ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:13:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: General Trick Discussion  (Read 210607 times)
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2012, 02:57:30 AM »

Rog I will time your route if you can find a faster way to Kakariko early without BiTE. Because as of right now that route has way too many drawbacks to be close to faster (the difference between the two regular any% was ~6 minutes, and 3 minutes alone would be wasted just jumpslashing on that fence).
The zombie hover takes a while to do, but it would also allow you to do a faster route. The only reason we don't skip faron twilight is because of the time lost getting to lakebed an extra time to bite, so we'd save time on that.  It's not as bad as it seems.

If nothing else, it's at least useful for segmented no s+q.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:03:10 AM by ahou » Logged
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #226 on: December 04, 2012, 04:14:54 AM »

The zombie hover takes a while to do, but it would also allow you to do a faster route. The only reason we don't skip faron twilight is because of the time lost getting to lakebed an extra time to bite, so we'd save time on that.  It's not as bad as it seems.

If nothing else, it's at least useful for segmented no s+q.
i'm not sure which is funnier, segmented itself or segmented no s+q

EDIT: Rog save 45 seconds on the zombie hover to spite me, I guess I'm gonna time this after all (assuming it's not too difficult for console).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:26:11 AM by Pheenoh » Logged

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #227 on: December 04, 2012, 06:25:42 AM »

i'm not sure which is funnier, segmented itself or segmented no s+q

EDIT: Rog save 45 seconds on the zombie hover to spite me, I guess I'm gonna time this after all (assuming it's not too difficult for console).
What's wrong with segmented no s+q?

Also, make that 1:45.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »

What's wrong with segmented no s+q?

Also, make that 1:45.
I only approve of fake categories when they're in single sitting. I'll time out this new no s+q route and run through the new TAS route this weekend if I'm not too busy.

<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »

What about no s+q rta?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2012, 11:20:16 PM »

Why are we calling this zombie hovering?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »

Why are we calling this zombie hovering?
Just to confuse people.
Yashichidsf
Regular Guay

the man himself

« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »

Just to confuse people.
it's certainly working

I can display millions of polygons!
Just
Deku Scrub

« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »

Well I assume this has been tested before, but just in case it hasn't I did BiT as wolf link and all it does is reset you back to the beginning of the game. Its like doing it at the beginning of the game. You have to go save Talo again and everything. So in other words, completely useless.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »

Well I assume this has been tested before, but just in case it hasn't I did BiT as wolf link and all it does is reset you back to the beginning of the game. Its like doing it at the beginning of the game. You have to go save Talo again and everything. So in other words, completely useless.
Yeah, normal BiT always has that effect.

Just
Deku Scrub

« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »

Okay well messing around I came across another glitch, but it only crashes your game so I don't know if there is anything useful to it. After doing BiT and saving Talo you have to do goats. If you watch the cut scene into Ordon Village up until the second time you see Epona (She will still be there the first time, but she is in a loading zone so you can mount her) you can skip from there and Epona will still be there. You can ride around in Ordon village, but leaving either back to the ranch or going to links house will cause you to crash.

Once again I'm sorry if this has around been found.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:45 AM »

What exactly would the forest skip no s+q route be? From my estimation, this appears to be the route:

-Old school intro
-Get sword and shield
-EMS
-Forest Temple up to boomerang (get ooccoo)
-Ooccoo out of temple
-Warp to South Faron, escape
-Eldin twilight, kill messengers
-Warp to South Faron, escape again
-Special Olympics Fence Jump
-Eldin tears
-Tame epona
-Warp to Ordon for sumo
-Early Lanayru
-Lanayru tears (howl at howling stone in upper river)
-Climb snowpeak with map glitch
-Snowpeak Ooccoo
-Steal bomb bag
-Ball and chain
-Warp to Kakariko, call epona and catch 2 bomb fish
-Get 5 water bombs from Snowpeak
-Warp to ZD, get goron bomb bag
-Warp to LH and enter Lakebed
-Complete Lakebed
-the rest is normal except get ending blow on the way to Hyrule Castle

This... doesn't seem faster. Skipping faron twilight looks to be slower because you would have to get sword and shield, and forest skip looks to be slower because you would have to do ordon days 1+2 (which is the reason zora armor skip is slower in no s+q). Am I missing something?

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2013, 08:32:53 AM »

Why would you get sword and shield?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »

If you skip Faron Twilight, you need the Ordon spring warp to come back for sumo since you can't get past the twilight wall from the other side. The Ordon spring warp never gets activated if you don't get sword and shield.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2013, 02:15:56 PM »

If you skip Faron Twilight, you need the Ordon spring warp to come back for sumo since you can't get past the twilight wall from the other side. The Ordon spring warp never gets activated if you don't get sword and shield.
Yeah, this plus having to do things like Ordon Day1/2, fishing out water bombs, etc. made me think it's slower. Maybe I'll sit down and time it one day when I'm bored.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: