ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 04:03:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455166 times)
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »

The fastest 300 rupees ever trick:

After you get the 1st part of the song from water dragon, dont move, angle a sidehop correctly and you fall in front of a 300 rupee chest (fly with the beetle to find the chest before jump if you dont known where it is)

Tongue
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »

Interesting discovery. If you have a low battery (and Fi is blinking to tell you this) her text doesn't come out to talk to you when going through the fire hallway (where you need the earrings). It was the first time going through the hallway.

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »

Haha, how ironical Smiley

Means that blinking for batteries would work to skip other shitty dialogs maybe ?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »

Interesting discovery. If you have a low battery (and Fi is blinking to tell you this) her text doesn't come out to talk to you when going through the fire hallway (where you need the earrings). It was the first time going through the hallway.

Wait, really? Does that mean you can get into the crater early?
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

Is it the same as when she tries to tell you that you have low hearts? That seems a lot easier to set up.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »

Hah, low battery speedruns. Would ruin the game.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »

Hah, low battery speedruns. Would ruin the game.
Better than getting Fi'd all the time. And if you can duplicate it with low hearts instead of low battery, it shouldn't be an issue.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »

Low batteries would suck lmao. "Oh shit my batteries ran out, brb gotta put in some new ones and waste them til they're low enough to be able to run again"
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »

I don't know if it works with low heart. Would be interesting to find out, though. I can't test it too much, I don't know if it would work different in Hero Mode or not. This was on a new file.

And it was just the message that "hey, this is a hot area". I didn't actually try to go the other way, so I don't know if it would stop that text. I assume it wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:33:37 PM by brynnagiadrosich » Logged

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »

Testing it on my Hero Mode file, Fi wouldn't give her low-heart report while inside the heated area. In fact, her icon disappeared entirely once I got past the entrance. So low heart might work other places, but not in the volcano.

Edit: Wait, just the warning for entering the heated area in general? Is that even supposed to be forced? This was the first time on the Hero Mode file that I was entering the heated area, and she didn't even appear to say that; she just gave the alert sound and her icon flashed, which I ignored.

Edit2: Recalling back to first loading up the file (with battery about to reach the low stage), it seems like the blinking only lasts for a few seconds after it reaches that stage, so you'd have to time it near-perfectly to get it to work. And that would just be insane. Is it possible that she was just blinking to tell you that you were about to enter the hot area and you had a low battery so you thought that was it?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:30:05 AM by TheOthin » Logged
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2011, 01:35:51 AM »

Low batteries would suck lmao. "Oh shit my batteries ran out, brb gotta put in some new ones and waste them til they're low enough to be able to run again"
Not really, just pop those badboys in a gamegear for 30 minutes and you're good to go!

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »

Testing it on my Hero Mode file, Fi wouldn't give her low-heart report while inside the heated area. In fact, her icon disappeared entirely once I got past the entrance. So low heart might work other places, but not in the volcano.

Edit: Wait, just the warning for entering the heated area in general? Is that even supposed to be forced? This was the first time on the Hero Mode file that I was entering the heated area, and she didn't even appear to say that; she just gave the alert sound and her icon flashed, which I ignored.

Edit2: Recalling back to first loading up the file (with battery about to reach the low stage), it seems like the blinking only lasts for a few seconds after it reaches that stage, so you'd have to time it near-perfectly to get it to work. And that would just be insane. Is it possible that she was just blinking to tell you that you were about to enter the hot area and you had a low battery so you thought that was it?

This wasn't on Hero Mode file, it was just on a regular file. From what I recall from my first "normal file" playthrough, it is a forced message. The batteries were low, the battery symbol was in the corner. My memory may be wrong, but I remember it being a forced message.

Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2011, 05:47:30 AM »

I have this in the boss thread, but it's a big enough time saver to warrant sticking here as well for you entire-game run guys.

In the Horde Battle, you can jump off a Moblin's shield over the edge of the cliff at the second barrier, thus skipping a full third of the sequence. Counting a skipped cutscene with the blue bokoblin, this is pretty much a full minute off your run's total time. Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZm5PdOJg3A
UhelligGudn
Deku Scrub

« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »

I had the low battery warning annoy me off and on for something like 5-6 hours, they last for ages after it first comes up. Thus, an idea!

If this really does allow the skipping of the fire earrings, it would easily be justified in pausing and swapping out the batteries. You could time the best point to insert some dying batteries in order to have the indicator come up when you want it to. Then you could pause again after and take the batteries out. That way you'd have these "dead batteries" that you could use for the trick, or any other Fi cut scene skip whenever you want.

Obviously the saving would need to be worth the pause time to swap batteries, but this sounds like a pretty entertaining strategy if it works Tongue
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2011, 08:48:37 AM »

I have this in the boss thread, but it's a big enough time saver to warrant sticking here as well for you entire-game run guys.

In the Horde Battle, you can jump off a Moblin's shield over the edge of the cliff at the second barrier, thus skipping a full third of the sequence. Counting a skipped cutscene with the blue bokoblin, this is pretty much a full minute off your run's total time. Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZm5PdOJg3A

Weird. I tried the same thing while streaming once (I did not do it in boss rush though!) and the game got softlocked after I killed all the bokoblins down there.
Like, I got all the way down, killed the enemies, the shield around ghirahim and zelda despawned, and I could run around and even talk with zelda (she didn't say anthing though), but nothing more happened.

Does this really work outside of boss rush? Because it didn't work for me =/

Also:
Battery swapping in a segmented run. Just start a segmented with low batteries, and then swap them for the next one. It wont cost you any time at all. So even if it just skip one single small text in the game, it would still save a couple of seconds.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:51:44 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: