ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234785 times)
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »

Matt, if you leave skyloft from anywhere at that point, you will cause the cutscene. This is known.

This double BiT stuff makes no sense. The reason For BiTWarping is saving and loading at the same time. Saving once without loading would set your map to skyloft, therefore making you appear there if you attempt to warp.

Also, I'm not quite done with sailcloth skip. Me and Testrunner were talking last night and I got an idea I want to try. Slim chance, but it would save a lof of time.

I also wonder exactly how BiTWarping works. The thing I want go know is if it uses the coordinates you are at, or the ones you saved at. So far, they are the same, but if we find another activation method, that would be important. That would make us able to use any coordinates instead of being limited to statues.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:19:40 PM by Abahbob » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »

Can you activate a saving cut scene during BIT mode? Then you could save and load a file at the same time instead of just using the bird warps.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »

Slim to none chances. Saving places like that typically require activities to be done and they cannot be done in BiT. Also, turns out that even with the Tree of Life fruit, the Thunder Dragon will not appear before Levias. No sailcloth skip fix yet

IDEA: I was talking with TestRunner and he thought of using BiTWarping into unloaded rooms, then using a Wrong Warp from those statues. Please test!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:01:56 AM by Abahbob » Logged
Ipvpsand
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2012, 05:50:07 AM »

There is a bug when you do the early seed of life. I got it when I made my 2nd visit to the Desert after getting the clawshot, but got the Bird Statue the first time I went to the desert. I then started the minecart part when I was going to get the 3rd part of the Song of the Hero and all the textures for the minecart section were shown as they were back in time even though the minecart had not reached that section. For example, you can see all the vines in the hookshot room but can only climb on them when the minecart is far enough on the rail. The only things that didn't appear early were the platforms and the clawshot targets.
All in all it is just bothersome more than anything, but something to watch out for.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2012, 05:57:58 AM »

Tried doing BiT warp/new save by sleeping in bed at night and saving, it was kinda neat. You can create the 1 heart corrupted save so that it starts out at night. New game starting at night is dead end haven. You can reach the goddess statue but the door won't open without Fi.

Also, dying and continuing results in a game crash with the 1 heart / new game?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »

IDEA: I was talking with TestRunner and he thought of using BiTWarping into unloaded rooms, then using a Wrong Warp from those statues. Please test!!

I hope people realise this by now since I've explained it way to many times already, but you can't OoB wrong warp from unloaded rooms.
Unloaded rooms and OoB rooms is entirely different things.

A unloaded room is when you are in the right map, but actors haven't loaded properly.
A OoB room is when you have loaded the wrong map.

And BiTWW rarely takes us to OoB rooms. it is almost always just unloaded rooms.

We can get to OoB floria waterfall by BiTWW from lake floria. This OoB Wrong Warp crashes.
We can get to a OoB statue in Fire Sanctuary by loading the boss door area, and entering one of the doors on the bridges. This one also crashes.
We an get to OoB statues in the desert area by doing BiTWW from temple of time. These statues crashes.

I can't remember if there actually is more OoB statues that we can access, but there is just a few that we have access to, and they all crash.

Doing BiTWW in skyview and spawning in the unloaded circle room is not OoB. It is just the room that hasn't loaded properly.

And then there is places like LMF that is extremely odd. This one takes you into what seems like a OoB room if you BiTWW from the entrance bird statue. Problem is that the game actually registers that OoB room as being in the actual room, but exiting and entering the room or trying to OoB Wrong Warp won't do anything. it doesn't count as being OoB....

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »

Sorry CloudMax, I guess I was mistaken. I thought a Wrong Warp was from unloaded rooms. Also, can we just call it BiTWarping? It has nothing to do with Wrong Warps. It is so much easier to say bit warp. Just a pet peeve.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

Probably some old stuff here, but gonna post it anyway.

I discovered how to die during BiT and be able to continue without crashing the game. I "think" all that needs to be done is you need to just save the game on a non bit or corrupt file. Or if that doesn't work, just grab a fruit to load a non-bit or corrupt file. I'm sort of wondering if there may be a way to access other locations with this, have to test something out tomorrow to be sure.

Second, I was able to wrong warp from night-time pumpkin to night-time skyloft. That wrong warp is so nifty.

Third of all, every bed in the houses on the east side of the river always has the ability to change time.

Fourth, I noticed that if you bit as soon as you get your loftwing back, you can jump of any platform and fly around skyloft. If you head towards the east end of town, somewhere around there you'll hit a loading trigger which will take you straight into what I'm calling the "loftwing training ground". This area will load during BiT, and completing it simply returns you back to the proper point in the game.

Now, this stays this way until after you've beaten the bird statue challenge and zelda is tossed below the surface. Once the Follow Fi sequence starts, hitting that trigger takes you to the Loftwing Ceremony thing instead. Once you complete it, everything seems to run normally until the sail cloth diving challenge. No cutscene will play once you hit the ground, and you're stuck in that area of skyloft and have to bit out.

Interestingly enough, if you bit out of the Follow Fi sequence and talk to some people, they talk as if you haven't completed the Loftwing Ceremony thing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:52:54 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »

Has this been attempted on the demo? Maybe the whole game would be available after wrongwarp and saving? It's possible there's no statues on a demo BiT Skyloft though

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »

The demo at my local best buy has statues, but they cannot be saved at. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to BiT.

Braid
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2012, 12:13:07 AM »

Wait, are you referring to the leaked demo? Thinking of that, I really want to get that on a hdd and try this out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:21:59 AM by Abahbob » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2012, 12:33:20 AM »

I discovered something new.

The cutscenes that play in Skyloft are NOT determined solely by what cutscenes have already played in the file. There is another factor to this.

Here's exactly what I did on my Hero save in slot 3. I started off at skyloft's bird statue and killed myself, activating BiT. When I rolled into the bug tree, the bats door opening cutscene occured. I then moved to the bird statue outside of the earth temple and saved/killed myself. This time when I rolled into the tree I got both the bats cutscene AND the opening of the thunderhead cloud cutscene!

Braid
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2012, 01:45:27 AM »

Wait, are you referring to the leaked demo? Thinking of that, I really want to get that on a hdd and try this out.
Yes the leaked one, the effects should be intriguing

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2012, 01:57:29 AM »

Dying in that goes right back to the title screen, without the game over screen. You also can't use the home button. Resetting via the button on the wii while the screen is black did nothing, but i only tried it once, so i can't say for sure it wouldn't work at different times, but i doubt it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:00:28 AM by ahou » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2012, 02:01:57 AM »

Have you tried TP BiT?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: