ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 08:26:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455215 times)
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »

I couldn't find this in the thread, so I'll just post it; you can skip ramming the eyes on Levias and the introductory cutscene to Bilocyte, as long as you're willing to fight Bilocyte blind:

Invisible Bilocyte Glitch, discovered by srb2Espyo

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »

My bad, coulda sworn you still had the mitts...

Ugh the beginning is so long... Even with cheats, you still need to get the training sword, race(for the sailcloth), and then get the goddess sword. I still can't imagine a way around this.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »

That Bilocyte video was interesting. Shouldn't be too hard to do it that way either.

a quick question though: Can the Lanayru Desert skip (Skipping the updated map with one of the shells used as extra height) be done without a shield?
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2011, 12:31:35 AM »

As long as you need to use that snail thingy monster, I don't think you can skip getting a shield. You need to push it against the wall in order to climb it, if it stuns itself I think it will be too far.

That bilocyte glitch is kinda cool, skips all the eyeballs which can be a pain in the ass (in a single segment mostly), and it's just half blind cause you can Z lock him.

Thing is you'd need triggers before to get to the boss, cause you need the "tornado spin" thingy for the bird in order to have access to the soup to bring him, so you still gotta do that crap :p
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2011, 01:23:15 AM »

I'm still working on getting the desert skip with a shield :/
Still, If you could get it to hit between the part that juts out and the clawshot target first.
Then get it to hit the part that juts out and while it's stunned, hit it once with the sword so it will roll instead of dig.
If you can somehow manage to get the right angle off of the little pillar/island w/e, it may be close enough to get it. Just a theory. Still, a shield would be much more effective and timesaving in the long run for Lanayru.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2011, 04:24:50 AM »

OMG LEVIAS EYE SKIP!!!!!  I couldn't stand that part, so damn frustrating. 

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »

well I've been messing around with the save file that was posted on gamefaqs. no idea what causes it still, but long story short, it seems completely useless for a speedrun even if we can replicate it.

details:

The guy is saved outside Skyview Temple. Seems like the last thing he did was finish the dungeon and then save at the statue outside of it. For some reason though the game thinks he's supposed to go to Fire Sanctuary. The file select screen says to go to Fire Sanctuary and Fi says to go to the third sacred flame in Eldin Volcano. So after you go drop off the tablet at the statue and go to Eldin, the eruption sequence triggers.

So here's the thing. When you wake up in the cage, there's nothing there. Bokoblin standing in front of the entrance is gone, there's nothing in the cage including the barrel you're supposed to pick up, so you're permanently stuck inside the cage. Using cheats, if you leave the cage and explore the volcano, there's a lot of actors scattered around (enemies, bomb flowers, cutscene triggers) but the mogma, bokoblins and chests are all not present. The loading zone to go to the volcano summit is also gone. The weird part though, is apparently if you talk to the Sheikah Stone and then back out of the menu, it'll load the actors so you can actually go through the sequence like normal. You can get every item except the bow. When you get to the crater, the Goddess Sword is there instead of the True Master Sword. You can get the adventure pouch and the sword and then go see Fire Dragon.

Now there's still a lot of problems.

-The game sets most of Eldin to the post-boko base part. This is problematic, because the door to the Earth Temple is still closed, but the key pieces are not there. So at this point you're basically screwed.
-You apparently can't dig without the Digging Mitts, even if you have the Mogma Mitts. I guess the digging mitts are what actually let you dig in holes, and the Mogma Mitts stack on top of them and let you burrow :s
-Because it's the post-boko base part, you can't get the Digging Mitts.
-The Fi trigger preventing you from going to the summit reappears.
-As for even getting through the sequence to begin with: two big problems. First off, the fact that you're stuck in the cage, and second, you don't have Fireshield Earrings, which means you take constant damage inside the volcano. The only remotely feasible way to get out of the cage that I can think of is to die. The only remotely feasible way to get through the volcano without the earrings is to take a Guardian Potion + or ++, whatever the max is, and get through the sequence as fast as possible. These things kind of cancel each other out. Guardian Potion would make it impossible to die, but then not taking the Guardian Potion would make it impossible to get through the volcano without the earrings.
-Everything except Eldin works perfectly fine. There's nothing unusual in Faron or Skyloft, and the Faron SotH event won't trigger.

Soo yeah. It seems completely useless. Would still be cool to find out why it happens though. Oh also... the extra dowsing slots are BS lol. After you complete the bokoblin base, you can go and get the ability to dowse for rupees even though you haven't unlocked the extra slots. The game lets you select the option anyway even though it's not visible in the menu. Anyway, that's mostly it.

The only way to have any chance in hell of this being useful imo is if we can avoid triggering the sequence until after going to Eldin, getting the digging mitts and opening the Earth Temple... that way there's at least a shot of being able to get through the crater and continue the game afterwards.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:29:49 AM by Paraxade » Logged
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

That's unfortunate... but we know it's real, and it sounds like it could somehow be duplicated. The questions are, how, when, and what could we do differently? Maybe there are some abnormalities in Faron that could explain what he did.

Also, speaking of the bow, is it even in the last chest with the adventure pouch if you didn't get it in the first place? If not, did that cause any more issues with reaching the dragon to end the quest and leave the area?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »

Nope, and no, you can use the beetle to cut the rope.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2011, 02:21:17 PM »

Wrongwarps
   Behind the temple > Sealed Grounds
      Freeze
   Sealed Grounds > Behind the Temple
      Flooded Faron Woods
   Sealed Temple > Behind the Temple
      Hylia Temple (back in time)
   Sealed Temple > Sealed Grounds
      Freeze

Hylia Temple > Behind Locked Door
      Sealed Temple (forward in time)

The flooded faron woods and hylia temple wrong warps will most likely never be possible.
As soon as the game registers that you're in the areas the statues despawn. The walk on air code prevents the game from detecting this though, and that's why I'm able to test these statues.

Anyway, those two must be the most interesting wrong warps so far.

Also, Bokoblin base early causes loading zones to go away in the area.

Talking to the shiekah stone will cause the bokoblin base to load properly. The zone probably reload when you exit the menues. Entering and exiting the area should fix this aswell, but that isn't possible since all the loading zones are gone.

If you die you will respawn outside of the jail. (between the jail and the landing point) You can't get to the shiekah stone from here sadly. But it doesn't really matter anyway, since we can't die without cheats to begin with.

You can't get sacred water at the end of the first dungeon on this save file either.

Landing in sealed grounds won't prevent the bokoblin base from triggering, so the bokoblin base sequence has probably already started (Which may be why it mess up when you get there. Normally the sequence start when you reach the area, not before).

I may have forgotten something... I've tested quite a lot of things today.

Edit:
I did further testing with the Wrongwarp that takes you to temple of hylia. This time I tested it on a brand new file (before I even talked to granny), and these are the results:
The cutscene of you entering the temple is all messed up, the camera is OoB in the sealed grounds.
The gate of time is missing.
The door to sealed grounds (the temple entrance door) is missing.
The huge doors that leads into the room that zelda is in is also missing.
Impa is there and acts as if it is your first visit, just like she is supposed to.

Because the gate was missing, I attempted to do the wrong warp that takes you back to the present time.
After you return to the present and the cutscene of you exiting the gate of time starts, the camera will mess up and end up OoB, and then the game softlocks.

So, Temple of Hylia early through wrong warp is not possible. You'll have to activate the gate.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:51:46 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2011, 04:43:18 PM »

New method to get OoB in Faron Woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzG7MVw6Afo&lc=L2fUTlJFP_zkibvBqx1IxRNKU8tuefeTuvh-yHoenPc&feature=inbox

It isn't shown in the video but you can use it to get to Lake Floria early by luring the giant moblin up to the area where I entered Faron Woods from. Once you done that get the moblin side on with the wall with his spear hand next to the wall. As soon as you hear his grunting noise indicating he's about to attack side hop right,then run up the side of his shield and grab the ledge (not front on like I do in this video).

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2011, 07:41:30 PM »

New method to get OoB in Faron Woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzG7MVw6Afo&lc=L2fUTlJFP_zkibvBqx1IxRNKU8tuefeTuvh-yHoenPc&feature=inbox

It isn't shown in the video but you can use it to get to Lake Floria early by luring the giant moblin up to the area where I entered Faron Woods from. Once you done that get the moblin side on with the wall with his spear hand next to the wall. As soon as you hear his grunting noise indicating he's about to attack side hop right,then run up the side of his shield and grab the ledge (not front on like I do in this video).

Wait, wait, wait. Is he even there before you get to Lake Floria? I can't remember him being there before lake floria?

Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »

I think the enemies change right after AC. Can't fully remember though.

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »

You fight a Moblin when you're climbing up that tree to reach the Kikwi that helps you reach AC, and I'm certain that's not the first Moblin I remember fighting. So they change sometime before that, probably after the first battle with The Imprisoned or something else around that time.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »

I'm pretty sure it changes when you're going to do the trials, so yes he's there before LF

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: