ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:39:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 177286 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »

Alright, I completed the rest of the child section, so everything is confirmed to work out. Also, should we pick up Din's Fire on our way to the ToT at the end? I know you can skip the part where you need it at trials, and we're doing Shadow early so getting in isn't a problem, but as far as I know there isn't a Din's Fire skip for the Boss Key room. I'll just add that to the route, but for now I'm off to plan the adult route.
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »

I'm thinking this would work out for adult:

Hookshot
Forest
Ice
Water
Fire
Shadow
Spirit

(No shadow early because I don't think the risk/reward ratio is good enough)
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »

What do you mean risk/reward? Shadow Early is just difficult. There's no risk.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »

Doesn't ISG only work if you're dead, then collect a heart?
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »

Oh yeah, MST is single seg. In that case, yes. Yes Shadow Early is a risk.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 02:08:43 AM »

Single-segment is not the same as Real Time Attack. RTA allows resetting, and zelda poeple generally do RTA.
Oh, and do we need the iron boots to get water boss key? I'm not sure Ice cavern is necessary.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »

Even in RTA, it would waste alot of time and bombs if you failed it once. The only reward being not having to watch the shadow cutscene. As for the water temple, it's going to be a BITCH to route. There is this glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB6Thj2FEMg) that allows OoB clips with Iron boots, which opens up all new possibilities. I'm pretty sure we have to have Iron boots, unless you plan on spell diving everywhere. Also this if it helps at all ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqCyRDuD7E )
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:46:15 AM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 05:22:50 AM »

After messing around with that clip for a while I couldn't manage to find anything useful with, because even though I'm sure something could be done, the majority of the temple is unloaded. I think for now we may just have to do the dungeon normally, until something comes up. In that case, water can't be first because we need the bow.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »

This is why you guys need Shadow first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D85nw59lcI

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »

I found a cool trick jump (that might be old) to skip some rooms on the way to the boss key without iron OR hover boots and Ill add a video in this post when i can record it. But Im not sure how small key needy we are if we do it because I did it on a completed file, you will also need irons or lowered water to get there because just cutscene diving isnt enough.

Im about to get a file so I can work on the whole temple not needing either boots, hopefully it happens?

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »

Alright, after messing around with the Water Temple OoB glitch for a while and doing other stuff, I can conclude that:

You know that room that has the spikes to prevent you from climbing up and has a hookshot target on the other side that requires the longshot, which also leads to the boss key? Well, with the OoB glitch and the water all the way up you can almost land on the other side of the spikes, in fact you an actually land in the water and swim just underneath the floor past the spikes, but you can't get up. (Also, that route requires 2 keys to get to the boss key.) Theoretically, if we had the hoverboots we would be able to skip the longshot ONLY IF I could get that clip past the spikes to work (spoiler: I can't). Honestly, this is physically hurting me to do. ugh.

Aaanyway, for Forest we can just grab the bow and TSC into unloaded basment to the boss room.

Fire can techinicaly be done with first, with only 6 hearts, but at least 7 would be prefered.

Spirit can literally be done on a whim, as it doesn't require anything but the hookshot and we already have Requim of Spirit.

Shadow early is being considered now Tongue
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:19:03 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »

You know that room that has the spikes to prevent you from climbing up and has a hookshot target on the other side that requires the longshot, which also leads to the boss key? Well, with the OoB glitch and the water all the way up you can almost land on the other side of the spikes, in fact you an actually land in the water and swim just underneath the floor past the spikes, but you can't get up. (Also, that route requires 2 keys to get to the boss key.) Theoretically, if we had the hoverboots we would be able to skip the longshot ONLY IF I could get that clip past the spikes to work (spoiler: I can't). Honestly, this is physically hurting me to do. ugh.

Just get into that room normally, and use the hoverboots to cross from in bounds...
I guess we are getting iron AND hover boots. Fml.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »

Dos problemos, hombre. 1, the spikes are higher than the platform you stand on, so no megaflips/hoverslides/recoil boosts because you just get sent straight into the spikes, and 2, hoverboots actually would not help because I haven't been able to do a hoverslide across to the longshot platform (that leads to the boss room). But then again I suck at hoverslides, give it a shot yourself.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvwB0phzF0I

Full route for the water temple that requires NO iron boots, NO zora tunic and NO longshot.

Does require hoverboots. And yes taylortot, I just tried the hoverslide and it works.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:19:34 PM by gamestabled » Logged

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »

Holy shit

You are such a bro

Thank you.. So much Shocked

But really, thanks alot. And holy hell, how do you hoverslide that far? The fuck am I doing wrong?

But boy, is shadow early tough. After trying for an hour I only managed to get ISG once Sad

Last note, new dungeon order is looking like:

Shadow
Water
Forest
Fire
Spirit
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:44:17 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: