ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455240 times)
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #420 on: March 12, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »

When the game took you back to Skyloft after falling, did that particular dialogue with Fi still activate when you tried to pass through the trigger zone(s)?  I just started Hero mode and I have been trying to figure out a way to get around the trigger, since it is kind of long.  Not sure whether or not this is what happened when you performed the glitch, but it could be faster if the falling from the sky cutscene is shorter than the Fi conversation.  Though now that I think about it, it's probably not.

In what I found, Fi still talks to Link, he just keeps falling until he lands on an invisible floor, so the dialogue would have been triggered anyways. It is possible to jump over the railing using my method without crossing the trigger on foot and wihout landing on the railing(which activates the dialogue as well), but I doubt that will get rid of the trigger. And even if it did, I still think listening to the dialogue would be faster. I can't really test this anymore seeing as I saved past that point to look for glitches a bit further on, so maybe you can try it out.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #421 on: March 12, 2012, 03:34:12 AM »

Here's something to test. Try to Fi Dive into lava. Lava only hurts you on the surface. If Fi Dive made you fall through lava, you could potential get under it and be able to walk around. From there, you can use the clawshot to get back out. (See Eldin Triforce Room in Skykeep). Worth a try.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #422 on: March 12, 2012, 04:32:09 AM »

Here's something to test. Try to Fi Dive into lava. Lava only hurts you on the surface. If Fi Dive made you fall through lava, you could potential get under it and be able to walk around. From there, you can use the clawshot to get back out. (See Eldin Triforce Room in Skykeep). Worth a try.

Man, the programmers certainly did a good job on trying to prevent this glitch...
I fiddled around for a while with this, and it looks like the only ledges that you can get close enough to execute the glitch are ledges that don't hurt you after you jump off(ledges high enough that the lava won't hurt you). I can't seem to get the glitch to work at all though, so maybe somebody with actual skills at this game should try this. I'll keep trying, but I think I'm missing the point on how to do the dive.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #423 on: March 12, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »

Aww... It'll never work. The same thing happens like it does skyloft, and not only that, but there's no invisible floor below the lava, or at least, not under where I clawshot vine clipped through the wall. And I thought we were onto something.

EDIT: I tried even more, and I found out that you might be able to do it anywhere, if you go at a bit of an angle towards an edge very slowly so that when you press down on the d-pad, it will show either the wall that you're against or what's past that wall. Only problem is, Fi Diving doesn't move you through lava.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:09:46 PM by Hornlitz » Logged
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #424 on: March 12, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »

Has anyone else though that it might be possible to enter sky keep early using vineclipping? I know the entrance doesn't pop up until later but, maybe the entrance is still inside the floating island. I'm assuming Link just falls through the island if he vineclips anyways, but has anyone tried it?
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »

Has anyone else though that it might be possible to enter sky keep early using vineclipping? I know the entrance doesn't pop up until later but, maybe the entrance is still inside the floating island. I'm assuming Link just falls through the island if he vineclips anyways, but has anyone tried it?

Just tried it, and yeah, it looks as though the entrance isn't there until you open it up.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #426 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:22 AM »

Just tried it, and yeah, it looks as though the entrance isn't there until you open it up.
Thanks for testing that! That's a shame the entrance isn't present though Sad
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #427 on: March 13, 2012, 12:27:05 AM »

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=905.msg15122#msg15122

Fi Diving. Please read the entire topic. I wonder if dying above lava and having a fairy revive you would do anything. Probably same result.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #428 on: March 13, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=905.msg15122#msg15122

Fi Diving. Please read the entire topic. I wonder if dying above lava and having a fairy revive you would do anything. Probably same result.

It wouldn't work, seeing as it plays the animation of hitting lava regardless of your health. Also, faeries don't activate cutscenes in this game. They heal you the second you run out of health.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #429 on: March 13, 2012, 01:07:19 AM »

What would happen if you Fi Dived into that hole where the Mogmas live?
I would try it myself, (which I just tried) but I cant even get Fi Diving to work :/
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #430 on: March 13, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »

What would happen if you Fi Dived into that hole where the Mogmas live?
I would try it myself, (which I just tried) but I cant even get Fi Diving to work :/

You have to be very close to a wall on your right side, so that when you take a bomb out, the wall pushes you off. Make sure you press down on the d-pad though before you fall off. It took me a while to figure out.

But I just tried it and it would appear as though it can't be done there thanks to the way the wall is angled.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2012, 01:38:17 AM »

Damn :/ Fi Dive would be a lot more useful if it didn't require Link to be standing next to something
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #432 on: March 13, 2012, 03:37:16 AM »

Nintendo has learned I guess. So did anyone try it in lava at multiple places?
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #433 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:15 AM »

The only place I managed to get it to work was in the Earth Temple right after you get the bombs, but I'm sure the dive will work elsewhere. I haven't tried yet, but I will tomorrow.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #434 on: March 13, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

Where else could the Fi Dive be useful?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:49:07 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: