ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:10:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Temporary Wrong Warp Archive  (Read 29018 times)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »

I did that video on v1.0 as well so it should be same! In video you pressed A button too early. Press it later when you HUD is about to go white. Watch my video more closely and you will get it Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »

Deku Tree "Boss" Door skip via wrong map warp

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »

I did that video on v1.0 as well so it should be same! In video you pressed A button too early. Press it later when you HUD is about to go white. Watch my video more closely and you will get it Smiley

I watched your video again and timed it just right multiple times, but the screen always stays white forever. I have concluded that it simply doesn't work on the emulator (PJ64 1.6, at least). Here's my latest attempt.
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:28 AM »

I watched your video again and timed it just right multiple times, but the screen always stays white forever. I have concluded that it simply doesn't work on the emulator (PJ64 1.6, at least). Here's my latest attempt.

1) I think you should post in the trick help section
2) It's a frame perfect trick, it's going to be hard. But I'm pretty shure it works on pj64 since other people have done it

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 02:42:00 AM »

Oh, it's frame perfect? No wonder then, lol. Thanks!
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 04:17:40 AM »

On the Farore's Wind wrong warp table it says that.

Goron City -> Death Mountain Crater with Deku Tree blue warp causes the Bolero Cutscene start into Title screen, but DC blue warp causes a crash. But when I tested on emu I didn't get a crash... Can someone double check this on console?

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 07:46:35 AM »

Is it possible to get to the child market as an adult in the daytime? Is it also possible to use Farore's Wind inside the Child Shooting Gallery? When I use Windy B and go into the child market Link is unable to move.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:07:16 AM by Kimimaru » Logged
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »

1) I think you should post in the trick help section
2) It's a frame perfect trick, it's going to be hard. But I'm pretty shure it works on pj64 since other people have done it

It's frame perfect trick. I have tried it on protect64 1.7 and with U1.2 rom. It worked with that. Then I did it again on console with NTSC n64 and U 1.0 version. Both worked for me. It seems pretty weird to me it doesn't seems to work on you for some reason weird. You are sure about that you set FW inside of impa's house where cow is?

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »

I actually got it working after several more attempts, so thanks for that!

EDIT: I still need help getting into the Child Shooting Gallery with Farore's Wind usable. It just doesn't seem possible without cheats (even if I wanted to use cheats I wouldn't be able to do it because my "use any item in any house" cheat doesn't work).
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:39:15 AM by Kimimaru » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:37 PM »

I actually got it working after several more attempts, so thanks for that!

EDIT: I still need help getting into the Child Shooting Gallery with Farore's Wind usable. It just doesn't seem possible without cheats (even if I wanted to use cheats I wouldn't be able to do it because my "use any item in any house" cheat doesn't work).
To be able to use Farore's Wind indoors where the B Button is disabled, you're supposed to pay Ingo for a ride (and must not have gotten Epona yet) and warped off from there. Now you can use it indoors. While under this effect, all c-items are disabled except for the Ocarina, and songs played on it won't do anything. Performing some actions, such as swimming or climbing a ladder, will disable the B button. To return the game state to normal simply return to Lon Lon Ranch during the day.

So, looking at the incomplete Table of Warps, let's not forget to set a warp point where the spoiled trade items (Odd Mushroom, Eyeball Frog, Eyedrops) take you, as well as the end of some cutscenes including the jail. The jail have two different warps, with the jail itself as well as outside the carpenter's tent you are thrown to if you don't have the Hookshot.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:36:30 PM by Jeville » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 12:40:16 AM »

Yes, I understand that, but whenever I use Windy B and go into the child market, Link is frozen. I can't move or do anything, and I haven't had this problem anywhere else.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »

So your problem isn't being unable to use it indoors, but being unable to move around in the child Market? See the Table of Warps and try a different combination of getting you there.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »

Blargh, we need to figure out how cutscenes are leading to game crashes with wrong warping

<+sockfolder> iirc with fw in dc boss room, collossus cs was cause it to crash
<+sockfolder> causing
<+sockfolder> (cs for entering that area)
<+sockfolder> I think dmc cs had text that bled into the warp, but the warp did work
<+sockfolder> this was pj64 1.7, oot1.0 btw
<mzxrules> what do you mean
<mzxrules> you watched the collossus cs and then tried fw?
<+sockfolder> so here was my setup where I figured it out
<+sockfolder> set fw in dc boss room (this was my original savestate)
<+sockfolder> run somewhere else and watch an area intro cs
<+sockfolder> fw back to dc, reset fw point
<+sockfolder> then do the fwww and see if you crash or not

Edit: Modifying 1CA208 (I believe it's a long type value), I was able to change which cutscene played when wrong warping from DC Boss -> Gohma from DC. Specifically, I was able to take a savestate that had last scene the gauntlets cutscene and wrong warped into gohma while playing the requiem cutscene, and vice versa.

Edit 2: I've done a considerable amount of testing today, and I have a theory as to why wrong scene cutscenes occurs.

The DC Boss scene does not have any cutscenes listed on the entrance table, so perhaps when the game goes into cutscene mode through the wrong warp, no "next" cutscene is set and the last one is used instead.

One other thing I did discover is that the floor is not solid? during these wrong scene cutscenes. For whatever reason, you get wedged out of bounds if you hit the floor.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:58:43 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 03:06:04 AM »

I discovered something today while doing some 100% route testing that I wanted to at least mention on the forums. It turns out the deku tree wrong warp through a death is possible both as child and adult, and on console.

After seeing sva do the deku tree death warp as an adult (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrNxePJ3Sw) but where he couldn't do it as a child, I wanted to work it into the 100% route. I found out that it was even giving me the infinite OoB as an adult, but only after I was doing something in the Deku Tree (if I instantly entered the tree, and did the wrong warp it worked). My stream was trying to figure out what was causing it and finally I realized it was likely to be the fact that you save + reset the console. This is why it was believed to not be possible on console, because any console player would have of course saved in the deku tree before testing, and then probably failed their first try before a setup was found, thus needing a reset.

The key is the deku tree entry cutscene. That allows the warp to work. If you have a save + reset, you don't have a prior cutscene watched on that file, so when you try the wrong warp it will give you the infinite OoB. So again this depends on the last cutscene watched just like almost all the others with FW. If you have watched other cutscenes as your last cutscene, you can either get the wrong warp or have your game freeze...depending on which cutscene. But if you do the deku entry cutscene, then do the deku wrong warp, it will not freeze or give you infinite OoB.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:07 AM »

If you have a save + reset, you don't have a prior cutscene watched on that file, so when you try the wrong warp it will give you the infinite OoB.

You are wrong on this point. The prior cutscene stored is the title introduction which plays before file select.

Braid
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: