ZSR Forums
April 28, 2024, 01:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 234675 times)
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #375 on: June 19, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »

just watched video down button on the d pad is locked by the file load screen to be center the cursor that's why you cant press dpad down have you tried with the forest column of light? that's earlier and might work better

Yes, Faron was tried, but it didn't work. I have another theory to test, and it requires another file. It should still work, but I won't be able to die with bombs.

My concern is, without a blank file, it might not save the position in BiT, so if I die it could crash.

Hopefully I could still test my theory either tonight or tomorrow.

BiT Skyloft is the Skyloft from the title screen. It's not the on from the sky. There are videos of people gltiching and landing on the skyloft in the sky. It's a separate map, that's why the other islands don't really exist.

Yea, it's true there's differences, but I'm referring to the lighting in BiT. The statue is outlined in a blue light (like an aura), similar to the lighting you see on the island when flying in the game. But whatever, it was a theory I didn't give much thought. But I'm guessing that Skyloft island is the same thing when you fly in the sky, and the Lumpy Pumpkin (and other islands) get loaded when the screen changes. The transition is to load those islands.

Which is why I believe those portals should be active when the map is fully loaded.

An effect I had occur when I loaded the map from my completed file, and saved over my incomplete file, was when I started my incomplete file, the tower with the mirror raised the pedistal on start-up. However, when I entered a building and went back to Skyloft, the pedistal was down. So it was as if the pedistal raised up temporarily, like the map psuedo-loaded in my incomplete file too.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »

I was under the impression that the Skyloft we see in the sky is a miniature version.
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2012, 02:42:01 AM »

Update: apparently the Faron portal will load in psuedo-Skyloft, however entering it in BiT sends you to the sky... it's weird, like the activation is there for Faron Woods, except that it triggers the entrance to the sky.

Also, it's true Skyloft in the sky is smaller, however it could just have been scaled. The maps are identical (as you can see in my video).
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

Curious to see if you can enter Thunderhead, with it activated beforehand, in the pseudo-Skyloft state; that won't require the down button.
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »

Curious to see if you can enter Thunderhead, with it activated beforehand, in the pseudo-Skyloft state; that won't require the down button.

Actually, I managed to activate the Thunderhead AND have the down button working to drop off the bird, but apparently.... it doesn't work.  Sad

I guess perhaps the portals are loaded when you transition to The Sky.

ALSO, I had a file saved before the Wing Ceremony race and saved over it in BiT Psuedo Loaded Map, and managed to activate a portal in that file when I played it. HOWEVER, activating the portal only warped me to the sky, not to where the portal should have sent me.

So sad to say it was a bit of a piss-off... I guess the portals are loaded when you transition to the sky.

I have a video of it, but I won't be posting it tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an extra note... the only transition that doesn't crash when flying to the sky is the flight with Zelda. My theory about the maps being identical have to be pretty close, because if it crashes to exit a house during day, then of course it would crash when you fly into the sky during day!

What if... you are able to fly into the sky if it were night? Too bad that's impossible by the game standards.

EDIT: here's a video: http://youtu.be/37QfY7MccGg
What's weird is saving after psuedo-loading a map in BiT over an incomplete file, and if you fly into a cloud where the portal is "supposed" to be, you'll warp to the sky, even if you're nowhere near the trigger for the sky.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:31:12 PM by Airikita » Logged
Antidote
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »

Does anyone have a save thats been corrupted by a BiT Glitch? I'd like to see what the binary data looks like.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

I forget what we think crashes BiT at day, but I think it had to do with having people loaded. Not sure. Another interesting transition that crashes is the area where you start the race. The race loads for a couple frames, then crashes. I think it has to do with the HUD for the race, or text loading. Maybe try loading a file, etc, when entering the race.
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »

I forget what we think crashes BiT at day, but I think it had to do with having people loaded. Not sure. Another interesting transition that crashes is the area where you start the race. The race loads for a couple frames, then crashes. I think it has to do with the HUD for the race, or text loading. Maybe try loading a file, etc, when entering the race.

Unfortunately there's not enough time to load another file during the race... and even if you load a file with say... the ride with Zelda, I'm not sure if that would give results. I could attempt something of the sort though.

I also came across an interesting test. I did the BiT Psuedo Loaded Map glitch today, but instead of just simply "continuing" after dying in BiT Skyloft, I started up a file, and it crashed.

I think it might have tried to load the saved map in my file, but I'm not sure. It should've respawned me in skyloft if it didn't work, but it crashed instead.

Also, if it's people, how come the market loads just fine?

Could it be the size of the map (number of polygons) AND actors?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:57:44 AM by Airikita » Logged
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2012, 02:51:15 PM »

2 new updates:

Recently found how to do a trick TestRunner has been trying to do, the "duped new game" glitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MyZk7YGPBQ&feature=plcp

Allows you to play a game, and if you save, it will still start as a new game at the intro cs.

Doing my own little test, I found a way to do a "Back in Time Equipped (or New Game Plus)" glitch by reversing the "duped new game" bug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCKJhU3QE&feature=plcp

The interesting effect is that, even though it copies the equipment and file info from file 3, even if you have full hearts, it resets your hearts to 6 hearts. (The extra 2 are from the medallions)

I have not explored this "Back in Time Equipped" file yet, but I will update if I find out anything else interesting after doing this glitch.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:36:16 PM by Airikita » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #384 on: June 28, 2012, 02:10:13 AM »

If very curious of the results of if you did it during the bokoblin capture sequence. And then what would happen if you got the "real" item.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #385 on: June 28, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »

2 new updates:

Recently found how to do a trick TestRunner has been trying to do, the "duped new game" glitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MyZk7YGPBQ&feature=plcp

Allows you to play a game, and if you save, it will still start as a new game at the intro cs.

Doing my own little test, I found a way to do a "Back in Time Equipped (or New Game Plus)" glitch by reversing the "duped new game" bug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCKJhU3QE&feature=plcp

The interesting effect is that, even though it copies the equipment and file info from file 3, even if you have full hearts, it resets your hearts to 6 hearts. (The extra 2 are from the medallions)

I have not explored this "Back in Time Equipped" file yet, but I will update if I find out anything else interesting after doing this glitch.

This isn't anything new.  It is documented here:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/misc/opening-empty-files
I should also have a video of it somewhere on my YT channel.

I did some testing with this way back in april, maybe earlier, can't remember for sure. We joked about having a NG+ category with this trick but obviously that won't happen, just like you stated in the 2nd video. You basically just load a completed file camouflaged as a new file. Tongue

Edit: Here's my YT video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbzlf2sMU_c&list=UU3tiqNxITl1l-Nu_FALZX5w&index=3&feature=plcp
Appears that it was back in january, not april. :p

The skyward sword documentation is really confusing. Some things are put in places where people won't look.
I mean, this trick allows you to save while keeping a file as "Hero Mode", creating the illusion of NG+, but it is placed under "Miscellanious > Opening Empty Files". No one would look there for a glitch like this.

I do not play Skyward Sword any longer though. So maybe I'm just missing something. Don't really know what's going on atm.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:07:09 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #386 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »

CloudMax: I've seen your video, but that's why I gave that information in the video. The BiT way is TestRunner's glitch and I was helping him out trying to do it in BiT.

In fact, I watched your video before I posted the videos. TestRunner was just having trouble remembering how to do it in BiT.

However, even though you can keep the new Hero Mode file with a completed game, this trick you can only do once:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCKJhU3QE

I did the opposite of the "Duped New Game" glitch, I died in a new Hero Mode file, and had a completed game in file slot 3. That way, the game from file 3 gets copied to the new Hero Mode in file 2, and you can start the new Hero Mode in the opening cutscene.

This trick resets your hearts to 6 hearts, and since file 3 has every single heart, you can't get them back.

Makes it look like I created a NG+ from nothing.

Also, if file 3 is a non-Hero Mode file, starting a new game in Hero Mode and saving will make the file a non-Hero Mode file, according to file 3 (obviously).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:03:10 PM by Airikita » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »

CloudMax: I've seen your video, but that's why I gave that information in the video. The BiT way is TestRunner's glitch and I was helping him out trying to do it in BiT.

In fact, I watched your video before I posted the videos. TestRunner was just having trouble remembering how to do it in BiT.

However, even though you can keep the new Hero Mode file with a completed game, this trick you can only do once:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCKJhU3QE

I did the opposite of the "Duped New Game" glitch, I died in a new Hero Mode file, and had a completed game in file slot 3. That way, the game from file 3 gets copied to the new Hero Mode in file 2, and you can start the new Hero Mode in the opening cutscene.

This trick resets your hearts to 6 hearts, and since file 3 has every single heart, you can't get them back.

Makes it look like I created a NG+ from nothing.

Also, if file 3 is a non-Hero Mode file, starting a new game in Hero Mode and saving will make the file a non-Hero Mode file, according to file 3 (obviously).

Ahh, I didn't finish watching the video. Sorry about that. So instead of doing the basic "save a Hero Mode file as Hero Mode" you just load that file while loading the data from file 3.
I think I've heard something similar before. About it being possible to load one file while the game thinks you're playing on another file that is. I am positive about that.
I think I did that earlier, but not with the same method as you. I'm not sure though.

Edit:
Ah, think I found it. It is not the same thing, but the result is pretty much the same?
Page 9 in this thread. First post. (http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=969.320)

A new way to overwrite files in BiT:
Everything except for the playtime is overwritten (which means that by doing this, it's possible to set your 100% files playtime to 0 minutes.)
1. Have the file you want copy in slot 3.
2. Select the file that you want to overwrite.
3. Die. (A respawn location must be set, and you can't use BiT skyloft. (using BiT skyloft would trigger the title screen cutscene. I enter the goddess statue and kill myself there)
4. Continue and load the file at the same time.
5. Mash A as fast as you can to open up the File Selection.
You will now load the file you selected in step 2, but because you opened the file selection in step 5 the game loaded all the data from file 3 instead.
6. Save.
Even though it loaded all the data from file 3, you DID open the file that you selected in step 2, so when you save, you'll save over that slot instead.
You'll keep the playtime that you had before overwriting the file.

You can copy new hero mode files this way (just place a new hero mode file in slot 3). This works like the glitch I mentioned above where you can save your progress, but the file will still say "Hero Mode" in the selection, and it will trigger the intro cutscene, so this is not a good way to copy hero mode files. The file wont be "clean" anymore.

This is useless, but it is something.

I also tried a variation of the overwrite glitch mentioned above.
In the step where you mash A to open the file select, hold the control stick down so that you'll enter the loading zone to exit the goddess statue.
You'll get the same result except that you spawn in skyloft instead.
What's even more interesting is that when you quit the game now (save & quit or die & quit), you will return to the title screen. you won't return to the file select. So no file will be selected.

As you can see, I do it in a totally different way. But the result is pretty much the same, isn't it?
I'm not sure if my method allows for the intro cutscene to play. If it doesn't then that's the difference right there. :p
I load a new Hero Mode file, but the game thinks that I have selected another file, which results in the game loading the data from that file instead.

I never got these things recorded because I quit playing the game before doing so.

We can talk more about these things in the IRC. I may be able to help out in some way. Even though I haven't played the game for months, I'd still say that I know more about some things related to BiT than most people. I've forgot a lot of things though. :p
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:14:45 AM by CloudMax » Logged

kenshen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #388 on: September 19, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »

lol humor aside o think I've found something interesting about bit. You know when you first load a game after a bit and you get that weird false map that you leave and come back if you want to load the game? well its about that map after doing the tower of light early like from the beginning of the game early I've realized something your actually on skyloft and the forest silent realm at the same time how did i discover this? by leaving and returning to that map multiple times one thing I've realized is every thing is washed out in blue when your on that false sky loft compared to the normal one. second clue is when you jump off of the map with out calling your bird and the sky guard guy saves you you still only see glitch as he doesn't exist on that map those two things hint to me at least that your actually in the silent realm of the forest. what do you guys think?       

Edit: not sure if Airikita has discovered this but i just found out when you do a bit you actually jump into three maps at once in several layers as i watched Arikita fly in bit and the color differences of the alternate skyloft i realized your in the sky silent realm skyloft all at the same time the lowest layer the one we see and interact with being skyloft.   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:21:57 AM by kenshen » Logged
PurpleSunDeryl
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2012, 03:26:29 PM »

You know when you first load a game after a bit and you get that weird false map that you leave and come back if you want to load the game? well its about that map after doing the tower of light early like from the beginning of the game early I've realized something your actually on skyloft and the forest silent realm at the same time how did i discover this? by leaving and returning to that map multiple times one thing I've realized is every thing is washed out in blue when your on that false sky loft compared to the normal one. second clue is when you jump off of the map with out calling your bird and the sky guard guy saves you you still only see glitch as he doesn't exist on that map those two things hint to me at least that your actually in the silent realm of the forest. what do you guys think?       
That is a fair point, but it could also just be a quick outline of Skyloft during development that they may have left in (the Knight wouldn't have been programmed into it). I dunno, I think my idea is less probable than yours lol

<PurpleSunDeryl> Keep practicing, then you'll remember the game like the back of your end.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28
  Print  

Jump to: