ZSR Forums
April 29, 2024, 04:39:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234863 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2012, 05:11:22 AM »

What did you do to get yourself close to the wall?
On the right side of the wall, part of it sticks out(not the white part, the brown wall) near the right corner next to the TOT wall....so I was able to do a double run up.

In the 4th dungeon you used zombies to get a little higher. Would regular moblins work the same way? There are two moblins when you first get to this area and make it past.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »

Well, moblins could get some more height. If anything, the way we will get over will not be at the temple itself, but rather the cliffs around the whole area. Final strike, highflip, idk.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:19 AM »

Well, haven't had a chance yet to find out of those areas are solid or not. Hope they are.
Hmm, how would final strike even give us more height for the TOT.

The only way I can think of is if we could push a moblin through a wall.

BTW, when I was in lake floria area. I saw this skull and pushed it straight enough that it went through the wall. I only managed to do this once, and the wall was slanted.
By slanted, I mean this. If you stood against the wall and did a moon jump, you would be pushed back as you went higher.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2012, 11:13:21 PM »

Well, i have tested the walls around the ToT area. They are solid on top for a long ways out. Still, I don't like talking about this, as it seems so out of reach and its been speculated about since the game first came out. And I believe you mean boboklin, as there are no moblins close to ToT. A boboklin could get height the same way as it does for the basement skip, by doing a final strike with a wall that juts out infront of you. I see no area that would work for this.

Pushing an object through a wall is much more different than pushing an enemy, as enemies are specifically programmed not to go through walls, where objects, as I would guess, are programmed to exist, but aren't worried too much about collisions.
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #259 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »

I realize loading data from other files(even threw a glitch) is against the rules in a speedrun. But an exception was made for Oot 3ds. New game+. I was wondering if a similar category could be used in skyward sword useing BIT to load cutscenes from a different file.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »

Well, NG+ is already used. Starting a race in hero mode is technically NG+. But using other premade files will never be accepted in an official any%/harp run. Perhaps a fun race, but it would need to be a special category.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »

I realize loading data from other files(even threw a glitch) is against the rules in a speedrun. But an exception was made for Oot 3ds. New game+. I was wondering if a similar category could be used in skyward sword useing BIT to load cutscenes from a different file.

Loading data from other files isn't against SDA's rules as long as they are created during the run.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »

For BiT, I can save at a bird statue then go into another area and die there right? For example, I save at a statue in an area with no monsters, go right into a different loading zone and die quickly there.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »

Most people use the corrupt "insta-death" save to activate BiT

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2012, 04:13:26 PM »

I know that, but I tried to activate BiT in the waterfall cave, (killing link inside) and it did not work.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #265 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:43 AM »

Some maps just won't work. I think I've got it in the waterfall cave, idk. I know it won't work in the boss trials and demise.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2012, 04:25:38 AM »

There are a bunch of areas that you can't die in to activate BiT. Some of these places include:
  • Inside the Isle of Songs
  • The Waterfall Cave
  • Sequences
  • Bosses

Mind you, you can save in one of these areas (ie the Isle of the Songs) and then go outside to kill yourself to activate BiT. Although mzx was right, in this situation you'd save then load your corrupt file.

So to sum it up, yes you can just go into another area to die.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »

When I was playing SS yesterday I did make this picture for skyview temple BITWW. I was thinking should we do this for all areas of the game and upload them to SS section of ZSR? That would be much more better in my oppinion than having table to tell where you warp. Same way with this you can also add explanation if that spot is usefull at all and tell if you can use it for something. Is this good idea or is it just waste of time? Numerical order is same as picture on the first page of this forum.

Here is picture what I did:

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »

Hrm, that sounds like a good idea actually. It would be a nice way to tell whether any of the OoB spots are close enough to the level to be almost useful... I never thought of checking the map when I used them <.< But yeah I'm all for it.
Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »

This sounds like a great idea. I would help contribute if my little bro didnt delete his file on the game (put over 200 hours into it just to delete it and start over, even though there was still a blank file -_-)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: