ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:55:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Swords Adventures Discussion  (Read 61095 times)
LTTP
Regular Guay

O EM GEE!

« on: May 25, 2012, 06:28:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_GSSPpl6vA&list=UUqMrmotlRQk1uG358ffbrlQ&index=1&feature=plcp
I found a glitch, quite a long long time ago, first time i played Zelda 4 swords on gamecube, was found by mistake the first time I did 1-1 from spamming roll.
From what I know, this glitch is not in the records, really just posting this to confirm its not know and to show it off to everyone.

The way this is done, maybe it could be done in other levels with similar rooms.

Thanks to Theonly0 for letting me upload this!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:38:10 PM by mzxrules » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 06:51:20 AM »

That looks so suspiciously like a cheat code. I love it, will try it out maybe.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
LTTP
Regular Guay

O EM GEE!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »

O Trust me its not :3
Sergih
Deku Scrub

FSA Goat

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »

if anyone has seen the FSA TAS, you will see that it's possible to make a shortcut on the holes.
Well I've done it without TASing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVLiDQijOU
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:28:24 PM by mzxrules » Logged
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »

You mean there is a FSA TAS somewhere...? :O
That trick is very nice btw! Should probably be useful at more places in the game!

May the Triforce be with you.
Sergih
Deku Scrub

FSA Goat

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »

You mean there is a FSA TAS somewhere...? :O
That trick is very nice btw! Should probably be useful at more places in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Hb3uXrEnY
is pretty good Tongue
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »

So how do you do the hole skip thing?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Sergih
Deku Scrub

FSA Goat

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »

1: Holding C Stick beside the wall (you'll get stuck)
2: C Stick Up + Rolling
3: Make a Sword atack until link touches the ground (as shown in the video)
4: Press 'X' to change Link, you will fall
5: At least one Link will be in the other side of the hole
6: Press 'X' again, and done :d
LTTP
Regular Guay

O EM GEE!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »

Glad to see glitches popping up for this game!

The only zelda I really have interest in speed running Tongue

hope to see more soon!

ima give this a try!
Zmaster91
Deku Scrub

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »

With the help of Sergi's thread, I found a huge skip in 2-2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAnr-2oSfE

I really hope this applies in other places to be useful. 

Also, I don't have a video of it, but it is possible to do this in co-op (2 players).  Although, it is extremely hard compared to doing it just by yourself.  If people are interested I can try to make a video of it.

I hope to pick this game up and interest a couple other people also.

Sergih
Deku Scrub

FSA Goat

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 01:31:26 AM »

Nice work  Shocked

I discovered a new glitch/strat where Link can fly  q:  I think is better than this one.
I'm making a video of it
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:15:03 AM by Sergi » Logged
Sergih
Deku Scrub

FSA Goat

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 05:24:46 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOE9eVCK-N4&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for the quality.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:28:16 AM by Sergi » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 05:32:07 PM »

I've merged the couple Four Swords Adventures threads together because there isn't nearly enough discussion going on to need so many different threads.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:37:32 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Geno
Deku Scrub

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »

Finally got my account registered! Thanks mzx!

Anyway, I've been messing around with ILs in this game for the past couple months, with the intention of doing a single segment run eventually. I'm so glad there's actually an interest in this game now. We are a budding community Smiley. I've mostly been trying to recreate ZekonDo's/SDA's ILs, and looking into incorporating the gap skip (or whatever we're calling it) sergi found wherever I can.

Unfortunately, this is my first speed game and I'm kind of a baddy. I did however get a 2-2 time that cut the SDA time by a couple minutes using the sequence break zmaster described. I didn't have a capture card at the time though so it doesn't mean shit >_>. But I just got my cap card working the other day so now I can start recording attempts. I'm sure zmaster will shatter that time though, he seems pretty great at this game.

I've found a few small optimizations in the course of doing ILs. I'll just go over gap skips for now.

For the upwards gap skip (1-1, 2-2), I've found that mashing R+B works, but it's faster to press B then roll a fraction of a second later. I'll try and make a vid when I have time, but I'm sure you can figure it out yourselves. You can usually get red link over there in 1 or two tries of pressing B then R. Probably something to do with removing green links collision detection on sword swings or something, idk. The one problem I have with this skip is that the purple/blue links sometimes push each other into the gap after you drop, which is a big time waster. Not sure how to prevent this really.

In 1-1, the TAS also does a left gap skip in the cave after the waterfall. I've messed around a lot here and haven't found a way to recreate this in game. Does anyone know what inputs the TAS uses to do this? This could save like 5 seconds or so, maybe more.

In 2-1, the beach level, you can do a right gap skip in the cave by the house, but it has kind of tricky timing. My method:

slash pot
hug bottom wall
hold c-left (diamond)
hold right
roll right (mash R)
hover to bat
let go of everything and slash the bat
rehold right, c-left, and mash R again
hover to the right edge
face link to the right
hold right and c-up (long) then press R a fraction of a second after
Mash X as one of the links rolls to land

Red or blue link should roll to land if you do it correctly. It's also possible to hover around the corner and drop your links off to the right of that vertical stretch of blackness, but it's ridiculously hard and very inconsistent. Probably faster though. I forget the exact inputs unfortunately.

I actually died so many times trying to get a consistent method for this that I got a weird glitch where red link was permanently dead and was controllable in the same way that dead links in co-op control. It was really weird, I wish I had recorded it.

Zmaster already went over the 2-2 skip. It's exactly the same as 1-1, really.

2-3 seems like it has a lot of potential to be broken. If you could hover over the large gap at the beginning you could skip arrows, and there are enough force gems after this area that it would be fine to sequence break.

Haven't messed around with the cloud area gap skips sergi found. I'm doing ILs sequentially so it won't be awhile til I get there. That looks really cool though, I didn't know you could do this skip in the non-GBA portions of the game. I'm also really interested to know how you're doing these in co-op too! Also interested in learning how to fly >_>.

Anyway, I took a month long break from this game so I'll be derusting before I start doing new ILs. I left off at 2-3, only routed out like half the level though.
Zmaster91
Deku Scrub

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 04:18:27 AM »

Hey Geno! Nice to see you here  Smiley.  When I play again I really want to try your method of getting the other link over during the gap skip, I never really understood it. 

Thanks for sharing that 2-1 method, my way of doing it was really inconsistent, so I discarded it.  I'll definitely try that out.

When I was practicing that damn skip, the glitch where the rest of your people die was so aggravating.  I couldn't take it anymore haha.

I have actually done that skip you mentioned in the TAS.  I don't remember the exact way to get to the opposite side, but it wasn't hard to figure out.  I'm assuming you're having trouble just getting on the ledge after your next to it.  What you need to do is jump slash and then press x so that your red guy's momentum during the jump slash puts him on the ledge.  Then you can switch to him and go along.  It was pretty difficult iirc.  Still might be helpful in later levels.  I haven't messed around with that in a couple weeks so I could maybe try it again.  This would seriously make 1-1 the hardest IL ever haha.

I guess I can address how to do it in co-op.  I'll try to write it out, hopefully in makes sense. 

1. Make one player have three links
2. Do the gap skip (what the hell are we calling this...) 
NOTE: This is substantially harder than in one player.  You need to mash up on the gameboy and R.  It is very finicky and precise, but it is the same concept.
WLOG let's say player one did the skip, then usually the blue link would be on the other side while the purple and green links are on the starting side. 
3. Then player one should choose to be blue and player two should line themselves up right next to the purple link.
4.  At the same time player one press L and player two presses R and what should happen is player two picks up the purple link to be on their team. (this part is kind of hit or miss)
At this point, player one is on the other side while player two is still the initial side, each player has two links.
5.  Now player two does the gap skip thing but only to the point where they are close enough to the ledge so that player one can just pick them up.
6.  Player one can just then throw them on their side, and player two will then fall in the hole and appear on the other side.

The reason why this is so convoluted is that I didn't find away to get the other side with just two people on your team.  It seemed you needed at least 3.  Then getting the other player over there was other hurdle to figure out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: