ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:37:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616990 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »

Here's a quick video I made of the 3F skip in Desert Palace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLHMeCWN4w

People seemed to have trouble with it, so I made a video.
It may also be easier if you use two statues, I used one since I had already killed the other one.

Sorry about the quality, recorded with my iphone, didn't want to bother fixing my camera and stuff.

quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »

I also wonder if portals always work, even before they are shown.. if it's true, and you clip a bit into the wall where a portal should be, maybe you can activate it early.
Guess the best way to figure this one out is the north east house in kakariko village.

Portals don't work like that. If they did, we wouldn't be able to clip through them, we would warp instead.

Also, thanks CloudMax for explaining clipping, though you actually had to land on of the enemy to be able to clip for some reason Tongue
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2013, 10:32:26 PM »

Ok, here's a pretty good sequence break in Turtle Rock: http://www.twitch.tv/parax0/c/3322719

This skips a small chunk of the dungeon and a small key.

If someone wants to find a better way to do this, PLEASE be my guest. This is an absolute bitch to do consistently.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »

I found another glitch in Kakariko Village. I think it's safe to assume it's utterly useless, but nonetheless, it's interesting. As far as I can tell, this is the only spot it will work. (Within Kakariko Village.)

Please excuse the shakiness of the camera, I was too lazy to go set up my tripod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMmys8A7wY&feature=youtu.be

"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps
Deku Scrub

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2013, 12:54:37 AM »

Ok, here's a pretty good sequence break in Turtle Rock: http://www.twitch.tv/parax0/c/3322719

This skips a small chunk of the dungeon and a small key.

If someone wants to find a better way to do this, PLEASE be my guest. This is an absolute bitch to do consistently.

I seem to get it very consistently by killing the first wizzrobe with an arrow to get the 100 rupee small chest platform to rise. Then just going off the right of that and straight down against the wall. You still respawn in the same place as in your video after falling in the lava. One less wizzrobe to worry about, and going straight down is pretty easy. In the video, you ended up killing that wizzrobe anyway.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:49 AM »

I managed to find a little timesaver and a skip in House of Gales.

Can someone tell me if skip 2 is faster than just using the Tornado Rod? I'm certain using the Hookshot is faster than the Tornado Rod, it's harder using the Tornado Rod. Hookshot seems to be faster.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmegAzoOWr4
(Please excuse the noise the camera makes)

EDIT: Greenalink has already found out the first method. I didn't realize. Apologies to Greenalink! Go check out his video, it's done in a better manner.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:13:12 AM by Vortex » Logged

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2013, 02:06:01 AM »

I managed to find two skips in House of Gales.

Can someone tell me if skip 2 is faster than just using the Tornado Rod? I'm certain using the Hookshot is faster than the Tornado Rod, it's harder using the Tornado Rod. Hookshot seems to be faster.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmegAzoOWr4
(Please excuse the noise the camera makes)
I should probably get better at documenting stuff I find also...

Skip 1 is known, Greenalink has a video of it and in a better method too...

Skip 2 is also known by me and ZFG, not sure how many others are doing it like this, but we use the hookshot to get the key... I should have probably said this earlier... my bad.

I found another glitch in Kakariko Village. I think it's safe to assume it's utterly useless, but nonetheless, it's interesting. As far as I can tell, this is the only spot it will work. (Within Kakariko Village.)

Please excuse the shakiness of the camera, I was too lazy to go set up my tripod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMmys8A7wY&feature=youtu.be

...yeah that's it I'm documenting every little thing we find even it's utterly useless... We already knew this (ZFG, FaschZ and I) and since it was totally useless none of us documented it I guess... FaschZ found it before I did but when he saw me doing it he said it didn't have a use and just named it "infinite dash"... yeah, pointless...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:09:32 AM by Volvagia » Logged
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2013, 02:11:54 AM »

I should probably get better at documenting stuff I find also...

Skip 1 is known, Greenalink has a video of it and in a better method too...

Yes-- you should! If you've already found some stuff out, you should definitely post. Should help us out!

Ah, my bad! Apologies to Greenalink, then. I didn't realize. I made sure to ctrl+f to see if anything of the likes had been posted. Must've slipped past me. Sorry!

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2013, 02:26:50 AM »

Skip 2 is also known by me and ZFG, not sure how many others are doing it like this, but we use the hookshot to get the key... I should have probably said this earlier... my bad.

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg25716#msg25716

(ZFG's post after this one says hookshot)

Unrelatedly. Sahasrhala's house is locked at the beginning of the game. If you use the cucco clip to get inside early, he'll be asleep when you walk in, but talking to him just makes him say "Hurry on ahead! I'll join you there just as soon as I can." Doesn't seem to be possible to trigger the cutscene that usually happens here, which is unfortunate. Woulda been cool if there was a way to skip some of the intro crap.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but my game just froze XD
I was using the pegasus boots on the tree in the top right corner of hyrule, and I collided with it and then it just randomly froze.
Ganrokh
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »

I found a nifty little trick with the Ice Rod on the boss in the Swamp Palace.

When you get the boss to phase 2 after you kill all of its eyes, you are able to completely freeze the boss with the Ice Rod. This completely interrupts what the boss is doing and he will even remain idle for about a second after he unfreezes, allowing you to get more hits in. This also works on the boss in Lorule Castle. I was able to kill the boss pretty quickly in phase 2 once I discovered this. I wonder if it would be possible to quick kill him in phase 2 by freezing him and attacking him repeatedly, not allowing him to move at all.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »

I managed to get past the girl outside the Treacherous Tower. Sadly there is no loading zone or anything there. It's just an empty space you can walk around in.
You can also merge around the entire tower, but there's nothing of value, not even any visual errors.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/icq9m221o9r2bq9/2013-12-01%2013.00.30.mov

Edit:
I found a way to skipe Rosso's Ore Mine. It should be slightly faster? At least it looks way more awesome, since it uses 3 glitches. One to get pushed up on a ledge, keeping pegasus boots momentum, and then using Tornado Rod right after respawning in midair to clip out of the mountain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvexWxr3qEw

Edit2:
It's possible to skip opening the first Locked Door on 2F in House of Gales, giving you a spare key for 3F, making it possible to go straight for the boss when you reach that floor.
I still don't know of a consistent way of doing this, and I haven't been able to do it while recording at all.
Where you get the Big Key there are 4 armos. You can use the armos to get pushed to the upper ledge while using Tornado Rod, bypassing the locked door.
This would save a lot of time, but is hard to pull off, especially with just 4 or 5 hearts.
I'm trying to record it on a file that haven't done gales yet to display how much it actually would skip, but I just keep dying.

Edit3: Outside Eastern Palace you can use an armos to get up on a ledge and merge onto the cliff to the right and get up onto an otherwise unreachable cliff. You can't reach any interesting places from it.
You can also do it in the northern section outside the palace, next to the statue (non-moving armos), and merge all the way over the left side, until your get to another normally unreachable cliff. It's possible to transition over to next screen, but you can't do anything from there as far as I can tell.

Edit4: It doesn't seem to be possible to clip thru stuff with hookshot. In Hyrule Lost Woods I managed to use a chuchu to clip slightly into a wall and hook onto a stock stump (This is in the northeast section of lost woods), but I did not get pulled thru. The hookshot is simply removed and thing continues as normally. Someone should re-confirm this though, since I may just have been very, very unlucky multiple times.

You can also get up on the sides in Hyrule Lost Woods, the opening that leads to the piece of heart can be used together with a ChuChu to clip into it, then use tornado rod to get up on top.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:20:13 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

Edit2:
It's possible to skip opening the first Locked Door on 2F in House of Gales, giving you a spare key for 3F, making it possible to go straight for the boss when you reach that floor.
I still don't know of a consistent way of doing this, and I haven't been able to do it while recording at all.
Where you get the Big Key there are 4 armos. You can use the armos to get pushed to the upper ledge while using Tornado Rod, bypassing the locked door.
This would save a lot of time, but is hard to pull off, especially with just 4 or 5 hearts.
I'm trying to record it on a file that haven't done gales yet to display how much it actually would skip, but I just keep dying.

Great find, Cloudmax. I've been trying all day so far to do this, but I've had no luck. Can you give a more in-depth explanation? That would help a ton! If I finally figure out how to perform this, I can get a recording for you if you'd like.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2013, 04:14:10 PM »

Great find, Cloudmax. I've been trying all day so far to do this, but I've had no luck. Can you give a more in-depth explanation? That would help a ton! If I finally figure out how to perform this, I can get a recording for you if you'd like.

The thing is, I don't have an in-depth explanation. I can't even replicate it myself. I got up again once, but just barely and link slided down and didn't stay up there. I tried to replicate it while recording for like 30 minutes or so, no luck. I used 2 armos, and I got up on the bottom ledge, not the one to the right. (I basically aimed for the bottom right corner of it, trying to land there)

Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »

Ah, okay! I'll be sure to try and attempt it.

Speaking of House of Gales, I found another little timesaver. Honestly, I don't think you would ever need to use this in a run, but even so, it's mildly interesting.
It requires you have the Pegasus Boots.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKqE3Is0Gfk&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:45:39 PM by Vortex » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: