ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 02:31:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455144 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:10 AM »

Was playing the boss demo in target the other day, and when I got to Ghirahim's second phase I tried screwing around. I let myself get hit twice, then remembered that I had fairies and used it. Then I hit the home button and the joystick locked up. Thought maybe it was the controller, but I waited for a bit to see what Ghirahim would do, but he stopped attacking?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #376 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:57 AM »

So fairy plus home button = lock? I'm going to need to get cIOS again and mess with that.
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #377 on: January 28, 2012, 04:35:15 AM »

Was playing the boss demo in target the other day, and when I got to Ghirahim's second phase I tried screwing around. I let myself get hit twice, then remembered that I had fairies and used it. Then I hit the home button and the joystick locked up. Thought maybe it was the controller, but I waited for a bit to see what Ghirahim would do, but he stopped attacking?

That reminds of the the glitch this guy had: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHDndhwaYQ
his controller was also locking up on Ghirahim, and it messed up the camera as well, but it was in Ghirahim's first phase and he didn't use fairies or the home button.

I thought the deathwarping might confuse the game into being unsure of where to respawn you since you would be in the skyloft overworld area, while in the entrance to skyloft loading area as well, and thought that might trick the game into respawning you in an interesting place(oob, an unloaded skyloft, etc). I haven't read through the pages, and admittedly know nothing of BiT, so I apologize for posting redundant information. My Wii is broken and I only get a limited time with any Wii games and am not very up to date with Skyward Sword, again my apologizes I really be reading through here before posting.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #378 on: January 28, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »

Nah, i was a bit short with you, np
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #379 on: January 28, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »

Apparently (didn't test it), if you shoot there with your slingshot (skyview temple entrance) it gives away a red rupee (or something else) and you can do it as many times as you want ?

Might be useful for 100%. Gotta test it though, what I read was not really accurate...
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #380 on: January 28, 2012, 11:55:20 PM »

@Abahbabob
Kk

@Tamis
Normally at those places you can only do it once. There are a lot of places in the game though that shooting or blowing them gives you rupees, and I remember being surprised by some of the more obscure places that do it.

Has anyone found out if this cave leads anywhere? I don't think there is a way to get to it without a levitation code, its above the tunnel with rupees which is above where the robots planted the tree of life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldDGavOXMg
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »

I thought the SS section had a Q&A page, but I guess I'll just ask these questions here:

1) So I'm doing a lot of SS glitches for the first time and I am wondering, would it be faster to do early lake floria after you find Oolo using Kazooie's method? I was just thinking that you could then descend right to that bird statue from the sky, but for some reason I don't know about it would probably be slower.

2) Was messing around and found that you can jump to the branch of the tree for early lake floria (Kazooie's method) using the same dash used to get over the wall if you do it in the right place. Is this new at all? It's a bit more efficient if you are doing Kazooie's method.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2012, 01:07:25 AM »

I'm not sure if this is obvious, but I had no idea you could do it so I'm going to post this here.

I had no idea but, you can jump slash without Z Targeting. All you have to do is be walking and swing our sword and and soon as you do press A and Link will jump slash. Sorry if this is useless, thought I might as well mention it  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:09:28 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2012, 01:47:18 AM »

I actually didn't know that either. ^_^

Here's a small timersaver at Skipper's Retreat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IhKn1ZM5zs
You can make the deku plant guarding the clawshot target come out by hitting it/around it with the clawshot. Once it has come out you can clip through it to the target, and from there go to the next target before it attacks you. This skips having to kill it with beetle.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:43 AM »

I actually didn't know that either. ^_^

Oh thats good to hear then xD I was just fooling around when I did it accidentally. Think it could be useful in any way?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2012, 04:03:13 PM »

I just want to make this point since I've only said it on IRC, but doing a vertical spin attack (downward) at a bomb will give the highjump effect but with knockback, and you'll get a high knockback. This could be useful if used to get down to 0 hearts as that actor clipping thing happens at 0 hearts... probably not though, and I just wanted to mention that if anyone had any ideas to use it. I assume the same effect can be achieved with any damage source providing it hits you at the right point in the animation.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #386 on: January 31, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

Do you know if that vertical spin attack highjump thing works for getting to 0 hearts while you have a fairy? Also, does anyone know if when you die with a fairy, if it causes a dive effect or gets you past a loading zone, like how it is when you die? I don't know of any uses, but I'll think of some. I may test tonight, I'm finishing OoT 100% though
TriforceBrawl3250
Deku Scrub

« Reply #387 on: February 01, 2012, 02:41:47 AM »

This is kinda obvious and it's probably been done several times accidentally, but when you activate the Time Crystal to get the Beetle Upgrade, if you activate it towards the side near to the bomb patch and never go in the area by the trapped cage, you can skip the cry for help and also the Fi text, which is about 10 seconds.

You can't spell devotion without OoT.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #388 on: February 01, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »

Do you know if that vertical spin attack highjump thing works for getting to 0 hearts while you have a fairy? Also, does anyone know if when you die with a fairy, if it causes a dive effect or gets you past a loading zone, like how it is when you die? I don't know of any uses, but I'll think of some. I may test tonight, I'm finishing OoT 100% though
yeah the clipping through things stuff still works with a fairy
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #389 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »

This is kinda obvious and it's probably been done several times accidentally, but when you activate the Time Crystal to get the Beetle Upgrade, if you activate it towards the side near to the bomb patch and never go in the area by the trapped cage, you can skip the cry for help and also the Fi text, which is about 10 seconds.
Actually, I didn't know that. I'll definitely use that in my runs.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: