ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 04:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455177 times)
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2011, 12:14:25 AM »

That's why I said it would be useful for 100% :p
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #346 on: January 01, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »

I found a way to select blank save files in the file menu.
This allows you to copy blank save files, including hero mode save files (yay!).
You can also check the playtime on a hero mode file before starting up the game.
And you can crash the game by attempting to start up a blank normal mode file. [Yay]x2.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/misc/selecting-empty-files

ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #347 on: January 02, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »

I haven't looked through all pages to see if it's mentioned somwhere. I'm having trouble with  Lake Floria early, can I get a good explanation of the timing. I get on the tree fine, but when I try to jump over the other side I keep failing. I stand where the rope is and try to jump mostly straight over to the OoB area. So can I have some advice?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #348 on: January 02, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »

I haven't looked through all pages to see if it's mentioned somwhere. I'm having trouble with  Lake Floria early, can I get a good explanation of the timing. I get on the tree fine, but when I try to jump over the other side I keep failing. I stand where the rope is and try to jump mostly straight over to the OoB area. So can I have some advice?

I do not recommend using that method for lake floria early.
This is by far the easiest method there is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScZ7IPlf6w

Zm4rf
Deku Scrub

« Reply #349 on: January 02, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

I know that there is the skyward strike to knock down the vines to enter the Deep Woods, but what else do we need the slingshot for?
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #350 on: January 02, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

I know that there is the skyward strike to knock down the vines to enter the Deep Woods, but what else do we need the slingshot for?
Actually, it's not even needed for that. It's needed to hit the switch that opens the door to Skyview Temple - you can get in without it, but the dungeon won't be loaded properly. There have been ideas about ways around that, but the more concrete barrier to skipping it is simply that you can't use B button items without it.

You can skip getting it back in Bokoblin Base, but it doesn't seem plausible for there to be any way to skip getting it the first time. People have tried to get around it, but the second reason likely kills any possibility of skipping it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:41:58 PM by TheOthin » Logged
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2012, 11:55:47 PM »

Can someone please link this to the front page.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Ecko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »

okay i figured out if you get the boss key in sandship you can death warp with this and you keep the boss key

but in ancient cistern you don´t keep the boss key after death warp but why is that so?

anyway i think death warp in AC don´t save so much time

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #353 on: January 04, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »

okay i figured out if you get the boss key in sandship you can death warp with this and you keep the boss key

but in ancient cistern you don´t keep the boss key after death warp but why is that so?

anyway i think death warp in AC don´t save so much time

Uhm. You keep the boss key in all dungeons that doesn't start an event. AC start an event when you get the boss key. You're supposed to survive all the zombies that spawn.

We use deathwarp after boss key in a few dungeons already.

Also, we would save at least a minute if we could deathwarp after AC boss key, making it a decent timesaver, compared to most deathwarps that saves like 5-10 seconds.

(We already use deathwarp in sandship. We save at the statue next to the boss door when we get the 2nd key, then warp back down after boss key)

Ecko
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #354 on: January 05, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »

Uhm. You keep the boss key in all dungeons that doesn't start an event. AC start an event when you get the boss key. You're supposed to survive all the zombies that spawn.

We use deathwarp after boss key in a few dungeons already.

Also, we would save at least a minute if we could deathwarp after AC boss key, making it a decent timesaver, compared to most deathwarps that saves like 5-10 seconds.

(We already use deathwarp in sandship. We save at the statue next to the boss door when we get the 2nd key, then warp back down after boss key)

oh okay i didn´t see that alright thanks
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2012, 01:37:20 AM »

A few observations-
-At the beginning of a new file I sidehopped through my first green and my first blue rupee at the same time, only the green rupee animation played, but then on the next blue rupee I got the blue rupee animation, so no skip there Sad
-Strangely enough the stamina plant outside the dormitory on the lower floor doesn't appear until after the first Zelda cutscene
-I'm curious as to if I come to Orielle's Loftwing when its injured already with mushroom spores collected from the Forest and heal it with that if I can still get the bottle from her brother
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2012, 04:03:13 AM »

You should be able to do get the bottle.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
project89
Deku Scrub

« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »

If you already have the mushroom spores when you help her loftwing, her brother will give you an empty bottle the next time you talk to him.
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #358 on: January 15, 2012, 03:34:43 AM »

A few small things:
-The first time you enter the volcano region and run into the Laval walrus thing there is a short cutscene showing it being surprised and then running into the hole and breathing out fire. You can skip that cutscene by striking it first with Beetle or slingshot which causes it to run into hole but without a cutscene.
-Cutscenes restore stamina(I'm sure most people noticed this, pardon any redundancy) this helps in several places
-In final ghirahim fight when going down the sealing grounds you can knock a lot of enemies over the edge with an upwards swing, particularly the blue guy that runs around and the guys with the horns,
-You can skip the cutscene when Kukiel's mother tells you that Kukiel is missing by going to the Goddess Statue at night
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2012, 11:59:13 AM »

Also trying to open a locked door resets stamina.

Only use I know is when you want to do quests at night (such as getting grattitude crystals), and you need to walk to the first floor to exit the academy. Rolling during this and resetting stamina by trying to open gaepora's door should save some time cause then you can roll all the way to the exit, else you wouldn't have had enough.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: