ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:27:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455231 times)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #615 on: January 17, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »

So is bomb bag skipable now? Is there any other spots where you need to use bombs like that? What about in earth temple where you need to roll on rock near wall and blow up the wall in first big room. This is needed to push two poles inside of wall and make paltform rise so you can proceed forward.

Anyway great job with this! Awesome someone is still playing this game and trying find new stuff from it! Keep up to good work!! Cheesy

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #616 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:31 PM »

You still need bombs for the 2 generator rooms in Lanayru, and I don't have any theories on how to activate the time crystals without them.

This trick was meant for a pre-made file run. If you can skip bombs then you can skip Eldin altogether.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #617 on: January 17, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »

Sorry for asking but what you exactly mean with pre-made file? And how that would let us skip eldin altogether? Does this have to something with placing stone pieces and opening light columns early?

I've been thinking these two ideas for a while and maybe it's good start to ask about them here. I don't know if these are old. If they are go on and fill it in for me Smiley

First thing is when you skip practice sword with BiT beginning of the game and proceed through game at that point where moblins steal all your items and sword too. We can escape that sequence with BiT skyloft savewarp and link will become swordless. So I was thinking would it be possible to downgrade your sword if you go get practice sword when you are swordless? Normally when you go get it game doesn't equipt it anywhere at all.

Second thing is if it's possible to beat eldin and earth temple without bomb bag. Does bazaar in skyloft have bomb bags and bombs for sale after this dungeon? If they have would it be possible to go buy it instead of beating miniboss in earth temple?

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #618 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »

Sorry for asking but what you exactly mean with pre-made file? And how that would let us skip eldin altogether? Does this have to something with placing stone pieces and opening light columns early?

Pre-made file means you select a near complete file, and use it to activate a cutscene in Skyloft on a newer file like Sky Keep, light pillars and Thunderhead. However, you need to have a newer file saved before a cutscene. Once you activate BiT in a near complete file you then need to collect a heart or stanima fruit to activate the inventory. One tip I'll give you for timing the light pillar cutscene is to start the newer file after you see Link blink.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #619 on: January 18, 2013, 12:23:22 AM »

SS bingo incoming!  Shocked

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #620 on: January 18, 2013, 12:26:16 AM »

I'd sooner say a TP bingo would come first...
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #621 on: January 18, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

Thanks mitjitsu! Was anyone able to answer my questions?

Woot! Soon we can race SS bingo Cheesy

Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #622 on: January 28, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »

I decided to link this video here because some of you may not know LJA also works in SS. In last unplayable area scene I use LJA to get there. This would lead new SB and I can think of few already if we somehow can do this with keeses. This indeed needs more testing!
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWoX3MbfIlE

I don't know is this old but if you escape moblin's "get back items" quest in hero song quest with bitsave to skyloft. You get swordless link and mobin icons on your items what you didn't get before bitsaving. Funny thing is if you go back to mountains. Game starts that scene again and all your items are stolen again. You got mogma mits beginning of the quest in order to save your file there you needed to get out of prison. Now if you go back again you are stuck in prison because you lost you mogma mits and you cannot get them anymore. So totally useless trick if you somehow can't espace prison with mogma mits.

I haven't tried yet what happens if you get practice sword if you have your current sword stolen by moblins. I didn't have that kind of save what had practice sword chest unopened.

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2013, 03:15:30 AM »

Wow O_O I haven't even heard anyone discuss LJA in SS. It's not listed on the tricks page or anything. I think people need to do more testing with it!

Btw, how is it done in SS Kazooie? (Someone should also make a video showcasing this technique)
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »

Wow O_O I haven't even heard anyone discuss LJA in SS. It's not listed on the tricks page or anything. I think people need to do more testing with it!

Btw, how is it done in SS Kazooie? (Someone should also make a video showcasing this technique)
"You need enemy who is little bit higher than you and good distance away. Then you backflip or sidehop and while in midair swing wii remote once to make jumpslash after sidehop or backflip. If done correctly Link will do LJA."

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #625 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:07 AM »

Sorry, I haven't really been active in the thread here. My e-mail notification is apparently broken O.o

Anyways, I think most people are unaware that there is a IRC channel. (SRL irc #skywardsword) Any new players are welcome to go there to ask for help and advice. Also, feel free to discuss glitches and theories too. I prefer it there than in various streaming chats.

I'm accidentally done LJA in bokoblin fights a lot, it's really anoying and messes it up. The LJA isn't particularly useful atm, but it's possible there's an undiscovered use still. The most likely thing I can think of is maybe knocking an enemy back and LJA to him? Or push a bokoblin somewhere, and then knock him back? Or maybe technoslide into a LJA? I dunno it just is too limited in applicability.

SS bingo is still not plausible. low% skips very few items, even with premade files. Maybe with more major breaks :/

The last 1/4 of stamina drains at 1/2 speed but refills and full speed. I think there's a page on stamina on the SS section.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #626 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:05 AM »

First thing is when you skip practice sword with BiT beginning of the game and proceed through game at that point where moblins steal all your items and sword too. We can escape that sequence with BiT skyloft savewarp and link will become swordless. So I was thinking would it be possible to downgrade your sword if you go get practice sword when you are swordless? Normally when you go get it game doesn't equipt it anywhere at all.
Most important question.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #627 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »

I was searching videos from youtube when I found this video. If somebody can replicate this that would be great! This might be not big or anything like that but still it's new glitches and things to try out. Here is link for the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWju4-UzRPM

Happy testing if the uploader doesn't tell us first Smiley

Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »

Hey guys, I discovered a weird and utterly useless clipping glitch in the Knight Academy. Again, it's totally useless, but I though I'd post it here anyway. (BTW, I'm not sure if I'm the first to discover this, but I did find this out myself.)
1. Go to a student's room that has a chair in front of a desk that you can't normally sit on (cuz it's too close to the desk). I did it in Fledge's room, I tried it in Karane's but I didn't succeed; that doesn't mean it's imposible though.
2. Stand in front of the chair, with the desk to your right.
3. Roll into the chair, releasing the control stick as soon as you shake the nunchuck. You should clip into the chair. If you hold the joystick forwards for too long, you will roll right through the chair; if you aimed too far to the left, you'll roll around the chair; if you aimed too far to the right, you'll bump into the desk.
4. Once you're clipped into the chair, don't move around too much you'll be pushed out automatically.
5. If you're lucky, the "Sit" prompt will appear at the bottom of the screen. If it doesn't, turn a bit in place, and maybe tryo to walk around; if you're pushed out, do the whole thing again.
6. After sitting down, you can enjoy seeing Link finally sit at a desk properly, without the chair being a mile away from the desk. Tongue After you're done, you can stand up to clip through the table momentarily, but it will immediately push you up.

That's basically all there is to it. You can clip through a chair, sit on a chair you normally can't, and stand on a table you normally can't. There isn't much else you can do, since you can't even backflip. Angry However, if you saved just before attempting this glitch and did it in Fledge's room, you can get stuck! Just walk on top of the green things (pillows?) towards the cupboard (to your right when facing the wall). When you're right in front of the cupboard, roll and you'll fall into a small triangular gap between the pillows and the cupboard. Since somehow Link is too weak to push the pillows away, you're stuck! Congrats! Just reset your game to get unstuck.

As I said, totally useless. Not even very funny. Tongue
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:18:35 PM by Demise » Logged

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »

Utterly useless! How could you?!

Kidding aside, that's pretty cool. "Sit at a desk properly" can be one of the objectives for a bingo.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: