ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:52:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455247 times)
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2011, 01:23:06 AM »

is this the easiest way to do the pumpkin minigame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRdzbschfk

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »

That mini game pissed me off so bad. The aiming and reflexes are just annoyingn. Good strat there :p
Warchamp7
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #317 on: December 25, 2011, 03:21:15 AM »

I've never even seen that mini-game

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #318 on: December 25, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »

is this the easiest way to do the pumpkin minigame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRdzbschfk
Someone had a vid with a score of 1,000 using that method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeb9E6J72oo

Seems like it is easier based on the comments.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Warchamp7
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2011, 04:09:50 AM »

So a fun little thing I learned today about skipping cutscenes. I know for a while I was mashing 2 to skip them, and in videos I saw other people doing same, and we'd all be confused why it wasn't working sometimes.

It's not about hitting the button though, it's about holding it. If a cut scene starts up and you're already holding 2, you'll see it for half a second.

swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2011, 05:50:27 AM »

already known warchamp =P
Warchamp7
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2011, 06:11:37 AM »

Oh I'm sure Tongue

TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »

Back in Time doesn't crash the game if you reset after continuing after dying. I'll post a video later.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2011, 11:23:02 PM »

Can you explain in more detail?
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »

I'm streaming it right now. =P
I'll post a highlight when I'm done messing around.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2011, 12:29:52 AM »

When you say BiT, does it actually work like it does in TP, or is it just another way of saying "respawn when resetting the game"?
Because BiT sounds like it could be very interesting if it is like in TP.

TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2011, 12:58:54 AM »

I’m not exactly sure how it works in TP to begin with, but so far, no.

Getting Link on the title screen is pretty simple though.
1) Die/kill yourself
2) Select continue
3) Immediately reset the game

You can roam around skyloft and do quite a bit. You start out with nothing. I’m not sure of the specifics because a lot of it is pretty weird, but doing certain things “unlocks” parts of your inventory, usually, it seems from file 3. For example, collecting your first stamina fruit while out of stamina seems to give you a sword. Swimming into the barn (If you have the dragon scale, probably from file 3) unlocks B items for use. Going into different maps (houses, the shop, the cave) gives you a tunic. Leaving these places usually crashes the game.

Activating secrets, ie. Pushing the box, rolling into a tree with money activates the cutscene where the light beam opens the storm cloud. After this, Link is stuck in place and can do nothing. Talking to a bird statue and leaving a house at night also start the cutscene and freeze Link. This doesn’t actually crash the game, and you can still select a file. Jumping off sklyloft gets Link into the same frozen state.

Pressing 1  or + crashes the game. I’m unsure what saving at the bird statue does, and many things have yet to be tested. So mess around and try as much as you can, and maybe this will get us something in a file we aren’t supposed to have.

Edit: This video shows me messing around with it from when I accidentally discovered it to when I had to leave.
http://justin.tv/theonly0/b/303895004
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:03:07 AM by TheOnlyOne » Logged
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2011, 01:38:19 AM »

Erm so it's in french but basically this guy was caught at the eldinn thing and when he got his items back they were all upgraded to the max.

http://forum.palaiszelda.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=9641

Don't know if it could be any useful (only useful upgrade is beetle I guess ?), but you never know :p
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2011, 01:42:38 AM »

OK, I did some more testing with the BiT. So when you do the BiT, you respawn in Skyloft. The game seems to always load from File 3. At first everything seems as a fresh file, but as the game makes checks, it adds things. For example, it appears that when you swim underwater (if File 3 has the scale) the game disables items. When you get out of the water items are re-enabled, giving you access to all of you items on File 3. Also, many events (such as item collection and entering the bazaar) seems to update your rupee count.

Of the most part, there doesn't seem to be much you can do in this Title Screen state. You can enter almost all rooms, but if you leave or go to another room, the game crashes. Attempting to leave Skyloft on your bird also crashes. If you load a File, the File is loaded normally.

Something that is interesting though, is saving. While the game loads the data from File 3, it still thinks it is on the File # that you were on originally (the file you BiT'd on). So if you save, The File # you BiT'd on is overwritten with your File 3. The only difference is that the Link's location is changed to the bird statue on Skyloft.

This still works if File 3 is empty or an empty hero file. So if your File 3 is an empty hero file, you can copy it to the other slots, which is normally impossible. This could be useful, as you don't need to keep fighting Demise to replay Hero Mode. Potentially more interesting, when BiT'ing on File 3, you can BiT Warp from any location to Skyloft. As far as I could tell (which I could be mistaken) any changes made during the Title Screen (such as rupee collection) does not affect your saves.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2011, 01:55:42 AM »

With BiT, if you die, you crash. I tried bombs and fall damage, both ended up with me needed a hard reset. As far as I know, you cannot exit the title screen without loading a file.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: