Palace and for skipping the Metal Gear Link area outside the Dark Palace, but I think it is possible that it could be used to break into Osfala's painting's house.  I was getting clipping effects but didn't quite make it when I tried portal clipping into the building using a Moblin.

Is there a way for us to get onto this fence using a Hinox?
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKli38bgNA

BTW, LOL @
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl86oM5Yw
("This is the result of going to a ANIME AND VIDEOGAME CONVENTION!")
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #704 on: August 19, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »

What building are you talking about?
If you get inside, what will happen?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: