ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 11:31:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT Sightseeing Race #1 - Sunday, Sept 2 at 1 p.m. EDT  (Read 12896 times)
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

Less than 2 hours, probably.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 08:02:21 PM »

Great race! I'll definitely do more as long as they are as short as this one.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:33 AM »

results here: http://www.speedrunslive.com/raceresult/#!/23632

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »

What is the last on, on the bottom right? The gate before hyrule castle, as child?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 07:49:21 AM »

Dems some easy looking pics. I wish i could've done it

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »

Oh wow, I realized I did the one in Death Mountain Crater wrong; the smaller version posted on SRL made it look like the view was from the bottom part you warp to with the Bolero of Fire.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 07:26:19 PM »

This is the same image I linked to in the race...

.dq, banned forever

This turned out reasonably well. In the future I would probably work on balancing a little more (making the easy-to-reach screenshots in obscure locations and the easy-to-recognize in time-consuming places) whereas these shots were mostly taken artfully rather than strategically, which is rather dumb for a competition.

Runnerguy suggested that in incarnations we could make it so rupee, c-button, heart, item counts in the screenshots have to match for it to count, which would add a huge layer of strategy. Thoughts on that?
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »

Yeah, it was the same image, but the image was resized when you posted it and I saw it a bit differently. I got in last anyway (aside from the forfeits) so it's not a big deal.

That suggestion could work out. I thought the best part of this race was I can do it with any route and with mostly any items I wanted to. I don't like the rupee count idea because then it could extend to getting the Adult/Giant's Wallet, which would require Gold Skulltulas and those can get messy. If the items you choose for the C-buttons are already pretty much required (Bombs, Chus), then I don't see a problem with it. I think Heart count would be great too, so you'd have to go find some Heart Pieces for the view to be legit. It would increase the length of the race, but to compensate you can maybe have fewer pictures?
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 12:46:03 AM »

No, I mean the image I linked in the goal and in this thread are the exact same, resolution and everything. They're both the same imgur link.

Not that it matters, anyway. I don't care.

Getting the Adult Wallet is the least of worries as that's only 10 GS. The hard thing would be having to get/spend the right amount of rupees.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: