ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 07:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234732 times)
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:43 AM »

Try different doors. Bazar, the different houses, how about falling off the edge of the screen as well?
What about pressing start while dying.

There's some ideas for you.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2012, 04:53:55 AM »

Some notes:

I see the only uses for the corrupt file in harp runs are in skyloft and skyview.
Warp from damage on the fire blob in eldin.
Finish earth temple with 2 hearts, skip heart container.
Save at the prompt and use bomb for death outside temple.
Save at bird in Lanayru, bomb for death.
Save at bird next bird and use bomb for death.

If you dont like having 2 hearts, in lanayru you could save at the statue after the bit, then deathwarp after the western node. wastes time, but faster than using a stool.
Or you could risk it and use TestRunner's method of deathwarping after the hook beetle.

Has all BiT research stopped? I haven't heard anything in a week.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »

I still have a ton of stuff I want to test but I'm really lazy right now and not motivated. the fact that no-one else is motivated makes me like that too :p I'll test some stuff eventually. We still need to know why some people don't crash when they try to go to skyloft at night BiT
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »

I believe it was something about which title screen you have open at what time. Thanks for having some motivation. It kills me to see this forum become more and more inactive, when we have already cut off so much time. Still not close to enough, but still a good amount of time
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2012, 07:44:32 PM »

Sky Keep:

Entry room
-Bazaar: Spawns you on top of one of the right wall; from there you can jump out of bounds or skip the dungeon map
-Knight Academy statues: Didn't bother testing because I'm pretty positive they'll be OoB; it's not a very big room

Skyview Temple room
-Bazaar: Spawns you over a bottomless pit.
-Knight Academy Upper: Out of bounds
-Knight Academy Lower: Out of bounds

Small Key room
No bird statue.

Earth Temple room
-Bazaar: Spawns you right next to the bird statue. HOW HELPFUL

LMF room
-Bazaar: Puts you next to the ladder near the Sentrobe at the first conveyer belt.

Ancient Cistern room
No bird statue. Shame because that's the room that had the most potential.

Sandship room
-Bazaar: Spawns you in the quicksand underneath the Nayru symbol

Fire Sanctuary room
-Bazaar: Spawns yoou on the stairs in front of the bird statue. Another incredibly helpful one!
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2012, 09:38:31 PM »

I did a little testing on the Mining Facility while everything was unloaded. I don't know how common knowledge this is, but smaller surfaces you can't normally walk on, you can while it's unloaded; the track for the mining cart, and the two areas you can crawl, for example. Unfortunately, there seems to be no use for this here. I was able to get to the chest with the rare treasure early, as well as the red rupee chest, but that's about it.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »

What do you mean while it was unloaded?
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »

Where there are no textures and the only things loaded are bird statues, doors, and such, and walking through one of the doors causes you to fall endlessly. I wasn't sure if this is what you guys consider "out of bounds."
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »

I mean how did you get there?
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2012, 12:59:13 AM »

Save at the first statue in the Mining Facility, BiT, save/load at Statue 2, and you'll land near where the blue switch would be to open the door, but almost nothing will be loaded.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2012, 01:28:30 AM »

Ah. Actually, imma mess with that. I haven't looked into it, but it may be useful.
TriforceBrawl3250
Deku Scrub

« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2012, 02:58:25 AM »

I remember TheOnlyOne messed with the unloaded room in LMF, and actually the ground that is activated in the past by the mine carts is loaded, so it's possible to get to the bird statue by the boss without doing much but navigating the main path, but when you save and quit the room is still unloaded.

You can't spell devotion without OoT.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »

Not any BiT research really, but something that should be noted is for anybody playing skyward sword off of any method where resetting takes you all the way back to the wii menu (for example the early leaked full game), rather than an actual disk, BiT will be impossible. Lucky me I have a disk.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »

Not any BiT research really, but something that should be noted is for anybody playing skyward sword off of any method where resetting takes you all the way back to the wii menu (for example the early leaked full game), rather than an actual disk, BiT will be impossible. Lucky me I have a disk.

I have the disk as well, but I ripped it onto my external HDD and I use Configurable USB Loader and BiT works just fine for me.

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »

Fully unloaded rooms in LMF was tested fairly extensively by theonlyone. Here's the run down if you don't know:

The room was completely unloaded instead of partially unloaded in LMF, because LMF (like most dungeons) has several "areas". You'll notice that sometimes when you go through a door, the screen fades black or white to load the next room. That indicates an area transition. When you enter a new area, the entire "area" is partially loaded, and the room you are in is fully loaded. But when you BiTWW from the beginning of LMF, you respawn in the location of the second area, even though you are still in the first. This is possible because all the areas in the dungeon share the same map, and your position is based off the map, not the area or room.

The game still thinks you are in the first area because that's the statue you saved at (First room of LMF) and you never hit a trigger (the doors) to let the game know you are in the second area. Even if you save now, the game still does realize you are supposed to be in the the second area. Remember, statues are not inherently linked to their respective rooms. The game keeps track of what room/area/map you are in when you enter loading zone/doors. Saving at a statue will not update this. In fact you're position is determined by Link, so all statues are identical in that they only give you a prompt. If you were able to save anywhere, you should be able with little consequence.

So a Save and Quit at the statue will not reload the room properly, cause when you load the file the wrong area is loaded. All the textures are not loaded, and neither are the loading zones. Chests and doors are still there, but doors that load a different area do not work. The game still recognizes the solid floors (no walls ofc) and seems to be set to the "past" mode, so you can walk where the platforms appear from timeshift stones.

This is all a dead-end ofc. I think I may have to make a vid explaining BiT. People keep asking me how it works.

Paraxade: That makes me sad. Looks like nothing useful in Skykeep.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: