ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 01:08:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Temporary Wrong Warp Archive  (Read 29023 times)
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 07:33:14 AM »

You are wrong on this point. The prior cutscene stored is the title introduction which plays before file select.
This is definitely correct.

Sockfolder and I confirmed the theory that the previous cutscene watched before doing a wrong warp (both with a death and with BA Farore's Wind) affects the warp. Some of the previously noted crashes were no longer crashing, meaning that the values of every feasible cutscene need to be recorded and tested with all three warp locations, using every possible location > location combination. I say every feasible cutscene because some cutscenes like Kokori Emerald CS have multiple values (I think it has like 9, the value changes every time it transitions to a new area), so only the end value is going to be important. In an additional note to this, some cutscenes CAN have 2 different values, such as skipping ZL gives you the initial value, while watching the whole cutscene gives you the end value (because you transition to Hyrule Field with Impa). None of the blue warps will have more than one [relevant] value, because you can't skip the cutscene and still get the initial value, because it doesn't actually set it until you get into the Sacred Realm, or wherever.

I'm working on collecting a list of values for every [feasible] cutscene. I'll add it and it's values to the wrong warp page whenever it is finished, and then everyone with working knowledge of MHS can help start testing the locations again with the different cs values. Smiley

EDIT: The above also explains why it was reported the Deku > DC wrong warp didn't work on console and why the Fire > Forest wrong warp didn't work on emulator. Both were confirmed to work today by simply changing the previously watched cutscene value.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:38:15 AM by Pheenoh » Logged

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

You are wrong on this point. The prior cutscene stored is the title introduction which plays before file select.
To be honest I was expecting to be technically incorrect in that post, I had no values or anything up while testing and I knew there were other guys like sockfolder that could do it better or find out more about it. But I wanted to at least make this part clear: If you do save + reset then the deku wrong warp will give you the infinite OoB and if you enter deku tree, watch the entry cutscene, and then do it it works. And that's what was confusing a lot of people. So now they could do it in races or include it in routes and know for sure it was going to work or not.

But that brings up an interesting point: What if you start your file from the bolero or nabooru title cutscenes? Are they different? I would think they are but they might also cause infinite OoBs.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:59 PM »

I was thinking the same thing last night when you made your previous post, but IIRC you can't reach the file select during those "demo" cutscenes without going back to the title intro.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »

I was thinking the same thing last night when you made your previous post, but IIRC you can't reach the file select during those "demo" cutscenes without going back to the title intro.
Again, correct. It makes the "file loaded" sound, but takes you back to the main cutscene where you're riding around on Epona before you actually advance to file select.

<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 03:20:48 AM »

Has aleckermit or anybody tested this stuff on iQue? i really want that to be the optimal speedrunning version for some strange reason  Grin

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtgJVCF3CU3vdE9rRFV4dmVneWl2M3JVLTVQb1lRcnc#gid=0

I had planned on finishing this, but there's still some unknown factors that affect the wrong warping other than the previously watched cutscene (both rg and I have somehow managed to make deku cs warp work after a savewarp before), so I'm just gonna leave it be for now. There's some cs values and a little bit of fwww testing sock did in there if anyone is interested.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »

Man, this should have been obvious from the start.

801CA208 contains a pointer value that points to the cutscene LOADED INTO RAM. This means that when wrong warping to an undefined cutscene, there's the potential that the game can crash because the old cutscene data has become corrupt simply by playing the game.

From this, I have also discovered why DT and DC do not result in the same warps. Entering the DC boss chamber overwrites the cutscene data for the intro.

Edit: Interesting... The weird Jabu Jabu wrong warp sets the pointer value to 80376F60, but doesn't actually load it's own cutscene, it's just the Jabu Jabu Fountain scene data cutscenes are loaded on scene entry so scratch that.

EDIT2: Big discovery here. The cutscene data (the data being pointed by 1CA208) is loaded depending on which map of some scene is loaded. This means a few things

• Entering a different scene can overwrite the cutscene data. For example, loading the DC boss room overwrites the block of ram where the title screen cutscene data is written to, which explains why DC wrong warp crashes when DT doesn't on the FW table
  • Entering a different map (room) on the same scene can overwrite the cutscene data. I observed this with the "Is that... the Master Sword" cutscene in the Temple of Time
  • If cutscene data is overwritten, it can be restored by re-entering the same map (room) in a scene, meaning that cutscene data is loaded with the map (room) itself.
  • All cutscenes for a map should be loaded at the same time, presumably in a table of some sorts
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:24:57 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »

Fatalis did some assembly dumpings, but sadly I don't read MIPS http://dl.dropbox.com/u/422005/ww_re.zip

Edit: Slightly different theory on how the game calculates which entrance to use when playing a cutscene. Instead of adding a constant +4, I believe a constant +20 is added instead, and the cutscene offset is treated as a signed short. This would mean that if you were to fwww with the Deku Tree entrance stored in FW and use the Gohma blue warp, the math works like so...

0000h + 0014h + FFF1h = 0005h

Did more testing, and the last digit of this number determines what cutscene is set up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:00:19 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 06:39:56 AM »

More fun stuff.

One thing that I've discovered that is causing a few crashes with some wrong warp combinations is invalid scene setups.

Scene setups are basically collections of actors. Different actor collections are used to differentiate between day/night and child/adult areas.

When 8011A5DA (the cutscene / entrance offset) is set between FFF0-FFFF, the scene setup is typically set to a value between 04 and 13, depending on what the last digit of the cutscene / entrance offset is. 

Now, what I've discovered is that Zora's River -> Zora's Domain wrong warp with Fire Temple (which sets FFF3) fails not because Zora's Domain only has so many cutscenes, but that  but because there is no 07 scene setup for Zora's Fountain.

Another thing I discovered, is that when you leave Kokiri Forest to go to the bridge for the first time, you end up going to the normal Lost Woods entrance in order to play that cutscene.

Braid
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: