ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:06:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234790 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2012, 01:54:57 AM »

I'm currently looking into that. Using cheats I saved way up in the air, and now when I load the file I start up high in the air. So it's definitely a fact.
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »

Hmm Just an idea I had, If you copy/delete a file, then save, so the copy/delete action happens before the save action, does it allow movement? If so we could stall the save..seems doubtful though..OMG i started a new game as goddess sword cutscene started, This time the cutscene actually played omg. Because there was no previous XYZ location. Holy shit if the same effect works with skykeep ill shit myself.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:12:20 AM by red hawk1001 » Logged
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2012, 02:27:32 AM »

Omgomg skykeep cutscene is playing on a new file omfg. Battaries dies right as it started. Someone test this out please. Have one file with skykeep open, one file not started. Do BIT save over file with skykeep open/you have the eye. Now pick up a fruit spawning your inventory, Now walk up to the statue. Press A to load your new file and right as it loads file run foward and press A on the statue. Cutscene will play on a new game~ Good news and bad news. Skykeep is open but no way to get to it, and since the game now thinks your at that point, there is no way to get your bird back. But I have a theory..what if it doesnt have to be a new game? What if it can be any file that when loaded plays a cutscene(like link wakeing up from bed) if that where the case we could activate it later on down the line..Sadly all this is pointless seeing as it loads data from a file further in the game :\

Okay so it doesnt have to be a new file thank god, as long as the file your loading starts in a cutscene(which we can make any file like that by placing slab in bit). So we can open skykeep at anypoint. Also I skipped the GS. Just loaded a file right as cutscene starts opening faron. File has to start in a cutscene. Now your swordless, and do not have the bird but I do have other theories to skip needing the bird to fly alltogether, Ill get testing on em right away.

Allright it worked, Kinda, you still need a file that has the bird unlocked but anyways. I think I've come up with a faster route, and skip zelda's cutscene. First off start a new file. Die, BIT. Creat a corrupt file. Now enter a building/exit a bulding while loading a file. You will be outside In real skyloft. Go activate cutscene to get bird to spawn. S an Q. Activate BIT. Head to cave, either load the file as you enter cave or exit it, does not matter which(I dont think). Now save bird, when prompted to save and quit. Activate BIT again. Head to goddess statue. Now you could do one of two things depending if skipping the sword will fuck you over or not. Either load a file as you enter goddess statue(if you want to get the sword) pull it out and put in slab, or if you want to skip sword, actually now that i think about it skipping the sword will take longer then getting it because you would have to load the file, pull the sword, leave go past zeldas cutscene, S and Q, come back in BIT, activate slab as you start a NEW file. S and Q. go BIT save over your file with bird, Jump off ledge, call bird, as you do load file, you will be in the sky with out ever getting the bird. Obviously skipping the sword would be stupid in a speedrun, even if it wouldn't screw you over(which im sure it will). But hey, if it doesnt, I'd love a swordless challenge :3

Also skykeep as soon as you get hookshot(aginst rules do to haveing to use data from a file further ahead). But all you do is get hookshot, S and Q. BIT. Go to goddess statue, place slab while in BIT(make sure you load area with a file selected that hasnt placed first slab). Click a file that has Sword(assuming the one I just mentioned doesnt have it). Skyward strike thingymabob(no clue what it is, whatever makes the slab pop up). Let cutsene play, when promted to S and Q(make sure your hookshot file is selected). BIT again. Save over a file that has unlocked skykeep/has the missing eye. Grab fruit, make sure you have the correct file selected. Go infront of statue, but not too close to it. Press A to load your file that just got Hookshot. Run foward and press A on statue, If timed correct, you will load your file but the cutscene will play. Skykeep early Cheesy Stupid rules tho >.>

Edit: Major flaw in this route i did not realize. You still need your sword to rescue your bird..but you could always grab the training one along the way..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:56:50 AM by red hawk1001 » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2012, 06:47:34 AM »

Uh...make a video...got confused. Wink
red hawk1001
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2012, 07:01:11 AM »

No way of recording but which part did you get confused by? Basically, when you load a file right as a cutscene starts, you are placed on the map that cutscene took place in. But if the file your loading has a cutscene when you start it up, it confuses the game and plays the cutscene you activated BIT. Doing different cutscenes can lead to skipping the sword, and early skykeep(we still need hookshot, and since you cannot activate the statue while In BIT enless you have the items loaded of a file that has unlocked skykeep its aginst the rules to use that data). Plain in simple, BIT. Use saveing and fruit to spawn B button and items. Go up to statue. Press A to load a file that will cause a cutscene(ie a new game or the cutscene where link wakes up). Run up to statue and press A. Pressing A too early causes a freeze, but the timeing is not that bad.

If someone would be kind enough to record these finds i would be much appreciated.

Random idea, what if I warp into the training grounds cutscene, would i spawn flying or would i fall infinitly lol

lol first dead end with skipping the sword is right when you get to sealed grounds lmao..

Also I have a theory for anyone who did the harp run. Go BIT, put in slab, select your harp file. Save and quit when it prompts you to. Go Bit again. Pull sword from pedastal, click your file before you charge it. Charge it. When text box is done, press A to continue and Press A to load file at the same time. You will be placed in the goddess chamber with zelda's dad. It could be a long shot but then again you never know till you try:\

Even if that theory fails I have another one that will get your sailcloth back, but would defeat the purpose of skipping it in the first place.First off you need to put your file into the waking up cutscene. You also need a file still in the race save. BIT. Save over your harp file, or race file, either should work. Before jumping off bridge make sure the race file is selected. Jump off, fly, enter the training ground thing. Once it is about to end, you need to click load on your harp file. (File has to load right as cutscene for race starts). It should work just like any other cutscene warp. (have not gotten around to testing it but see no reason why it shouldn't). Finish race. Get sailcloth. Do jump into circle thing. After that just say fuck you to fi when she wants you to follow her. Lol even if she asks you to follow her but even if that where the case all you would have to do WW into a room with a bed. Which I guess would save some time because you don't have to follow fi? Like i said I have not tested this, let alone much at all with training grounds/race. So i honestly don't know. But hopefully my first theory works out.

Also dont skip the bird. Its a waiste of time, because you have to BITW every time you want to leave. You can land in other zones because they dont require dpad down.  But you would be screw'd over when you have to fight the flying whale.(don't know his name, nor do i care).

Also anyone have the second or third slab but have yet to place it? I reccomend messing around with those cutscenes while in BIT.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:46:28 AM by red hawk1001 » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »

I'll record this later today(assuming it's super easy).
Assuming we only need the hookshot to reach it, I can just float across or give myself hookshot early just for testing.

edit: Haven't recorded but I assumed you meant we can get to Skykeep early, but you only predicted this.
What do you mean by early anyways? Possible to skip the Hero Song quest?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:05:47 PM by KingOfHeart » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

I'll record this later today(assuming it's super easy).
Assuming we only need the hookshot to reach it, I can just float across or give myself hookshot early just for testing.

edit: Haven't recorded but I assumed you meant we can get to Skykeep early, but you only predicted this.
What do you mean by early anyways? Possible to skip the Hero Song quest?

This is a wild guess after reading "Basically, when you load a file right as a cutscene starts, you are placed on the map that cutscene took place in." but I think he means that during BiT we have to load a save file and activate the cutscene that gives you access to skykeep at the same time, and as a result you will be able to enter skykeep on the file you loaded.
We can easily get stone of trials during BiT with http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/BiT/loading-data-on-the-title-screen
But this would require you to actually have another save file with the stone of trials, which isn't allowed in a speedrun anyway. Unless we can get the stone of trials during BiT without having another file, I can't really remember if this is possible.

This would most likely skip the song quest if it is possible, but it would only be possible with the use of a file that already gave the stone of trials.

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »

If you already have the stone of trials then how is it considered early?
Still working on the timing.

edit: I also plan on recording the different BIT glitches.
First video is the basic BIT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SKIBXEcQU
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:24:10 PM by KingOfHeart » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2012, 12:31:37 AM »

O man, so much text over the day I was out >_>. Glad the BiT research grounds are being revived.

First, keep in mind a BiT video already exists: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al4upuRjwCk. Although it is somewhat long and boring. Improvements are welcome, but it is prefered if you add content.

Second, I'm more interested in early Thunderhead than skykeep. I can see of no way to get the stone early with current known glitches. On the other hand, there have been cases of the thunderhead cutscene playing in BiT after getting the harp. One such instance happened right after a Harp Run, so all my other files started empty. This would skip probably about 30 minutes. Unfortunately, that probably also would not work, as that cutscene does not load an area like the skykeep/tablet/sword/etc cutscenes. Worth looking into imo.

Third, as for the lock with skipping the Sail, getting into the headmaster's room is no problem, as his room is never locked. The lock takes place when you need to meet Lavius (The whale/Sky Spirit). The problem is that Instructors Orwel's room is locked, (The guy who teaches you the spiral charge).

Fourth, Corrupt files in weird places has been done before. The cutscene plays, and then you die.

Fifth, As soon as you select Save, the game will "lock" link until the save is done. So you can't delete/save and move around.

I hope I covered everything...
Guys, please read through the entire thread, before posting "new" info.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2012, 01:24:59 AM »

Can you kinda chill on the theories? It's really a pain to read through all this stuff. Here's something to remember, you can't get your bird in BiT. Exiting caves crashes. At night the bird isn't there.
Placing tablet crashes bit after cutscene. If you save at the prompt and restart, the following cutscene will occur, but you won't have actually placed the tablet (no column).
Also, focusing on stuff like skykeep "early" is best left as a solo project without too much importance. It's not early, as you could just enter it on your normal file.
I completely agree with TestRunner. Read what he has posted. I may make a complete list of all I know if I have the patience, as I am in San Antonio on vacation today with some spare time.

Another thing, sailcloth skip is not worth all the trouble in any%. The time it would take to skip it and to warp into the instructors room (which I highly HIGHLY doubt will ever work) would certainly be longer than just doing the race, as it would also be helpful to have the sailcloth to take less damage and skip the fairy in Faron. You also wouldn't take damage in eldin getting the mitts. There are many more spots to try BIT, but I think you're all beating a dead horse. Thunderhead early is still worth consideration though.

Also, I have some BiT videos on YouTube. Really there is no point to record stuff again, pretty much just taking credit for other people's work. Get permission first.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:31:11 AM by Abahbob » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2012, 02:31:48 AM »

Also, something to note, after getting the Sail Cloth normally, S+Q and BiTW to get GS/Tablet. Skips the Follow Fi Sequence. Although the time difference is small, so it may not really matter. You have the sailcloth normally, and the instructor's room should be unlocked. Abahbob is right, any crazy BiT nonsense to get to the instructor will be slower than just doing the race.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2012, 04:24:18 AM »

Man I wish I had my wii with me. I only brought my n64... I still want to see what happens if you use codes to run from Ghira after he steals your sword. If you could go swordless and there was some effect, then it would be worth it to try BiT crap for sword skip or w/e crazy shit.

Basic BiT Theory:
1. BiT can only be entered from certain maps.
2. The BiT map has the same loading zones as the normal map.
3. The BiT map allows you to enter, but not exit other maps (with few exceptions)
4. Sleeping in a bed while in BiT will take you to the normal skyloft night map.
5. Normal daytime skyloft is not accessible with the Title Screen open.
6. Loading files at correct times can allow you to warp to the coordinates of your previous save on the map you are entering.
7. Saving and loading files at the same time will warp you to the map you are loading, at the coordinates you are at when you save.
8. The bird does not exist in BiT Skyloft.
9. Placing the tablet with the Title Screen open will crash after the cutscene in the Academy.
10. Saving after placing tablet with Title Screen open will save you in the academy scene normally after the cutscene and you will get the pouch, but after exiting the academy, you will be in the original version of skyloft and the tablet will not be placed anymore.
11. Loading, Saving, and map transitions are all closely related.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »

I think I found a new speed run glitch. I want to test it myself first but if it works it should save at least 30 seconds, maybe more depending on how many times it can be used.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:26 PM »

THE SUSPENSE IN KILLING ME!!!

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »

NVM, I've should of known it would fail.

I assumed that since we could skip locked doors, that we could use that key anywhere.
Second theory that I'm not going to bother with but you can. If a dungeon has two locked doors and the first one is skippable, could you use the key on the second door?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: