ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 05:15:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455182 times)
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »

I guess it's too high to highflip it ? Or highflip around it, dunno. Just giving ideas :p
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2011, 12:19:54 AM »

Yeah cuz I know you can get back by jumping off next to the one the dude is fixing.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »

If I remember correctly, you do not even have to trigger the zelda cutscene if you could get past the gate early.
I am pretty sure I could go directly to the groose cutscene and skip zelda entirely when I used clipping.

I've tried to get past the gate a lot without any success. If someone manages to pull it off, that would be awesome.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #288 on: December 19, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »

Yeah, I have too. I think the only thing is that the gate at the bottom won't open until you get the sailcloth if you skip Zelda. Or maybe after you get goddess sword. Also, if you skip the race by walking around the barrier that tells you to jump off, you can sleep in a bed till night to start the Fi sequence, you just won't get the sailcloth...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:57:36 PM by Abahbob » Logged
Zm4rf
Deku Scrub

« Reply #289 on: December 19, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »

Noob question: is the sailcoth necessary?
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #290 on: December 19, 2011, 08:16:40 PM »

You do a lot of skydiving, especially to get between areas, and without the sailcloth, it seems like that might hurt...
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #291 on: December 19, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

Well the story forces you to obtain it, that and it's used for traveling up air-gusts (who knows though, maybe the gusts trigger the cloth to be used automatically with or without it being obtained).

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #292 on: December 19, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »

During the silent realm, you don't have the sailcloth, and link can go up air-gusts (i'm thinking about eldinn silent realm, in the part where you have to go down that slope and use the two consecutive air-gusts, same place where you get a part of the key of earth temple).

So I think sailcloath is unnecessary for air-gusts. Only need would be when you fall. But it's not like it's huge losses of life and there are many of them.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »

Its still a theory, as I haven't gotten past the zone without cheats. But it is used automatically with gusts. It is used when you are diving from sky to surface. The only difference is that you cannot manually use it from heights. I'm sure there are some side effects later, and it would slow you down when falling from heights due to damage and you walk slower for a second.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2011, 12:14:51 AM »

I downloaded that file save with the early Volcano trigger happening. I messed around a little bit on it.

Here's the theories/facts that I have.

-Saved at Skyview Temple after beating it.
-3 heart pieces + container
-got potion shop bottle, but not the one in Impa's chest.
-upgraded slingshot.
-bought bug net, had basic wooden shield
-Gorko is outside the sealed grounds and talks about the gossip stones+walls (I can't remember if he's here usually)
-did not use any bird statues except one outside of temple. Used both in deep woods.
-Temple seems normal. No enemy changes or special water.
-Has not been to lumpy pumpkin yet.
-Did lake floria early, the kettle is there, but no water dragon. The squids speak of saving her though.

I'm going to try and mess around with doing some odd things on a new hero file, but this is all I've got so far. The strangest thing about the file seems to be the upgraded slingshot. I don't think you would have the necessary treasures to do it in a non-Hero Mode file, so it could be the trigger. It sounds like something they would have tested for, but hey, Lanayru Goron. Anything is possible. I'm also not sure if this was saved directly after the temple or not, because the rupee counter was only at 23 or something, and that seems awfully low for coming out of a temple. He might have just purchased the slingshot upgrade, but then why return to the temple entrance to save?

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »

Checking on my Hero Mode file that's in the middle of the first Eldin visit, Goro is indeed behind the Sacred Temple, but he doesn't know any details about the stones/walls yet; he just mentions that there are some things that respond to music. Which makes sense, since you aren't supposed to have the harp to activate them yet. He's also holding a map; I don't remember whether or not he still does that later.

I also decided to upgrade the Slingshot, then returned to Eldin; nothing unusual happened. It required Dusk Relics, which you indeed cannot get on a Normal Mode file before the first Eldin visit, but you should be able to get everything necessary for the upgrade by the end of the first Sacred Realm, which is long before the Bokoblin Base sequence.

Also, let's keep in mind that although it sounds like the file that uploaded the glitch was a Hero Mode file, the first file that reported the glitch was not. So other causes specific to Hero Mode don't sound likely.

If it is a Hero Mode file, it's even stranger that he didn't get the bottle in the Sealed Temple or the bird statues...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:21:30 AM by TheOthin » Logged
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #296 on: December 20, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »

Checking on my Hero Mode file that's in the middle of the first Eldin visit, Goro is indeed behind the Sacred Temple, but he doesn't know any details about the stones/walls yet; he just mentions that there are some things that respond to music. Which makes sense, since you aren't supposed to have the harp to activate them yet. He's also holding a map; I don't remember whether or not he still does that later.

I also decided to upgrade the Slingshot, then returned to Eldin; nothing unusual happened. It required Dusk Relics, which you indeed cannot get on a Normal Mode file before the first Eldin visit, but you should be able to get everything necessary for the upgrade by the end of the first Sacred Realm, which is long before the Bokoblin Base sequence.

Also, let's keep in mind that although it sounds like the file that uploaded the glitch was a Hero Mode file, the first file that reported the glitch was not. So other causes specific to Hero Mode don't sound likely.

If it is a Hero Mode file, it's even stranger that he didn't get the bottle in the Sealed Temple or the bird statues...

I was thinking that perhaps not activating the bird statues was some sort of self-imposed challenge, but some are activated, so that's kind of a bad theory.

I don't have the save that is the normal file, just a hero mode file. I'm going to start a normal file pretty soon and try everything I can think of. If it goes with the normal screw-up this game has, it's probably an NPC that you have to talk to that normal people wouldn't. If there's any NPC that might trigger it, my guess would be the fortune-teller. His house is particularly hard to find, and very few players would not only find it, but go there at night that early in the game. Since he does eventually get a sidequest (losing the crystal ball after being sent to learn the song by Levias), could it be possible that he could be the trigger for it? It's a longshot, but I suppose anything is. We haven't tested it yet, so if anyone has an early-game file and doesn't mind going through Skyview again, maybe try talking to him and then going to Eldin. We're going to go through it soon anyway, but if anyone has a save for that, it would be interesting to find out.

It'll be hard to reproduce what the guy did, especially because I've heard that it can happen after you start the pinwheel sequence for the windmills in Skyloft.

Which makes me remember another sequence break idea that people had--if one does skip the Gust Bellow/Leaf Blower/Dust Buster thing, then you won't be able to get into the thunderstorm, so we'll have to eventually get into the Lanayru Mine to get just it. I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I just remembered that.

Gonna be doing some testing stuff tonight, I'll report anything I find. If anything.

EDIT:

Sudden terrible thought. This is the only Zelda that has conversation trees. In other words, different responses to a choice you make. What if it's a specific combination of things that you have to choose? O.O That's horrifying.

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #297 on: December 20, 2011, 02:50:02 AM »

just talk to goddamn everyone Tongue
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #298 on: December 20, 2011, 03:44:34 AM »

I think it may be about the amount of materials/bugs :/ too lazy to get the save again though. Also, I HIGHLY doubt it is from the conversation choices. Also, speculation about what he did being weird really isn't helpful, as not all players have the same motivation. So lets not rule anything in or out because it's "weird". Well, I am getting tired of trying for a perfect Eldin run, I might mess around with that glitch shit again.

Also, I have talked with Red-X, and the codes he had been using at the time were:
Have Shield With Curse Medal [Anarion]
Disable Fi's Dowsing Reminder [Anarion]
always fly at boost ring speed [wiiztec]
fly speed [wiiztec] (C,up/C,B to fly fast/slow) pointer ver.
A Button Text Speed Modifier (XXXX Times Text Speed) [brkirch]
No Screen Minimize While Z-Targeting [Bully@Wiiplaza]
No Notification The First Time You Collect A Bug Or Treasure [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Disable Fi's Low Battery Warning [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Disable Fi's Low Health Warning [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Disable Low Health Alarm [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Disable Fi's Low Shield Gauge Warning [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Text Speed Modifier (XXXX Times Normal Text Speed) [brkirch]
Perform Skyward Strikes At Full Health [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Skyward Strike Charges Instantly [Bully@Wiiplaza]
Super Clawshoot [Thomas83Lin]
Game Breaking Bug Glitch Fix [Thomas83Lin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:54:09 AM by Abahbob » Logged
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #299 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:45 AM »

.... wait, he was using codes? it's probably the "game breaking bug fix" one then :/ I thought this was done without cheats.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: