ZSR Forums
May 01, 2024, 10:43:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 455241 times)
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2011, 04:57:15 AM »

It literally stops you from upgrading without the bug net. And in hero mode you lose way more air when you spin, so you have to swim really slow everywhere; the tadtones hardly make up for the air you lose. With an air potion + you can spin forever and it’s way faster. But I still agree that it isn’t worth it in the long run.
swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2011, 04:59:16 AM »

It literally stops you from upgrading without the bug net. And in hero mode you lose way more air when you spin, so you have to swim really slow everywhere; the tadtones hardly make up for the air you lose. With an air potion + you can spin forever and it’s way faster. But I still agree that it isn’t worth it in the long run.
hold on a sec. You lose more air in hero mode when you spin? I did not know this. Though because there are no forced bazaar visits post fire sanctuary it definitely does not make up for lost time.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2011, 05:15:38 AM »

This is a very tiny thing, but I wasn't really able to do the enemy goddess cube warping in Faron woods (only tried it a couple of times really). You can still skip Goron text by activating it from a few feet away though. Kind of obsolete, but maybe worth mentioning.

Has anyone tried warping up to the goddess cube where you need the clawshot (in the woods near the big tree)?

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2011, 07:42:28 AM »

This is a very tiny thing, but I wasn't really able to do the enemy goddess cube warping in Faron woods (only tried it a couple of times really). You can still skip Goron text by activating it from a few feet away though. Kind of obsolete, but maybe worth mentioning.

Has anyone tried warping up to the goddess cube where you need the clawshot (in the woods near the big tree)?

Goddess cube warp only work on the cube in deepwoods. The reason it works is because you trigger a cutscene with the goron, and it automatically warp you to that specific location so that the cutscene looks right.

freefang
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »

This is probably a useless glitch, were you can use fatal blow on a "dead" enemy, but who knows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoC69bvyTdo
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »

Don't say it's useless yet. Few days ago I was thinking how we can had longjump in this game. And I also tough about somehow glitch fatal blow move that way you can do it anywhere. This actually might be our key to long jump if we can do this anywhere. If we can reproduce it somehow!

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »

ooh, my brother did this by accident awhile ago and we played around with it for a bit. The way we got this to happen is you need to pull that enemy down so that it falls off a ledge as it lands, which forces it to fly but puts you in the final strike state whenever you target it. The video's not very clear on this point but you can only do the strike to the point on the ledge where the bird fell off.

Calling useless for now unless there are any points in the game where we can get the bird to land on a platform we're not on and yet still pull this off?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2011, 12:31:21 PM »

There's birds in the main room of AC.
Maybe we can reach the rope early somehow.
I do not think so though. =/

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2011, 08:58:54 PM »

I found a mogma text skip in Skyview 2 that I believe saves a little time: When you enter the right-side room from the main lobby, instead of rolling through the web ahead and talking to the mogma about him losing the key, sprint up where the tree meets the wall and you can slip through to the water and go straight into the underwater crawlspace and then the key. After getting the key, go back down through the crawlspace again and water-jump up to the left where the 3-headed monster is and exit to the main room. This completely skips having the key-drop conversation with the mogma, should save some seconds.

If someone wants to grab a skyview 2 save and make a video of this you're welcome to. I can't make vids atm.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:03:26 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »

Another small timsaver: In Ancient Cistern, when you enter teh very first barred room to the right (requires you pull a lever to open), you're pretty much forced to land on a lilly pad which triggers a short cutscene. You can jump+JS over the left side of the short railing and land in the water, avoiding hitting a lillypad. It also points you directly to the next door you need to enter.

Again, feel free to make a video.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2011, 03:00:02 AM »

I posted the Skyview one earlier in the thread and ZFG skipped that cutscene in his AC run.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »

Too lazy to read the thread, so I'll just post it anyways

Playing through fire sanctuary, got in the double floor master fight. I hit both hands with the same dew drop, so that saves having to go get another one Tongue
I'm sure that one's somewhat obvious though

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2011, 03:52:25 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is new, so I'll post it. My dad discovered a way to clip while underwater in Ancient Cistern in the first room on the right (the one with the small key up on the ledge). It's very easy, but it's currently useless. Hopefully, someone can find something cool to do with it, or maybe some other swimming clips can be found using a similar method.

EDIT: Turns out a clip has already been found in this room (of course): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyreDLWFXYY
It uses a different spot, though.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:36:58 AM by darkeye14 » Logged

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2011, 10:32:47 AM »

Too bad you can't swim to the key :/
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »

Tried the floria lake early and completed the game. These are the annoying things happen:

1. Imposible to touch a cube at the start of faroria lake, because when you try to go back, there are a boss door and the boss apears outside the map (and the cutscene shows Out of Bounds sky omg...), so, with floria lake early you cant complete 100% the game, because of that cube

2. Climbing at the top of the tree during the inundation of farone or after, starts the cutscene of the old kiwi. I didnt try to talk him.

3. The floria lake map is autodiscovered after beat the ancient cistern.

Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: