ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 08:48:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455222 times)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #450 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:19 AM »

There are times that you run out of stamina so instead of walking to get stamina back I would side skip or back flip.
Well then in that case, walking. You have to set up a backflip (which would be too slow anyways) and a sidehop which would take longer than just walking then sprinting again.

I just tried it out and walking was definitely always faster. Side hopping was too inconsistent and walking seems to be more effective.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2012, 04:23:43 AM »

The fastest known way is to dash until you're almost out of stamina, and then wait until your stamina bar regenerates to 1 quarter full, and then start dashing again.
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #452 on: March 22, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »

I was playing this game today and I found a little timesaver in Bokoblin Base. After you get the Adventure Pouch, climb onto the ledge that Link is hanging on at 2:23 in this video. Go to the left edge and face toward the fence (it may take a few tries to get the angle right). Hold Z and walk left, then do a forward hop and jumpslash to get over the fence. If done quickly, this method seems to be a couple seconds faster than the method Paraxade uses.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #453 on: March 23, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »

Nice find! You should upload a video of it Cheesy
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #454 on: March 23, 2012, 02:01:08 AM »

Actually, I've never seen Parax's method. I've always used running at an angle or something. Pretty much the same effect as yours manocheese.

The fastest method of travel is sprinting, and releasing before the 4th fast beep of low stamina. Walking without Z targeting until you have just about 1/4 stamina, then sprinting again. Anything else is MUCH slower. Jumps of any sort are slower, and practically stop stamina from restoring. Seriously, read the freaking topic and watch some runs. Or as Parax may say, "play the damn game".
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:05:48 AM by Abahbob » Logged
Ripple
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #455 on: March 23, 2012, 05:01:26 AM »

Actually, I've never seen Parax's method. I've always used running at an angle or something. Pretty much the same effect as yours manocheese.

The fastest method of travel is sprinting, and releasing before the 4th fast beep of low stamina. Walking without Z targeting until you have just about 1/4 stamina, then sprinting again. Anything else is MUCH slower. Jumps of any sort are slower, and practically stop stamina from restoring. Seriously, read the freaking topic and watch some runs. Or as Parax may say, "play the damn game".

I can read other posts, ok? I know that running is the fastest method of movement. I was just curious about walking which I didn't find much on (last post mentioning walking was in novehmber)  at all from this thread. Which I have been reading btw. I have been watching runs too, so instead of being completely unwelcoming take some your own advive and read this thread since my question was answered before you and your post was not necessary.
Webster
Deku Scrub

« Reply #456 on: March 23, 2012, 06:55:02 PM »

Dashing is currently the fastest method of movement so far. Smiley

I hope someone finds a glitch for infinite stamina, that would make the game a lot faster Tongue

Okay, I've decided to register and join the discussion because I'm very interested in seeing where this run can get to.  Cheesy

Your post brought up a question I'd been thinking about for a couple of days: is there any point in the game at all after you unlock the Stamina Potion where it would be worth it to use one? I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, but maybe you guys have something in mind. Of course, this would involve obtaining a few Rupees, but if there's somewhere that using one saves time it could be worth it.
Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #457 on: March 23, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »

Nice find! You should upload a video of it Cheesy

I can't record at the moment, but someone else can feel free to make a video.

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #458 on: March 24, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »

Okay, I've decided to register and join the discussion because I'm very interested in seeing where this run can get to.  Cheesy

Your post brought up a question I'd been thinking about for a couple of days: is there any point in the game at all after you unlock the Stamina Potion where it would be worth it to use one? I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, but maybe you guys have something in mind. Of course, this would involve obtaining a few Rupees, but if there's somewhere that using one saves time it could be worth it.
Nice! Cheesy I love to see more people working on SS!

But about your question....I'm thinking maybe.....It might be slower to go to buy the potion. It'll take to much time to purchase it while you would already be ahead of the route of getting the potion. It also only reduces the rate at which the stamina gauge depletes. It only lasts for 3 minutes too. Even a Stamina Potion+ would probably be useless because it requires you to catch bugs,slowing down the speedrun.

Can anyone think of one?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:52:55 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Webster
Deku Scrub

« Reply #459 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »

Nice! Cheesy I love to see more people working on SS!

But about your question....I'm thinking maybe.....It might be slower to go to buy the potion. It'll take to much time to purchase it while you would already be ahead of the route of getting the potion. It also only reduces the rate at which the stamina gauge depletes. It only lasts for 3 minutes too. Even a Stamina Potion+ would probably be useless because it requires you to catch bugs,slowing down the speedrun.

Can anyone think of one?

That's sort of what I thought, too. I had in mind maybe buying it not necessarily for outdoor areas but perhaps for dungeons or indoor areas, something just to speed us up so we could blow through it faster. The underground Moldorm battles also came to mind, just because those are just slow to begin with, but since we aren't even fighting them in Sky Keep anymore, it doesn't seem worth it.

Well, I'll keep thinking and looking for more of those nice little glitches to help cut down some time. Smiley
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »

Potions are not worth it, period. They take far too long to buy and upgrade, and there's not even any real point in it because they barely even help. You only visit the Bazaar once, to fix Scrapper, and you can't buy a potion then because you need both bottles to be empty for Fire Sanctuary water, so it would be a huge detour.

edit: also for the record, even if you already have bugs from hero mode, you can't upgrade potions without the bug net.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:18:16 PM by Paraxade » Logged
Webster
Deku Scrub

« Reply #461 on: March 27, 2012, 03:15:06 AM »

Okay, that makes sense.

I'm going back through the game to see if I can find any more sequence breaks with the bomb high-jump. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.  Smiley
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #462 on: March 28, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »

It's great to see you guys look for glitches in this game. I've been doing research few days now and I found this little unplayable area:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atRXBUhvb2s&feature=youtu.be

I hope we can find something bigger soon Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #463 on: March 28, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »

NICE! Cheesy Highflip was used for once! Seeing this makes me want to try out some places for highflipping
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #464 on: March 29, 2012, 07:23:41 AM »

Thanks! Here is one video more what I forget to link here yesterday. I hope this one more useless glitch turn out something usefull someday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoqP2jp5zys

Still it's pretty cool in my oppinion. You guys should also test it if you can find anything out from it.

EDIT:
More stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-UYSnSr3w
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:21:21 AM by Kazooie » Logged

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: