ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:24:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455183 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2012, 04:02:13 AM »

Small trick near the beginning of the bokoblin base/item loss part that I thought was known but apparently its not: near the first bokoblin guard after talking with the mogma that shows you where your items are, you can sidehop down to the lower ledge to skip trying to get past the bokoblin.  Its a bit annoying because there's a lava puddle right near the edge and the sidehop barely makes it, but it saves a small amount of time.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2012, 04:34:38 AM »

I was thinking, it could be possible to save time jumping sideways off of a ledge rather than autojumping because it seems autojumping has more start up lag where as jumping sideways seems like it takes less frames. Both land the same distance.

I also noticed that if you dash at most corners of a wall link will attempt to dash up it but run up the wall in a left or right strangly.

(Hey just wondering, has anyone else thought that Link gets more distance when he jumps sideways rather than running at a ledge and autojumping? I cant really tell if he gains more distance or not though. Ive been doing some tests and Its hard its really hard to tell. Anyone else got anything on this?)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:17:46 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2012, 05:48:10 AM »

Sideways takes time to set up and has a delay before you can start running again. For more distance, you use a Z+A jump then JS.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2012, 05:53:37 AM »

Sideways takes time to set up and has a delay before you can start running again. For more distance, you use a Z+A jump then JS.
Ah I see Tongue Ah well there goes my theory. I wish there was a way to gain more distance than just the Z+A to JS Sad
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »

That sidehop at the first goblin was known. I do not remember if this works, but I tried skipping the map at bokoblin base by performing BiTWW past the trigger that gives it to you, and then do the sidehop here.
I did try it, I just can't remember if it actually skipped the trigger or not... D:

Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2012, 06:59:21 AM »

Someone has found a glitch for getting incredibly high scores on the clean cut sword game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais&feature=related

I'm not completely sure what is needed to do this, but it appears all you need to do is start with a downwards skyward strike and then repeatedly spam downward slashes. The totally cut count rolls over to 1 after you get past 65 cuts. This may be useful for 100% since you can quickly and consistently get a high number and then let the game end.
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »

This is, this is not requirred for 100% iirc, he only gives treasures :p
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »

This is, this is not requirred for 100% iirc, he only gives treasures :p

what?? I thought he gave a heart piece Sad
nvm then

well, here is an interesting glitch that allows you to walk around an unloaded Skyloft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr0IZymc-vs
The uploader doesn't know what caused it and I'm not sure if this could be useful(maybe deathwarp or BiT could yield interesting results?). Several youtubes have commented on it happening and have offered explanations such as landing on the rope or jumping off the bird right after it hits the bazaar.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:03:42 AM by Hakutri » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »

what?? I thought he gave a heart piece Sad
nvm then

well, here is an interesting glitch that allows you to walk around an unloaded Skyloft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr0IZymc-vs
The uploader doesn't know what caused it and I'm not sure if this could be useful(maybe deathwarp or BiT could yield interesting results?). Several youtubes have commented on it happening and have offered explanations such as landing on the rope or jumping off the bird right after it hits the bazaar.

There is multiple videos of this that has been posted on the forum.
One of them was actually from a playthrough/lets play video if I remember correctly, and it actually started before the actual glitch.
He was flying towards skyloft and whirlwinds started to spawn on skyloft, he avoided it and collided with the academy, then he landed on it.

Also, I do not understand why people keep mentioning BiT and such things in scenarios like these.
How would we even do anything BiT related here? starting BiT here would be exactly the same as starting BiT from a isle? And deathwarping from there would be exactly the same as deathwarping from any other isles aswell.

And yes, the bamboo minigame is completely useless (which is odd). The reward isn't even good, it is a very slow method of getting treasures.

smallace
Deku Scrub

« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2012, 01:41:12 AM »

Not sure if this can be useful, but when i was testing my stream this happened. Im not sure how it happened but its there if any wants to mess around with it.   
 http://www.twitch.tv/smallace/b/306472571
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2012, 03:24:45 PM »

I don't get it, what happened?

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »

Seems like link tried to grab the zipline, but somehow missed. So he kind of jumped high in place. Doubt that will be useful though.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:11 AM »

I think there's something to this slingshot skip trick in Eldin I'm not getting. Is the area you can land on really so small that I can only manage it maybe once in twenty tries? And as for getting underground, I have no idea when to let go of and repress A, and end up getting caught every time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:30:02 AM by Swiffy » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »

Afaik, the trick is actually pretty dumb and is basically a pixel perfect jump followed by frame perfect timing. Until someone comes up with some magic setup, I'm gonna ignore it.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2012, 01:00:45 AM »

Guys, please read the topic before posting anything you think is new, especially if it is an old youtube video. Idk, its kinda annoying to hear the same thing over again. It may be 10 pages, but there is so much info in there. Also, come on. BiT is still pretty isolated. Using it from a situation like that sky Skyloft crap really doesn't sound useful or even possible. Well, possible, but as you cant save there, its pointless. Sorry if I'm being a pushover, its just tiring explaining things over and over again. The key to BiT is saving. Where you activate BiT isn't important. Its where you save before you do, and for warping its about saving during BiT.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: